New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Why was the roof closed? Yet another airplane hanger...

I do like the orange and the hat, just wish the script would get cleaned up.

Marlins are going to open the roof when the Humidity isn't crazy high or it's not going to rain. Supposedly 10-20 times a year.

To another poster, the glass does open in LF even with the roof closed, but it creates a windtunnel effect that hanley said would allow him to hit 150 HR's this year.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First off, the builders of Marlins Park are aiming for it to be LEED Silver Certified, meaning they had to take measures to reduce energy consumption. That's probably why there aren't wasteful unnecessary lights all over the place.

And that's good. It's just that it seemed like it was designed to be bright, open, and airy, but then with the roof closed it ends up being as dark and gloomy as the Trop. The exterior and concourse look great, and the park looks great with the roof open, but there are just too many shadowy corners.

Overall, I like the stadium a lot. The outfield windows are a nice (and seemingly unique?) touch.

Milwaukee and Arizona have outfield windows.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

To clarify, the president of the Marlins said during the game yesterday that with the WINDOWS CLOSED and the ROOF OPEN is when the balls would absolutely fly out of there (per Hanley). He also said that it would be a complete pitchers park with the windows open in any configuration of the roof.

Why was the roof closed? Yet another airplane hanger...

I do like the orange and the hat, just wish the script would get cleaned up.

Marlins are going to open the roof when the Humidity isn't crazy high or it's not going to rain. Supposedly 10-20 times a year.

To another poster, the glass does open in LF even with the roof closed, but it creates a windtunnel effect that hanley said would allow him to hit 150 HR's this year.

I'm afraid the orange cap will become a collector's item within a relatively short amount of time (maybe like the Orioles' white panel caps). Don't get me wrong, I would like to see them regularly used, as I have ordered one for myself, but the cynic in me is coming out and I'm not expecting much much usage out of that cap.

As a sidenote, I tried the orange caps with the home whites on MLB the Show and it actually didn't look as good as I had expected. Not sure how I feel about them with the black jerseys (does anyone know if those will be worn at home at all?), but they need to wear them with the orange alts at the very least.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Black jersey with the orange caps tonight! I'm guessing there is no "right" way to match jersey and cap with this team. We will probably see both caps with all 4 jerseys multiple times this year.

Edit: With orange batting helmets too! I'm sure this has been released already, but it was a surprise to me.

Black jersey with the orange caps tonight! I'm guessing there is no "right" way to match jersey and cap with this team. We will probably see both caps with all 4 jerseys multiple times this year.

Edit: With orange batting helmets too! I'm sure this has been released already, but it was a surprise to me.

Actually orange helmets were never mentioned or shown before tonight.

I almost had a heart attack from sheer joy when I saw it. Matching helmets are the best.

I'm an idiot. I thought this was the MLB and Logo changes thread. Sorry...

^And orange cap + black jersey = star_empty.gifstar_empty.gifstar_empty.gifstar_empty.gifstar_empty.gif

Now, if they went all light blue and black with something based on this, they might have a decent identity. But rainbow = vomit and black/orange = Giants/Orioles.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived