New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Why are they wearing the black hats with the orange alt? Also, lots of empty seats... I know it's still preseason, but come on!

It's a soft opening.

They were only selling 25,000 tickets for today's game. 30,000 for tomorrow's. Both games are sellouts.

1997 | 2003

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are they wearing the black hats with the orange alt? Also, lots of empty seats... I know it's still preseason, but come on!

It's a soft opening.

They were only selling 25,000 tickets for today's game. 30,000 for tomorrow's. Both games are sellouts.

OK, that's good to hear. Still no excuse for not breaking out the orange caps though!

Man the Marlins Ballpark looks bad on tv. The bright green padding behind home plate and the blue seats don't look very good together. Need to tone down the colors.

But have to admit the aquariums look awesome!

Man the Marlins Ballpark looks bad on tv. The bright green padding behind home plate and the blue seats don't look very good together. Need to tone down the colors.

But have to admit the aquariums look awesome!

Behind homeplate needs to be blue to match the section color. Outfield section is green so the colors match out there.

I wish the Marlins would've used more blue and green in their uniforms if they were going to lean on it so heavily for the ballpark. I know we went over how there's no rule that says you have to do that in baseball, and in fact most teams don't, but I find it odd that the stadium is done in red/orange/yellow/blue/green but the uniforms use orange, yellow, and blue (with the yellow and blue being used sparingly).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wish the Marlins would've used more blue and green in their uniforms if they were going to lean on it so heavily for the ballpark. I know we went over how there's no rule that says you have to do that in baseball, and in fact most teams don't, but I find it odd that the stadium is done in red/orange/yellow/blue/green but the uniforms use orange, yellow, and blue (with the yellow and blue being used sparingly).

I wouldn't be surprised if we see blue alternate jerseys and/or hats in the next few years. It's a good looking blue.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Because it's a lot easier to use that many colors throughout a 35k seat stadium than on a baseball uniform. They use some colors from the stadium in the uniform so it's not like completely different color schemes. They already use enough colors in the identity, plus adding green to an already crowded uniform color scheme is overkill and red just doesn't look well with the logos/uniforms.

Wish the glass could come down.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Numbers are terrible. They should be Century Gothic to match the scripts, not whatever the hell those are. Athletic block doesn't work for the NOBs, either. I'd have gone with Trade Gothic (Colorado Avalanche, Montreal Canadiens use it), which is simple, unobtrusive, and eminently legible, while complementing the Century Gothic with curvilinear letterforms.

Black hats with orange jerseys is too Oriole-y. Not that they'll play each other much (till next year when interleague will run rampant), but since the Giants want to play up their orange now too, we have three really orange teams when really it should just be Baltimore all alone in that respect (San Francisco black first with orange secondary, Miami black with all colors equally secondary).

it's a lot easier to use that many colors throughout a 35k seat stadium than on a baseball uniform. They use some colors from the stadium in the uniform so it's not like completely different color schemes. They already use enough colors in the identity, plus adding green to an already crowded uniform color scheme is overkill and red just doesn't look well with the logos/uniforms.

The red-orange they use on the scripts is a fine red. It doesn't seem to match the orange of the hats and jerseys, so that may as well constitute two colors, if you think about it. Just missing some nice touches of green.

[artnsocal]AND BLUE PANTS!!!![/artnsocal]

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Numbers are terrible. They should be Century Gothic to match the scripts, not whatever the hell those are. Athletic block doesn't work for the NOBs, either. I'd have gone with Trade Gothic (Colorado Avalanche, Montreal Canadiens use it), which is simple, unobtrusive, and eminently legible, while complementing the Century Gothic with curvilinear letterforms.

Black hats with orange jerseys is too Oriole-y. Not that they'll play each other much (till next year when interleague will run rampant), but since the Giants want to play up their orange now too, we have three really orange teams when really it should just be Baltimore all alone in that respect (San Francisco black first with orange secondary, Miami black with all colors equally secondary).

it's a lot easier to use that many colors throughout a 35k seat stadium than on a baseball uniform. They use some colors from the stadium in the uniform so it's not like completely different color schemes. They already use enough colors in the identity, plus adding green to an already crowded uniform color scheme is overkill and red just doesn't look well with the logos/uniforms.

The red-orange they use on the scripts is a fine red. It doesn't seem to match the orange of the hats and jerseys, so that may as well constitute two colors, if you think about it. Just missing some nice touches of green.

[artnsocal]AND BLUE PANTS!!!![/artnsocal]

The orange appears different because the thread on the embroidery is different and the same color can look different between materials. Plus, with how thin it is, being next to the black outline also makes it seem darker.

I've thought that the Marlins new look could be cleaned up immensely by simply having a left chest logo design. I think it would be clean and uniform. You wouldn't have a mismash of various type applications (like outline treatments, compare the M in Marlins to the rest of the word). Then throw a similar font on the numbers and they'd look much better.

5b190b287d7424f85de861fd193f2369-getty-142287353.jpg

Tropicana Field was accurately called Sam's Club; this isn't much better. That glass needs to be done away with if possible. I bet the stadium is much better with the roof open too, but with it closed, it doesn't look good.

They keep the roof closed due to the humidity along with the heat. Just the heat would be fine but the humidity is what gets you in Miami.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the marlins do an alternate jersey with the M on the leg Chest. They did it before with the short lived pinstripe alt in 2003-2005.

Archived