NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Ducks also debuting their patch for Ruslan Salei tonight. It's a black patch with "24" in their current white numbers with the gold outline. Not only does it kinda look weird because it's a black patch on a black jersey (You really just see the "24"), but also, Ruslan Salei never wore Black/Gold/Orange. Salei only wore the eggplant/jade. The patch would've been miles better with the era appropriate colors. They should also be wearing it longer than a month before auctioning them off, but whatever.

Ah well, at least it's something.

If anything, just a plain white number 24 in the Ducks' old number font would've be more appropriate. As it is right now it just looks like a miniature front number.

Nevertheless, it's a nice tribute.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pittsburgh and Washington wore a locomotive patch last night:

arron_asham_fight_taunt_was_classless_move_on_my_part.jpg

I wish the NHL had all of the teams do this, at least for one game, just to express solidarity with the KHL and to express remembrance for the former NHLers who died in the crash.

A lot of teams are wearing memorial patches. I know the Devils on opening night wore a patch in memory of Rachunek and Vasyunov (both former Devils) who died in the crash. They plan on wearing the patch again for their first road game tomorrow night.

Pittsburgh and Washington wore a locomotive patch last night:

arron_asham_fight_taunt_was_classless_move_on_my_part.jpg

I wish the NHL had all of the teams do this, at least for one game, just to express solidarity with the KHL and to express remembrance for the former NHLers who died in the crash.

A lot of teams are wearing memorial patches. I know the Devils on opening night wore a patch in memory of Rachunek and Vasyunov (both former Devils) who died in the crash. They plan on wearing the patch again for their first road game tomorrow night.

I know. But I meant for the teams that didn't lose anyone, just wear a Lokomotiv logo for a game.

spacer.png

Same for me. The Canes have by far one of the best uniform sets in the NHL, and I don't think they're a team that needs rebranding anytime soon.

Speaking of rebranding.. whatever happened to that thread/rumor that some team in the south was going to do a crazy rebrand + something that never happened before.

Pretty sure that rumor was about Nashville.

They were planning to use their alt as their home, with a white version as the away. Then they decided just to call that a "special event uniform", and rebrand with gold, not blue and silver. It was the right choice IMO.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

They were planning to use their alt as their home, with a white version as the away. Then they decided just to call that a "special event uniform", and rebrand with gold, not blue and silver. It was the right choice IMO.

So what is "something no one has ever done"? Is it the gold jersey as the dark jersey? Because the Boston Bruins wore gold as their dark for much of their pre 1967 history. The L.A. Kings and Vancouver Canucks have wore gold as thier light jersey as well!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I think the Canes have all the makings of a semi-classic sweater. It's a familiar color palette, but their hem stripes, strong secondary marks (the flags) are both meaningful (representing the storm warning) and different from all other striping. I give them kudos even. The main logo is a bit...meh, but I think they have a strong jersey that is easily recognizable.

This is going to come off as sounding childish/strange, but I like the red and black helmets they chose. They are vibrant and have a quasi-sheen to them. Especially the black...am i dreaming on this? They come across as very Vader-like. I don't get that sense with other black helmets.

So what is "something no one has ever done"? Is it the gold jersey as the dark jersey? Because the Boston Bruins wore gold as their dark for much of their pre 1967 history. The L.A. Kings and Vancouver Canucks have wore gold as thier light jersey as well!

I thought it never happened before to the team, as in Nashville going full blue and no gold. May as well have been the Isles, seeing as they can't seem to make logical decisions in jerseys or buisness.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I like the Canes jerseys, very unique. When I turn on the TV I should recognize the team right away, although the Jets jerseys have grown on me, they don't stick out at all. They are not ugly, but they are nothing special.

If teams are going to wear numbers on the front of their helmets, can we get rid of numbers on the front of the jerseys? Takes up too much room; if the Sharks go to the final they would have to put the Stanley Cup patch right next to their captaincy letters. It kinds works for the Wings, but it would just look like a mess for the Sharks.

I like the Canes jerseys, very unique. When I turn on the TV I should recognize the team right away, although the Jets jerseys have grown on me, they don't stick out at all. They are not ugly, but they are nothing special.

I think the Jets' road whites, with the distinctive striping, fulfill your criteria as instantly recognizable.

I think the Jets' road whites, with the distinctive striping, fulfill your criteria as instantly recognizable.

I know, I know, there are too many red, white, and blue teams in the NHL but every time I see the Jets uniforms I think how much better they would have looked if they had replaced the light blue with the red from the crest.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Archived