New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind the city name on both. I'm not sure why that's such a big deal - nicknames these days are more for marketing purposes and gimmicks than anything. I think it's truer to the history of the game when the teams just represented cities and the nicknames were unofficial tags applied by sports writers or fans.

The black bothers me though. I like the gray and the orange, but the black just seems too drab. That, the A, and the number font really need to be fixed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I actually disagree with the concept of having 4 caps for all the team's colours. There would be zero uniformity and their look would be all over the place. Plus, I can't imagine carrying around 2 extra caps would be convenient.

I think it was suggested when these were first released that they may have been forced to put "Miami" on the home for the same reasons they had to change their name to "Miami".

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

0N861.png

KgZYt.png

Those are the only tweaks I'd make to the Marlins' look.

That actually doesn't look half bad. Mind you, it's pretty difficult to make the Marlins look decent without creating anything new.

Ditto. The flat A still looks weird, though.

spacer.png

0N861.png

KgZYt.png

That actually doesn't look half bad. Mind you, it's pretty difficult to make the Marlins look decent without creating anything new.

Can we see that version of the home with orange socks too.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

0N861.png

KgZYt.png

Can we see that version of the home with orange socks too.

Yeah if you're going orange cap, the belts and socks should be orange as well. I've done some tweaking on their uniforms and that orange cap with the whites despite the white M on the cap with the black lettering on the jersey doesn't look bad at all. But they'd need the orange accessories. Which wouldn't be hard; belts and socks, and undershirts I guess, but I think some already wear orange undershirt.

You wouldn't fix the goofy-ass serif numbers considering the scripts are in one of the most standard sans-serif typefaces (or at least one that looks for all the world to be good old Century Gothic)?

But good job putting the fish back on the M. I did the same thing for my Rainbow Marlins tweak, which I was just about to post!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

After seeing them live, they are still the second worst look in the league next to the Rays.

Congrats state of FL, your team uni/logo failures are tremendous across many sports.

2ly2w09.jpg

After seeing them live, they are still the second worst look in the league next to the Rays.

Congrats state of FL, your team uni/logo failures are tremendous across many sports.

Disagree. While the Rays look is very generic and boring (much like the Padres) it is not necessarily a bad look. The Marlins just look bad.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Disagree. While the Rays look is very generic and boring (much like the Padres) it is not necessarily a bad look. The Marlins just look bad.

Ditto. I honestly don't hate the Rays look at all. I like the double blue. It's probably my favorite color scheme next to red and blue.

Ditto. I honestly don't hate the Rays look at all. I like the double blue. It's probably my favorite color scheme next to red and blue.

Add another one. While it's arguably the worst look the Rays have had (I for one think the rainbow gradient is the worst, but to each his own), it's still not a bad look. It's classy. The only thing that annoys me about it is the team name on the road uniform.

spacer.png

The Rays' uniforms are an abomination. The script would make sense for Ray's Bar and Grill, not the Tampa Bay Rays. The color scheme is ripped straight out of the tedious mid-2000's double blue trend. The uniforms themselves are really bland, focused on navy when seemingly half the league uses navy. To top it all off, they don't even use the city name on the road. You might not like the Marlins' identity, but at least they have one. The Rays look like a generic softball team from a movie.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Rays' uniforms are an abomination. The script would make sense for Ray's Bar and Grill, not the Tampa Bay Rays. The color scheme is ripped straight out of the tedious mid-2000's double blue trend. The uniforms themselves are really bland, focused on navy when seemingly half the league uses navy. To top it all off, they don't even use the city name on the road. You might not like the Marlins' identity, but at least they have one. The Rays look like a generic softball team from a movie.

Not trying to Tamjack this thread, but...

The gradient set might be one of my favorite baseball sets of all time, and the 2001-2007 set was great and could have worked with the name change. The homes said "Rays", and they had the devil ray as a patch, just like they do now. The black, blue, and green set would be tons better than what they have.

If they're sticking with the current colors for long, they need to add some yellow to the hat and change the roads so they say Tampa Bay.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Other than changing the roads to say Tampa Bay and the numbers on the navy jersey to white, the Rays look is great. The simplicity of it is especially now a nice contrast to the Marlins. Nice to have both avenues of design in Florida instead of one or the other.

And the black, I've found, has been great for Miami because the colors just pop so much off the black. I like them using orange caps and jerseys and such, but the black does work well too.

Dark green and light blue could salvage the Rays' boring look. Putting the glimmer on the TB was another idea of mine, just so it's not "I typed a T and B in Georgia"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived