NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I think it may just be the fact that the wraparound stripes are that light blue. My eye just goes straight to them and that's all I see. I forget about the sleeve striping altogether. But my eye doesn't go right for the arm stripes on the home jersey. It's got to be the colour and/or the contrasting colours that are making me hesitate on whether I like it or not.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red is like green in the Blackhawks' uniforms - an important accent, but not a featured team color.

It is here, but it shouldn't be. I would not have done that. Red/black/white make a striking enough color combination that to incorporate every single Indian head color would get in the way. I don't think the same can be said for sprucing up navy/royal/silver with some red, especially when the Jets have a 24-year legacy of wearing blue and red.

For the sake of consistency, what if the darks had light blue shoulder stripes with silver-trimmed white armbands? That could look good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Considering the time frame that these jerseys were produced in, and that most identity designs take up to 18 months to finalize, I have no idea what any of you expect.

And it only takes two seconds to say "hey, this needs a little bit of red trim to go along with the logo, even if in the slightest quantity". The lack of it anywhere but the logo is the ONE problem I have with the set.

Almost from the beginning, they said that red would be limited to the logos.

Personally, I like that choice. There's no need for every single accent color in the logo to get its own jersey stripe. Red is like green in the Blackhawks' uniforms - an important accent, but not a featured team color.

Yes, I'm well aware of what they've said from the beginning. It's still a poor decision in my eyes.

And though you bring up good points about the Blackhawks, the Jets are an entirely different situation.

1) The maple leaf is a much more prominent element in the Jets' logo than the green feather is to the Hawks. When I see the Hawks' logo on thier sweater, I'm not distracted by that green feather because to me at least, it's a minor element. When I see the Jets' logo on thier sweaters, though, all I can think is "OMG Random splotch of red!" - that being the leaf, of course. It's such a prominent element that it draws attention, and when no part of the uniform doesn't even do so much as aknowledge red, it leaves the whole set seemingly disconnected.

2) Where Winnipeg had historically been a blue and red team, a little red trim would have been a nice touch to at least connect the eras. Now, I'm not talking full-on stripes or anything, but even just the slightest, narrow trim on numbers, stripes, whatever. Even the littlest bit would've saved it.

As I said in an earlier post, I don't hate these at all. There's just little things that would have really helped the set (and wouldn't have taken that much time) that they unfortunately didn't capitalize on.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Solid, if unspectacular... I don't mind the overall look, logo included... A bit boring, mostly due to the colours. The road arm band/stripe combo thingy is a bit weird - I'll wait to see it on the ice to make a final judgement.

I'll echo others -- this could very easily have been so much worse, so with that in mind, I'm happy with these.

I'm not bothered at all by the red being only on the leaf. Really, it's comparable to the leaf on the old Blue Jays unis. I don't see it as a big, featured color, even on the logo. I've always hated different templates for home and road, so the lack of yoke/vertical stripe down the home arms does bug me. All in all though, a great look...even if the knockoffs were better.

I'm not bothered at all by the red being only on the leaf. Really, it's comparable to the leaf on the old Blue Jays unis. I don't see it as a big, featured color, even on the logo. I've always hated different templates for home and road, so the lack of yoke/vertical stripe down the home arms does bug me. All in all though, a great look...even if the knockoffs were better.

It's sort of reminiscent of how the Nordiques uniforms featured red prominently in the logo, but nowhere else on the uniform (except they eventually outlined the numbers in the red). I'm okay with that part of the uniforms. Just because there's a color in your logo doesn't mean it has to be featured elsewhere.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Another pic, more up close

312492_10150282828743951_61698633950_8159075_6606750_n.jpg

See, this is what I've been saying. EVERY OTHER NHL TEAM TAKE NOTE. If the hem stripes follow the contours of the hem, the shirt tale effect disappears wgen worn by a player or person. If you keep your hem stripes straight (Bruins, Leafs, Philadelphia, New York (both) ect, ect.) the shirt tale effect is excentuated and looks terrible!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I like these. I'm glad to see the racing stripe return to the road jerseys. I really like the number font; it really looks modern without detracting from the overall look. While I'm not a huge fan of the dual-blue as opposed to blue/red, as too many teams still use it, it stands out from the rest for a change, as the silver helps out.

I have a feeling that these will look really good in action, and we may see a red 3rd jersey in a few years.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

By limiting the red to the logos they mimic the RCAF dress uniform. Which is a nice continuation of the trend started with the logos.

I LOVE the overlapping stripes on the roads. It's unique, but not garish or modern for the sake of "pushing the envelope." It's just a nice, clean design element that the Jets can make their own. I don't like the blue homes as much, but it's a solid sweater.

Given the time frame Reebok had to design these, they could have been worse.

And while the colour scheme makes them look like the Blue Jackets' alternates, red would have made them look like the Blue Jackets' primary set.

Another pic, more up close

312492_10150282828743951_61698633950_8159075_6606750_n.jpg

See, this is what I've been saying. EVERY OTHER NHL TEAM TAKE NOTE. If the hem stripes follow the contours of the hem, the shirt tale effect disappears wgen worn by a player or person. If you keep your hem stripes straight (Bruins, Leafs, Philadelphia, New York (both) ect, ect.) the shirt tale effect is excentuated and looks terrible!!!

Or Reebok could just get rid of the scooped hemlines all together.

Archived