NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the time frame that these jerseys were produced in, and that most identity designs take up to 18 months to finalize, I have no idea what any of you expect.

Then again, I know that most of the boards are notoriously hard to please, and so most of you would have had the same reaction no matter what.

They aren't outlandish or garish. They are classy and understated. Boring? a bit. But I'll take boring over Oregon any day.

They're good, solid jerseys. Not perfect, but good and solid. No complaints.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Those look really nice. Considering some of the other crap that goes on in the NHL these days uniform-wise, they could be so much worse, but they're not.

the only thing i really like about this is the sleeve stripes on the blue jersey. reminds me of my favorite stars jerseys of all time (the 70's double stripes).

other than that, the white jersey is ugly and the waist stripes on the blue jersey don't match the sleeves, which looks weird to me.

i actually like the logo, and always have... i just feel like these uniforms are trying to do too much, but stay simple. and they didn't do a good job of either. too many varying striping patterns and a 2-tone blue that just doesn't translate as well in practice as it does in theory.

The italic numbers don't work against such a straightforward, static logo as the roundel. The Hurricanes' and Predators' respective logos seem to have motion or slant to them, so italics work there. Not so much here.

I like the overlapping arm stripes. That's a novelty I didn't think I'd see anyone use. I like the use of the shoulder stripes as an oblique callback to the '80s uniforms.

The colors work fairly well, but there needs to be some red in there to break up the blue/grey malaise and incorporate the leaf from the logo. I don't care if red gives Mark Chipman seizures or whatever; it has to be incorporated. Not just because the Jets have forever been a blue/red team but because it's crying out for that contrast here.

You can't really see it in these pictures, but the secondary remains an awful logo, so I'm gonna say it again.

Overall, C to C-. They do in fact look like a professional team--get outta here with this Kootenay Ice crap--but they're a professional team with glaring, although curable, design flaws. Let's be frank, they look like the Blue Jackets. Still, there were a lot of ways this team could've looked worse for 2012. For example, they could be dressed as the Atlanta Thrashers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As with the logo, I quite like them, considering the limited time frame they had to hastily cobble the whole identity together. The white jersey striping might take some getting used to.

The one thing that made me smile - with no disrespect to the concept's designer, it looked pretty decent - was that it does not resemble the knockoff uniform whatsoever. I'm imagining a resounding "OH SHI-" from somewhere in China.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Considering the time frame that these jerseys were produced in, and that most identity designs take up to 18 months to finalize, I have no idea what any of you expect.

And it only takes two seconds to say "hey, this needs a little bit of red trim to go along with the logo, even if in the slightest quantity". The lack of it anywhere but the logo is the ONE problem I have with the set.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The Blue Jackets should wear their alternates when they play the Jets at home in the preseason just so we can set the record for least colorful hockey game.

Whenever the Leafs and Lightning play each other this year, they'll take that prize.

Anyway, The home shirt is actually pretty nice. The road one could really do without the horizontal stripes on the sleeves. But in the end, these are pretty decent uniforms. Could've been a lot worse.

oBIgzrL.png

i really am surprised that i'm the only one who seems to be annoyed by all the striping inconsistencies on here, not just from sweater to sweater, but from sleeves to waist... maybe i'm more OCD than the average uniform nerd.

also, is that a drawstring collar? with blue drawstrings on the blue jersey, and white drawstrings on the white jersey? if so, that's pretty unique and i don't think i've ever seen a tie-up that didn't try to go with either solid white on all jerseys, or the contrasting color to really make it stand out and scream "look at how vintage i am!"

pretty unique to see it sort of blend into the scenery.

And it only takes two seconds to say "hey, this needs a little bit of red trim to go along with the logo, even if in the slightest quantity". The lack of it anywhere but the logo is the ONE problem I have with the set.

Almost from the beginning, they said that red would be limited to the logos.

Personally, I like that choice. There's no need for every single accent color in the logo to get its own jersey stripe. Red is like green in the Blackhawks' uniforms - an important accent, but not a featured team color.

How does releasing it this late and then not releasing it to the public for another month curb counterfeiters?

Won't the counterfeiters jump on this new design and get them out to impatient Winnipegites who can't wait until October/don't know better?

and just because I forgot to make this joke before: If you don't like them you can blame Andrew Ladd. Worst captain in the NHL.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived