NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rangers finally have their home opener tonight, and they're in their regular home uniforms, not the "heritage" ones, which wouldn't bat an eye, except that they're hosting the Leafs, and they only wear those jerseys vs. Original Six teams or on Sundays. Is that just for opening night or is it just an alternate in the sense that they'll just wear it whenever at this point?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Anyone know if the Capitals are working on a blue alternate with the W Eagle? I figured having a player that sells a ton of jerseys (Ovie) would be enough of a reason to do it for $$, let alone the fact that it has potential to be a great uni.

They should use the W Eagle as the primary on new Home and Away jerseys. The Capitals got a pass with their Edge jerseys because there were many far worse designs. Now that sanity is slowly being restored, the Capitals jerseys look like a dated product of an experiment gone wrong,

Keep the colours, keep red as the primary and replace the futuristic striping with something more traditional and restrained.

They should use the W Eagle as the primary on new Home and Away jerseys. The Capitals got a pass with their Edge jerseys because there were many far worse designs. Now that sanity is slowly being restored, the Capitals jerseys look like a dated product of an experiment gone wrong,

......replace the futuristic striping with something more traditional and restrained.

Disagree.

......replace the futuristic striping with something more traditional and restrained.

Disagree.

I disagree with your disagreeing.

The Caps are using the white throwback from the last Winter Classic as an alt this season, and will be worn during select AWAY games.

fixed it

The Third jersey for the Capitals:

• Saturday, Nov. 26 at Buffalo Sabres
  • Friday, Dec. 23 at New Jersey Devils
  • Wednesday, Jan. 18 at Montreal Canadiens
  • Friday, Jan. 20 at Carolina Hurricanes
  • Sunday, Jan. 22 at Pittsburgh Penguins
  • Saturday, Feb. 4 at Montreal Canadiens
  • Sunday, Feb. 12 at New York Rangers
  • Monday, Feb. 20 at Carolina Hurricanes
  • Saturday, Feb. 25 at Toronto Maple Leafs
  • Saturday, March 10 at Boston Bruins
  • Friday, March 16 at Winnipeg Jets
  • Sunday, March 18 at Chicago Blackhawks
  • Monday, March 19 at Detroit Red Wings
  • Thursday, March 22 at Philadelphia Flyers
  • Monday, April 2 at Tampa Bay Lightning
  • Saturday, April 7 at New York Rangers

I thought a good way to modernize the Capitals, in addition to putting the Weagle front and center, would be to have a shoulder yoke with a triangle cut out of each side so they form sort of a W, or a |/\| as the case may be.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I never thought that the Weagle could work as a primary, but the above concept actually doesn't look too bad.

I still am a fan of the wordmark logo though.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived