Super Bowl XLVI logo rough draft?

sportsfan0518

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLS has enacted a similar policy to great effect. The MLS Cup used to have a unique logo every year, but now it has a generic logo for the MLS Cup.

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=2118

It should be stated that the MLS Cup's generic logo system works better because a) There are tiny changes from year to year though; the logo incorporates the team colors of the host team, and B) the unique logos were never very good anyway.

MLS has enacted a similar policy to great effect. The MLS Cup used to have a unique logo every year, but now it has a generic logo for the MLS Cup.

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=2118

It should be stated that the MLS Cup's generic logo system works better because a) There are tiny changes from year to year though; the logo incorporates the team colors of the host team, and B)the unique logos were never very good anyway.

Not that the new standardized ones are bad but the older MLS Cup logos are some of my favorite championship game logos.

look at the good side to all of this...imagine where we'd all be if ALL 45 logos were this goofyness with the Lombardi trophy over the number. Can you imagine Super Bowls I, II, V, X, XX, XXX with that trophy over them? Oh my....

I really liked the "unique logos when they were creative enough. The problem is that you can't just tie everything to the same font every year, as if the font looks bad, your whole logo is ruined. Personally, I am in favor of taking the letters and incorporating some aspect of football, or some thematic element from the city/state, as long as it's done well. Either that, or taking the letters and "forming" them into a football-related shape (like, maybe the shape of a football) .

Some of my favorite super bowl logos would include the lighthouse (SB37 San Diego), the United States/US Flag (SB36 New Orleans), The Native american-looking XXX (SB30 Arizona), and interestingly enough the old Chicago-deco style XIX (SB19 Stanford, California)

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

They didn't even bother customizing the backdrop this time.

:censored: you Roger Goodell; :censored: you. :cursing:

You do realize Lucas Oil will be in the back later, right?

I dunno. It might, but it seems like that idea faded away the closer they got to the super bowl. I think we'll get just the one logo for XLVI

What's seen is the national main logo for SB46.

The Stadium background logo is the regional logo and there will be one. For all of the Super Bowls using this lame-ass standardized logo system.

NYCdog.png

I know I keep mentioning it, without any proof, but they originally had an option for a horizontal logo that was later removed. Finally, here it is:

xlvlogo.png

That looks so much better, it's still not good, but it's better than the one they went with. The logo they chose is too tall without any width to balance it out.

Also, something about the idea that a logo is apart of a system that will look the same every year took away some of the special feeling about that particular super bowl. Part of what was great was each game had their own special logo. It just made it seem even bigger. I didn't like the idea when I first heard it and I don't like it now. It's not like they even chose a good logo to use every year.

I originally posted this logo back early last month asking about the validity of it.

What's seen is the national main logo for SB46.

The Stadium background logo is the regional logo and there will be one. For all of the Super Bowls using this lame-ass standardized logo system.

Possibly. One can't know for sure. Remember when they unveiled the logo last year, it was only the local version with the stadium. The national version was nowhere to be seen. Other way around this year. Maybe they'll have an unveiling in Indianapolis for the stadium version, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't even have one.

North+Texas+Super+Bowl+Committee+Unveil+Logo+DTwr8cBV33Nl.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

What happens if the Colts go to the superbowl? (Mind you I rarely ever pay attention to the NFL, so I don't know any rulings that go behind this)

Then they'd become the first team to play a Super Bowl at their home stadium. Nothing special would happen, it would just be conincidental.

But the odds of this happening are low. Also, since Super Bowl tickets sell out years in advance, there would be neutral fans from all over the nation... It's not like the stadium would be filled with just Colts fans. I really don't think playing the Super Bowl at home would give as huge an advantage as people think it would.

EDIT: The 1979 Rams got to play the Super Bowl in Pasadena, less than 10 miles from their (then) home stadium. The 49ers played the '85 Super Bowl at Stanford, also very close to home. The Rams lost and the 49ers won.

From an NBC Sports Video...

7caed7de.png

Well well well, It looks like another good part of the NFL is gone. We're gonna have a bland lifeless Super Bowl logo shoved in our faces year after year. Welcome to the No Fun League, boys and girls. Goodell is running the league into the ground. I'll stick with Hockey, a REAL action sport!

7caed7de.png

Well well well, It looks like another good part of the NFL is gone. We're gonna have a bland lifeless Super Bowl logo shoved in our faces year after year. Welcome to the No Fun League, boys and girls. Goodell is running the league into the ground. I'll stick with Hockey, a REAL action sport!

Shut up.

bSLCtu2.png

Gonna deny that request, dude. Hockey is way better than slow-ass football!

7caed7de.png

Shut up.

I expected such a simple-minded response from a RAIDERS fan (beer-swilling joke of society).

7caed7de.png

Shut up.

Some of my favorite super bowl logos would include...the United States/US Flag (SB36 New Orleans)...

Agreed. This was a GREAT logo and was a very successful replacement given the state of the world at that point in time. Being from the New Orleans area, I'm still sad that the original logo for XXXVI didn't get used, it's a GREAT logo, but I understand the need to make the change that year. And it worked.

Super Bowl XXXVI Original Logo

a01-1528n.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

7caed7de.png

You know the NHL tends to reuse the Stanley Cup Finals logo, right? :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived