NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I agree.

I flat-out loved his story, but am losing lots of respect for him now.

The Ottawa alternate sweater was handled with loads of class, but it's appearing now that it was entirely due to the Senators.

Both he and Icethetics are looking pretty bush-league at this point.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is Jacob Barrette's "Blair Witch 2."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Chris has always been pretty demanding and arrogant. He is incapable of taking criticism, no matter how reasonable and logical it is.

The designer is second rate all the way. His original jersey concept wasn't even good or creative, and his photoshop abilities and dumb luck in the concept getting noticed are the only reason that he was allowed anywhere near an official professional jersey design. That Jets logo is brutal and violates basic design rules.

I wrote a whole big thing earlier. Got frustrated. Deleted it.

Let me just put it this way. The discussion, with respect, should not focus on whether the concept is good or not. That's irrelevant.

The discussion should focus on "Is this the way to go about it or not?"

The answer in my view is an unequivocal "NO".

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I wrote a whole big thing earlier. Got frustrated. Deleted it.

Let me just put it this way. The discussion, with respect, should not focus on whether the concept is good or not. That's irrelevant.

The discussion should focus on "Is this the way to go about it or not?"

The answer in my view is an unequivocal "NO".

Actually, I'll disagree with you. The discussion should be on the uniform and how well it's designed. That's the purpose of these boards.

Wow after seeing all this criticism I feel kind of bad for bringing this up. While I still do not like the original Senators concept, I didn't think this Jets one was terrible by any means. Underwhelming? Yes. Terrible? Nah... it's a competent update on the Jets 96 look.

His design is not terrible, it's just not very good.

It's not worth the days of buildup and hype Chris put into it, nor the lengthy manifesto the designer posted about the philosophy behind the design, both of which appear to have taken much more time and effort than the concept itself.

Nor is it worth trying to start some sort of massive fan campaign to pressure the Jets into adopting it, even setting aside the fact that it breaks all the rules the Jets set for themselves with this new team.

And it's certainly not worth calling people who point that all out "whiners".

lol that Jets jersey and logo are awful. If True North wanted them to look more like the old Jets, that is the way they would have been designed. They wanted this Jets team to have its own identity. The logo is lazy, and he just used the same jersey template as the first Jets. The fact that this guy calls himself a graphic designer is embarrassing.

I usually have nothing but praise for Icethetics, but this has gone on long enough. I would, however like to see GFB get some love for his QC Mallards jersey. It may not be the NHL, but when the look for a professional hockey team is designed by "one of us", that deserves some recognition.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Terrible? Nah... it's a competent update on the Jets 96 look.

I disagree. In no way do I see this as an update of the '96 look. The old logo wasn't fantastic, but it was better than this. This is just dull, amurture.

Which isn't a problem in and of itself. Sometimes you just post a sub-par concept. I only have a problem when Icethetics hypes it and the designer up while the designer goes on to try and preassure the team to adopt it.

This whole thing is a perfect example of why you should never buy into your own hype.

If the Jets want to have a throwback inspired alternate jersey, they don't need to look any further because all they really need to do is use these beauties...

file_119_15.jpg

I don't disagree with you on this. What really makes this uniform is the striping on the pants.

Oilers already have that striping pattern on their pants. League doesn't like to have multiple teams using the exact same design on any part of the uniform.

Penguins and Senators, Lightning and Red Wings, a lot of teams use the same sock pattern, Panthers and Oilers, Avs and Predators (old). Even the Stars and Maple Leafs jersey striping are pretty similar

Manchester-City-icon.png

Well that was underwhelming. I wouldn't expect a call from True North.

I mean if that's the direction the team wants to go in they'll just use the straightup throwbacks.

This was my reaction. The Jets went a different direction and are barely a month into using it. Any call for a look like this will likely be ignored, or solved with throwback nights.

If the Jets want to have a throwback inspired alternate jersey, they don't need to look any further because all they really need to do is use these beauties...

file_119_15.jpg

I don't disagree with you on this. What really makes this uniform is the striping on the pants.

I can't get over the stripe inconsistency from jersey to pants.

Archived