New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Yeah, wow, that thing is pretty dark in the corners there. For all the Bright Happy Fun Miami Party touches they're going with, in the grand scheme of things the whole thing is kind of shadowy and dismal. It's like listening to the Smiths, if listening to the Smiths cost half a billion dollars.

300px-Dolphin_Stadium.jpg

It's not my home, it's their home, and I'm welcome no more.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder if they'll wear the orange hat at all?

as am I. i love the orange hat, it has sold very well but the Marlins seem to think it doesnt exist...

though Ive heard its the away hat, maybe thats why

Listed online as the away hat, I was told hit was the home hat with the white jersey yet there was a photo of H2R with Reyes and Reyes was wearing the black jersey with the orange hat.

Alot of combos. Can't wait to see how the orange hat is used. The orange jersey is a Sunday alternate.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

5b190b287d7424f85de861fd193f2369-getty-142287353.jpg

Tropicana Field was accurately called Sam's Club; this isn't much better. That glass needs to be done away with if possible. I bet the stadium is much better with the roof open too, but with it closed, it doesn't look good.

That glass needs to be there for air-conditioning purposes. Without it, the roof would be an umbrella like Seattle, but the humiditiy would get trapped in there and would SUCK. Trust me.

Will the roof be open at all really? Seems to me that most of these retractable roofs don't actually get retracted much, and if the heat and humidity are so bad, they might as well put padlocks on the damn thing and keep it closed, which would really ruin the thing for me because, like others said, it's so dark in there despite the glass wall.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Will the roof be open at all really? Seems to me that most of these retractable roofs don't actually get retracted much, and if the heat and humidity are so bad, they might as well put padlocks on the damn thing and keep it closed, which would really ruin the thing for me because, like others said, it's so dark in there despite the glass wall.

I've read that the roof will be closed for 70 of the 81 games. I agree, is the extra cost to make it retractable really necessary for 11 games?

I've read that the roof will be closed for 70 of the 81 games. I agree, is the extra cost to make it retractable really necessary for 11 games?

Not really.

If you can't open the roof for an April 1st game...then there doesn't seem to be much logic in having a retractable one.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not really.

If you can't open the roof for an April 1st game...then there doesn't seem to be much logic in having a retractable one.

I think it's quite silly really. They just played about two decades of baseball at the open air Dolphins Stadium. So now they think the maximum heat they can endur is 11 outdoor games? Come on...

Miller Park is Definetly open more than it is closed. Early in the season and late september and October it's closed more than open because of te weather in Wisconsin, but all summer it's rarely closed besides for the occasional storm

Miller Park is Definetly open more than it is closed. Early in the season and late september and October it's closed more than open because of te weather in Wisconsin, but all summer it's rarely closed besides for the occasional storm

Although April 1st is one of the days when it would likely be closed - early spring can be brutal in Wisconsin.

Although April 1st is one of the days when it would likely be closed - early spring can be brutal in Wisconsin.

Tell me about it I've lived there my whole life lol

Yeah, wow, that thing is pretty dark in the corners there. For all the Bright Happy Fun Miami Party touches they're going with, in the grand scheme of things the whole thing is kind of shadowy and dismal.

Well, a couple things about that.

First off, the builders of Marlins Park are aiming for it to be LEED Silver Certified, meaning they had to take measures to reduce energy consumption. That's probably why there aren't wasteful unnecessary lights all over the place.

Secondly, black is their primary color. As you said, they were going for Bright Happy Fun Party touches - not as an emphasis. As such, an overall shadowy appearance isn't such a bad thing for a team with a primarily black identity. I find it kind of calming. There is such a thing as too bright, too.

Overall, I like the stadium a lot. The outfield windows are a nice (and seemingly unique?) touch. It's the uniforms that I'm still not totally set on.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Not really.

I think it's quite silly really. They just played about two decades of baseball at the open air Dolphins Stadium. So now they think the maximum heat they can endur is 11 outdoor games? Come on...

I agree completely. went to the game yesterday and it felt like the entire game was being played at 7:30pm. the windows out in CF are tinted. they just need to get rid of the tint.

I also agree with it feels like an arena turned into a baseball stadium with the roof on.

if you're at the park itself, the colors all work fine together. can't wait to see how it looks on TV on Wednesday.

Archived