New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

What's wrong with being classy while not necessary being "classic"? Just because it's not old, does it need to be gaudy and/or ill-designed?

That thing... that thing's a joke, and a bad one at that. I mean, could that fish look any more... gah, I don't even know how to describe it, it's so ridiculous. It's like a caricature.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Doh-de-doh. I'm a fish. I'm gonna jump high. Doh-de-doh. My mom says I'm special. Doh-de-doh. My best friend is a tree. Doh-de-doh. My shoes are green. Doh-de-doh. I like dirt. Doh-de-doh. I like.., ooooh, shiny."

"Oh, look. What's that thing. Gr-ound. I'll call it ground. I wonder if it will be my friend."

I love it. A Douglas Adams reference.

Look at it... just mocking us...

Marlins_20120203_20.jpg

"Doh-de-doh. I'm a fish. I'm gonna jump high. Doh-de-doh. My mom says I'm special. Doh-de-doh. My best friend is a tree. Doh-de-doh. My shoes are green. Doh-de-doh. I like dirt. Doh-de-doh. I like.., ooooh, shiny."

POTD?

I've liked this thing ever since I saw the conceptual animation. Not everything in sports needs to be mean and intimidating and Under Armour-ized. There should always be a place for artistic expression in a stadium.

I completely agree. I really don't understand why so many people think every baseball franchise needs to have some kind of "classic" look like the Yankees. The Marlins are not a classic team, they were founded in 1993. They shouldn't pretend to be a team that has been around for nearly a century. They should have their own identity, and this certainly helps with that.

Agree, but did they have to make it look like some mentally challenged fish off of an Adult Swim cartoon? It looks like he actually believes he is flying.

"Oh, look. What's that thing. Gr-ound. I'll call it ground. I wonder if it will be my friend."

I love it. A Douglas Adams reference.

"Oh no, not again."

• 2 weeks later...

I worry about you kids.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived