2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Jered Weaver = Pitching-5-0-early-Cy=Young-candidate MAN

Peter Bourjos = Hitting-fielding-running-Gold-Glove-potential boyMAN

Angels take 2 of 3 in Arlington.

You're forgetting the league leader (tied) in AL HRs, Howie Kendrick.

And Brandon Wood is gone!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jered Weaver = Pitching-5-0-early-Cy-Young-candidate MAN

Peter Bourjos = Hitting-fielding-running-Gold-Glove-potential boyMAN

Angels take 2 of 3 in Arlington.

You're forgetting the league leader (tied) in AL HRs, Howie Kendrick.

And Brandon Wood is gone!

Things are looking up under the Halo. Yes, they are.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So, will the season be ending on November 15th, or starting on March 15th?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

COMPLETELY FALLING UNDER THE RADAR ALERT: Selig says playoff expansion's coming next season

http://es.pn/dLxKki

Granted, this doesn't seem like too bad of an idea, as long as the play-in round for the 2 Wild Card teams is a best-of 3 and the LDS stays at 5 and LCS and World Series stay at 7

So basically would they add 2 more teams per league to make six and give the top 2 per league a bye? I think I'm confused :rolleyes:

COMPLETELY FALLING UNDER THE RADAR ALERT: Selig says playoff expansion's coming next season

Granted, this doesn't seem like too bad of an idea, as long as the play-in round for the 2 Wild Card teams is a best-of 3 and the LDS stays at 5 and LCS and World Series stay at 7

So basically would they add 2 more teams per league to make six and give the top 2 per league a bye? I think I'm confused :rolleyes:

If I'm not mistaken, they would add 1 more wild card per league and the two wild card teams (per league) would have a play-in series to get in the playoffs.

jNTsTyQ.png

I never get tired of smug, self-lathering Angels fans. Give 'em hell fellas! :P

Speaking of the Angels...Josh Beckett and Tyler Chatwood are locked up in a pitchers duel. I've watched at least a little bit of Josh Beckett's last couple starts. I think it's safe to say that he's returning to form. He's looked really good so far tonight.

BB52Big.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, they would add 1 more wild card per league and the two wild card teams (per league) would have a play-in series to get in the playoffs.

I actually like the 1-game play-in for the Wild Card. It actually puts more emphasis on winning the division, even if an extra team 'makes the playoffs'.

Basically, Bud was upset the precious Red Sox missed the playoffs last year. This move is an attempt to assure that both the Yankees and Red Sox make the playoffs each year, because Yankee + Red Sox = excitement and ratings!

Not to mention, he's probably also hoping and praying that the Cubs and Mets can be just mediocre enough in 2012 to sneak into an expanded playoff.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I actually like the 1-game play-in for the Wild Card. It actually puts more emphasis on winning the division, even if an extra team 'makes the playoffs'.

Agreed. Additionally, it automatically throws off any chance of the Wild Card play in winner from setting up their rotation for the playoffs, handicapping them in the division round.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived