NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

All these faux throwbacks are ridiculous and this trend along with the vintage white trend need to end. If you have a throwback, then by all means wear it. If you don't, please don't create one because they all look like crap.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these faux throwbacks are ridiculous and this trend along with the vintage white trend need to end. If you have a throwback, then by all means wear it. If you don't, please don't create one because they all look like crap.

I like some of them.

Now sometimes they're too derivative, but sometimes they are done for a reason and are fun.

I like what the Flames did last year for example.

And that Flyers jersey, I like it better than what they do use normally.

Even if it isn't what they actually use, it's better than what they have--I like it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

"From what I've been hearing" - from who?

I like how the article mentions "DC Visual Arts", a "company" that seems to exist only in Facebook form. The link to his "official site" goes to a GoDaddy placeholder page.

"DC Visual Arts" is a guy here on the boards who's been doing Winter Classic concepts for years, half of them are directly ripped from other designers. He's been banned here a couple times. He's no "company." These are not the actual designs!

From the Lightning's official Twitter feed:

Lightning are wearing black pants and helmets today before wearing the third jerseys on Saturday night.

Wonder if they'll simply go with last year's pants, or if these will be a color inversion of the current blue shells. Either way, the Lightning oughta look good Saturday night, even with the "Bolts" across the front of the sweater.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"From what I've been hearing" - from who?

I like how the article mentions "DC Visual Arts", a "company" that seems to exist only in Facebook form. The link to his "official site" goes to a GoDaddy placeholder page.

"DC Visual Arts" is a guy here on the boards who's been doing Winter Classic concepts for years, half of them are directly ripped from other designers. He's been banned here a couple times. He's no "company." These are not the actual designs!

Oh, David Alexander (not to be confused with my favorite former Eagles center)?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Kings in white at home tonight. Blues in navy yet again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This.

And yes, I'm talking to you Tampa Bay. You aren't a team from the 30's. Stop :censored:ing trying.

2ly2w09.jpg

Reports coming out today that this IS the Flyers Winter Classic Jersey.

317628_271800936176166_211686725520921_986932_2070103753_n.jpg

Report can be found here.

http://phillysportsd...classic-jersey/

Word from the Flyers is that the jerseys will be announced "soon," but no official date has been set. A source said that the delay in the announcement was caused by Reebok, who will produce the authentic jerseys once they are officially unveiled.

I think it is just a concept. The Flyers jersey does not have the "Reebok" logo on the back

yea the pic is just a mock up but also from what ive been hearing this is almost 100% what it will look like

Just so you all know, unless the jersey's in this template:

ColumbusBlueJackets_JFV3a_2011-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

...it's probably a concept.

The Oilers have on the navy practice jerseys tonight. Hopefully one of the final times these are worn.

Ew they kept that as a third? boo! If they have to have a 3rd then they should use the one they had in the 2000s

Yeah I'm not sure why. Someone at another board said these are on the discount rack at The Oilers Store and other apparel retailers around the city though, so this looks like their final season. At least the white ones are already gone.

Kinda fitting that the worst uniforms in team history were worn during the darkest years of the franchise.

The Oilers have on the navy practice jerseys tonight. Hopefully one of the final times these are worn.

Ew they kept that as a third? boo! If they have to have a 3rd then they should use the one they had in the 2000s

Yeah I'm not sure why. Someone at another board said these are on the discount rack at The Oilers Store and other apparel retailers around the city though, so this looks like their final season. At least the white ones are already gone.

Kinda fitting that the worst uniforms in team history were worn during the darkest years of the franchise.

If the Oilers are going to have a third they should throw back to the orange sweaters they wore from 1972-74. If the Islanders aren't going to go with an orange alternate the Oilers might as well do it.

2956226150102099193OvUjWa_ph.jpg

If the Oilers are going to have a third they should throw back to the orange sweaters they wore from 1972-74. If the Islanders aren't going to go with an orange alternate the Oilers might as well do it.

2956226150102099193OvUjWa_ph.jpg

Absolutely. Love this.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Well I don't like that number font at all (it exaggerates everything I hated about the previous black and purple LA Kings number font), but I would be down with shoulder length lightning bolts for the Lightning.

Archived