NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not so sure about that. I loved the ones last year, and I should like this year's one. But the striping pattern doesn't work. With anything in design, it looks better when the darker color is the outline/separating stripe. Seriously, look at any logo. But going Y/R/N/R/Y just looks bad. Last year's stripes looked better Y/N/R/N/Y.

I think the Panthers new home jersey is absolutely hideous. The red is eye-searingly bright, the blue directly on the red looks terrible, and the template (which I actually like), looked much better with blue as the main color. I was very excited for the return to red, but they blew that opportunity in the worst way possible

Manchester-City-icon.png

At first I HATED the Jets' idea of stripes going over the blue on their arms. Then I realized that if they didn't, they'd just be filling in the RBK template with no creativity or originality, a la Edmonton's and Florida's stripes that don't go all the way around.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yeah I know it's fake but I posted it cause I think it's a really nice fake.

You felt that it was a "really nice" fake, yet captioned the pic "dum dum dum"?

It's pretty clearly a counterfeit, probably based of of someone's concept, just like the Flyers-Quakers jersey that is all over the place now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Panthers new threads in action:

65450753.jpg

65443526-16081844.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Good... but not good enough. Needs more white.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Adding some white to the striping and adding hem stripes would have gone a long way here. As it stands, it's just a mess of a different color.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Adding some white to the striping and adding hem stripes would have gone a long way here. As it stands, it's just a mess of a different color.

Exactly, which is why I thought this was a better idea:

AZyYZ7tCMAAoC-c.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Yep, that's way better. Good work.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Exactly, which is why I thought this was a better idea:

AZyYZ7tCMAAoC-c.png

Make those hem stripes follow the contour of the hem and you have a winner!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

The Cats red is not perfect by any means, but it has grown on me. It looks A LOT better on the ice then it does when we saw it first unveiled without pads and the rest of the uniform.

The fact that it's red and not that stupid double blue alternate makes it a winner in my book.

I really wish the Hurricanes would quietly drop the phantom shoulder yokes. They do nothing to enhance the original, cup winning look. As for the Black thirds, I could do without them. They are beginning to look really dated with those filmstrip hem stripes and bizarre monochrome shoulder patches.

I really wish the Hurricanes would quietly drop the phantom shoulder yokes. They do nothing to enhance the original, cup winning look. As for the Black thirds, I could do without them. They are beginning to look really dated with those filmstrip hem stripes and bizarre monochrome shoulder patches.

I'd like to see them use proper hurricane flags along the hem, or even go with straight red and gray stripes instead, replicating what's on the sleeves. I love the rest of the look, though, including the shoulder patches. Those look fantastic on the authentics.

Archived