NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

You are categorically wrong there CreamSoda. I know the guy, have for years. He's not out there for self promotion.

I like reading info from different sources. As has been proven many times these things change so frequently in the process that who's right can depend on the day. The few things I have been able to pass along in my time I do so because I know you folks are interested, not because I care if you know menor not. This most recent Lightning third jersey thing, I was 110% convinced the NHL store mockup was correct based on what I have seen. I was wrong, who cares. Adds to the speculation, it's fun.

Oh please... maybe that is how it was in the beginning but not anymore. He tries to act like he breaks every news piece and new design/logo...

He censores his comment sections and always promotes himself, and his work. Its a joke.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wish the comments were open again.

Anything I post seems to fail to get posted or takes so long that it's no longer relevant by the time it is posted. Major censorship, especially if you're trying to correct something. That's why I've stopped posting there, and even though I've followed him since the early NHLToL days, I'd like to see a new blog get to the forefront of this topic.

Oh, and the concept sections have gone way downhill. It seems to be the same few users each time, and the quality is usually nothing compared to what we see around here.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

You are categorically wrong there CreamSoda. I know the guy, have for years. He's not out there for self promotion.

I like reading info from different sources. As has been proven many times these things change so frequently in the process that who's right can depend on the day. The few things I have been able to pass along in my time I do so because I know you folks are interested, not because I care if you know menor not. This most recent Lightning third jersey thing, I was 110% convinced the NHL store mockup was correct based on what I have seen. I was wrong, who cares. Adds to the speculation, it's fun.

Oh please... maybe that is how it was in the beginning but not anymore. He tries to act like he breaks every news piece and new design/logo...

He censores his comment sections and always promotes himself, and his work. Its a joke.

If you had a website, would you promote your work on it?

Not quite sure why you hate on Chris or Icethetics so much. He's pretty much a one stop shop for all changes and rumors in NA hockey uniform changes. From starting a blog as a hobby to being featured some of the places he has is a pretty neat story.

I'm perplexed as to how anyone on these boards could hate on Icethetics. Like this site, it provides a valuable resource for people interested in sports logos, in this case hockey. It's news stories are timely and the presentation is immaculate. Best of all Chris doesn't subject us to elitist, condescending opinions on every blog post. *ahem uniwatch*

oh lord. lets inflate the ego of icethetics even more, why don't we.

Really?

I agree wholeheartedly. I have dealt with both Chris and Paul on seperate occasions, just minimal emailing. But even from a perspective of someone who just reads each site. Paul Lukas defines tool and douchebag to a T. He just does. I love the idea of the site and the information for us uni/logo guys. But he's really an ass. Chris has always come across really cool and always a nice guy.

He isn't claiming to be some diety or anything like Lukas comes across like. I really like Icethetics.

2ly2w09.jpg

From the email-only dealings I've had with Chris, He's been a pretty nice guy. I only provided him with some amusement concepts with bad designing, but he was nice about them, and even getting a laugh out of them. I can't speak for him in person, but he admits his mistakes and always seems to cite his sources, so I like him. Love his site. It's what got me interested in all of this

Manchester-City-icon.png

I have not had anything but positive interactions with Paul, via e-mail and once in person. Anyone who reads me on here knows that my opinions generally don't fall in line with his (that's an understatement) yet I've never once gotten even a hint of the negative traits that you guys seem to throw out there. Not sure if it's an age thing or what.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have not had anything but positive interactions with Paul, via e-mail and once in person. Anyone who reads me on here knows that my opinions generally don't fall in line with his (that's an understatement) yet I've never once gotten even a hint of the negative traits that you guys seem to throw out there. Not sure if it's an age thing or what.

His site is full of his negative, pompous, I'm right and better than you, attitude he gives off.

Dude is a giant douche. Really isn't much else to say.

2ly2w09.jpg

His site is full of his negative, pompous, I'm right and better than you, attitude he gives off.

Dude is a giant douche. Really isn't much else to say.

I know Paul fairly well. Had dinner with him, many emails and phone conversations...I like him.

He and I don't see eye-to-eye on much in the way of sports uniforms/logos, or (I'm guessing here to be honest) in the realm of politics and religion, but I respect him greatly.

looking at sheldon souray on the stars bench tonight, i've decided that helmet numbers look pretty decent on the old CCM helmet model. sort of a weird retro/modern mixture.

now if only we could get our helmet numbers to match our jersey numbers.

New topic to look into: Whose helmet numbers don't match the numbers on the jerseys they're wearing?

Of course teams who use helmets that are a different color than their jersey (Montreal, Chicago, New Jersey as examples) will be slightly different, but I'm talking like Carolina and how their black thirds have red numbers outlined in white while their black helmets appear to use the same white numbers outlined in black that they use on their red helmets. Any other examples?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Are numbers on the front of jerseys really necessary not that they are on the helmets. San Jose already has enough going on, on their jerseys right now anyways. Putting any kind of patch of the front of SJ's jersey, just makes it look like a mess. At least NYR and Buffalo can put patches on their shoulders.

It seemed like the decision to add front numbers to the helmets was kind of last-minute, so hopefully the Sabres and Sharks will scrap their front numbers for 2012-13. God, to think that was going to be a league-mandated thing at one point.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Bruins are wearing black numbers on both black and white helmets.

They've always had black numbers on the BACK of their black helmets, so they just duplicated them on the front.

large_0698884e5fa74182a7dbbcdfba3f30e1.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Jonas Hiller's mask designer (Alec Voggel) unveiled Hiller's mask for the month of November. Like many players around the NHL, Hiller will be participating in Mo-vember, but with his mask. While I'm disappointed that his Darth Hiller mask will be shelved for a little while, this mask is hilarious and being worn for a good cause.

Yes, what you see here is the complete opposite of Hiller’s most recent black matted mask. With a white matted base, this design has black and white photos of all the Anaheim Ducks players scattered around it…and they all have their own unique moustaches. There’s one on Teemu Selanne, Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, Bobby Ryan, George Parros, Dan Ellis, and yes, even Hiller himself.

On the mask’s backplate (see bottom), the comical undertone of this design continues. Hiller is in his stance, with his mask up and turned to the side, and his goofy face is – you guessed it – adorned with a moustache. The design also includes the “D” logo right on the forehead and bottom right side, then the Swiss flag on the bottom left side. The chin drop has the word “Movember” and a moustache in gold-leaf as well.

LINK

hillermomask01.jpg

hillermomask03.jpg

hillermomask04.jpg

hillermomask05.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wow that looks great. Does anyone know why he switched to the all black mask? His mask before that switch was a work of art.

I'm going to take a guess, it's the same reason some race drivers don't paint their helmets, weight issues. He probably was using an unpainted mask while his painted one got worked on during practice and noticed the difference in weight and preferred the lighter non-painted weight. That's just a guess.

Archived