New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Conceptually, yay.

In practice, nay. The Marlins can (and should) wear orange prominently in their home sets. But whereas the other black/orange teams are clearly black or orange home and road, I like the Marlins being an orange-home and black-road team, for balance purposes.

I know, black is dreary, etc. etc. etc. Won't change my opinion.

spacer.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While trying out my new template, I decided to give the road greys the all-Orange look, so.......

roadorange.png

Yey, or Ney??

Yey. The orange actually goes very well with the grey. The white on the script and hat also mix well. This is a definite win.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

While trying out my new template, I decided to give the road greys the all-Orange look, so.......

roadorange.png

Yey, or Ney??

WOW! This is such an improvement. This set would go from atrocious to awesome if they simply did this.

Isn't the orange cap designated the road cap anyway?

roadorange.png

Yey, or Ney??

WOW! This is such an improvement. This set would go from atrocious to awesome if they simply did this.

No, the black cap is the designated home and road cap. The orange is designated as a home alternate.

roadorange.png

Yey, or Ney??

Yey. The orange actually goes very well with the grey. The white on the script and hat also mix well. This is a definite win.

Holy crap that is actually very nice! I'd go with that, then again since when has Loria made any sense in uniforms?

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

maybe they should take the black cap and use it as the home alternate.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

roadorange.png

Yey, or Ney??

No, the black cap is the designated home and road cap. The orange is designated as a home alternate.

According to the style guide you are correct, but according to MLB shops website, the Orange hat is listed as the road. I tend to trust the style guide more. MLB shop is funny.

Marlins will be wearing the black hats with the orange jerseys today.

They have been pretty consistent with the orange as the Sunday home alt. still waiting to see it worn on field with the orange alt. Alot of fans like the orange on orange combo and can be seen wearing them in the stands alot.

• 4 months later...

Hello! I love boards.sportslogos.net and glad to be here.

HELLO! What a conicidence. I was looking forward to your reply here at board.sportslogos.net/topic/7719-new-marlins-uniforms / page_st_2920

Did you know Charmin is the softest of all the Boards.sportslogos.net brands?

You know you can't be a hunter withut the hunting (OLD ADAGE)

TEEEEPEEEEEE FOR MY BUNGHOLE!!!

see mi at mai syighte- www.TheGreatCornholio.com

Cornholio.jpg

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

roadorange.png

Yey, or Ney??

Yey. The orange actually goes very well with the

grey. The white on the script and hat also mix well. This is a definite win.

Holy crap that is actually very nice! I'd go with that, then again since when has Loria made any sense in uniforms?

Just seeing this thread after spambot showed up in here...

I'd be find with black accessories at home, orange on the road.

Black and white pop with contrast, black and gray looks drab. Orange and gray would be nice. And not a combo I can recall seeing.

• 7 months later...

I'm still wondering if any minimal changes will be made to the Marlins set. Everyone on here for the most part hates the road jersey with the white script but I think it looks awesome in action.

I just really want them to wear the orange hat more.

I like the white lettering on the gray jersey, just don't get to see it enough to fairly judge.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm still wondering if any minimal changes will be made to the Marlins set. Everyone on here for the most part hates the road jersey with the white script but I think it looks awesome in action.

I just really want them to wear the orange hat more.

I like the white lettering on the gray jersey, just don't get to see it enough to fairly judge.

I agree. The white text on the road unis is a nice change.

Now if only the Fish would use the orange accessories with the home whites we'd be set.

Have the Rays worn the new alternate BP caps in a game yet? I know they've been wearing the regular BP so much lately that it's not even referred to as a BP cap anymore. The new light blue one would look great with the Sunday home alts.

EDIT: wrong thread

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

There's a good article in SBJ about the design process for the uniforms. The Marlins originally wanted a more abstract Marlins resembling the Nike swoosh and 7 primary colors. A focus group forced them to tone down the number of colors. The initial design went through 29 variations. It has a few early drafts too.

Do you have a link to that article? I'd like to read it.

I'd love to see all the early variations of this stuff before the final product was selected.

Archived