New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

I was a pretty big fan of the Marlins logo and uniforms when they came out. But the more I see them on TV, the more I'm starting to dislike them. I honestly cannot say why, but there's just something about them on the field that seems off. Am I the only one feeling this way?

I just don't like the giant cap logo.

Manchester-City-icon.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a pretty big fan of the Marlins logo and uniforms when they came out. But the more I see them on TV, the more I'm starting to dislike them. I honestly cannot say why, but there's just something about them on the field that seems off. Am I the only one feeling this way?

To me its the green walls of the stadium, the uniforms and all that green just seems to clash.

True2OB.png

wtzi9v.jpg

I, of course, think the old logo was miles better, but there is something very interesting about the full marlin in the middle of this line.

Tron cycles humping. Heh.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I agree, probably because black and orange are a bit overdone. They need the blue hats that Tubby34 has.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I agree, probably because black and orange are a bit overdone. They need the blue hats that Tubby34 has.

Maybe that is it. Adding the blue that is already on the "M" and the abstract marlin on their logo would help their uniforms.

wtzi9v.jpg

1) Ah, you will be missed teal.

2) Not great but not bad actually. It has potential. I think it would look great on a cap.

3) It just looks like there should be more than an "m" there. If you're going to be abstract like that, at least have a purpose. It looks like an "h" and an "n" could form to make an "M", but what sense does that make? There isn't even a Marlin there.

4) Wow, I love that logo a lot. That's what I was thinking the logo would be when we were all still speculating the rumors. It make not be very "Marlin-like", it does look like a Neon Tetra, but it's very nice.

5) Mariners "Trident M logo" gone bad.

6) Microsoft?

7) 1990's version of their current logo.

8) Ugly as ****

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

That second from the left logo reminds me of something transportation based. Like I would see it on an airplane, or the side of an 18 wheeler.

They all look like they were trying to design a logo for a mall or a transit system. Only the full-bodied marlin in the middle looks decent for a team logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That second from the left logo reminds me of something transportation based. Like I would see it on an airplane, or the side of an 18 wheeler.

They all look like they were trying to design a logo for a mall or a transit system. Only the full-bodied marlin in the middle looks decent for a team logo.

YES.

Something had been bugging me about most of those, but I couldn't place what. You've nailed it, they all look like they should be on the side of buses.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

i caught the orange socks on a game break during the mets game, and they jumped right off the screen. very sharp. i agree with the last two posters: orange hat and socks at home. personally, i don't think there's any use for the black hat, but that's probably just me.

sig2024.png

i caught the orange socks on a game break during the mets game, and they jumped right off the screen. very sharp. i agree with the last two posters: orange hat and socks at home. personally, i don't think there's any use for the black hat, but that's probably just me.

It's the only cap that goes with the road uniform and black jerseys.

It's the only cap that goes with the road uniform and black jerseys.

let me rephrase that: i don't think there's really any reason to include black in a color scheme that's meant to be colorful, playful and bright. that's really my only criticism of the entire set (with the exception of the gigantic cap logo).

so, if it were up to me, i'd ditch the black alt, too.

sig2024.png

Archived