2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Regarding the A's wearing the yellows on the road, they basically only wore it on the road for Interleague games only. But they actually wore it more than once on the road.

June 25 & 26 against Phi at Citizen's Bank Ballpark

June 21 & 22 at CitiField vs the Mets

The story behind that is they were currently on a winning streak and during that streak at home, they wore the gold tops. But since they had to go on the road, they weren't sure if they were allowed to wear the gold tops (since they were under impression that they were designated for home only).

When they found out that they could wear it on the road, they did so in hopes of keeping their win streak mojo

Odd. They had lost the three previous games before the June 21st game, though.

No they didn't. They were on a winning streak

http://www.baseball-...le-scores.shtml

Ah, you're right. I was looking at the 25th & 26th games and forgot the road trip started on the 21st. I got confused for some reason.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Lids today to buy an Orioles home hat but saw how bad the black thread looks on the front. I passed because of how bad it looked.

Up close I thought it looked really bad. Worse than I expected.

I went to Lids today to buy an Orioles home hat but saw how bad the black thread looks on the front. I passed because of how bad it looked.

So did it look bad?

I get repetitive at times. Shoot me.

But it looked really bad. Almost like a fake would. If Lids would have had the 47 Brand version I would've bought it. Oh well

So did it look bad?

I get repetitive at times. Shoot me.

But it looked really bad. Almost like a fake would. If Lids would have had the 47 Brand version I would've bought it. Oh well

Which is why I am so glad that I have the 1983 version instead of this new one. It just looks so much better

Go A's!

Saw the Indians' camo hat tonight in the team shop at Progressive Field. It's the red block C hat, only the C is in camo and it's double-outlined (navy/white). It looked as awful as it sounds.

Saw it as well and did not like it. I would much prefer a red hat, with the C in an american flag pattern. You know, since its supposed to be a stars and stripes cap. The camo just looks silly.

70389454.png

I have a question, since I really haven't paid attention to the Red Sox in awhile, have they done away with the alternate socks cap? I see it's listed as 2009 only on the mother site. If it's done for, it's a shame, it's an awesome hat.

bSLCtu2.png

I have a question, since I really haven't paid attention to the Red Sox in awhile, have they done away with the alternate socks cap? I see it's listed as 2009 only on the mother site. If it's done for, it's a shame, it's an awesome hat.

After wearing it nearly each Friday with their alternate jerseys (and once with the road grays) in 2009, they wore it each Friday prior to the all star break in 2010, once last season, and not at all this year. I personally like the cap, but I'm assuming the players don't. I think a 1975-78 road or alternate is needed if the hanging sox cap is history.

After wearing it nearly each Friday with their alternate jerseys (and once with the road grays) in 2009, they wore it each Friday prior to the all star break in 2010, once last season, and not at all this year. I personally like the cap, but I'm assuming the players don't. I think a 1975-78 road or alternate is needed if the hanging sox cap is history.

i love those 70's hats

jerry-remy.jpg

and with all the RWB teams, im surprised no one uses a red hat with blue bill

The Red Sox' blue socks lasted one game, I think.

The hanging sox hat was done in away with, though it's still listed as an "official" hat.

I liked the hanging sox hat as a fan hat, but I never thought it looked good on the field.

spacer.png

The hanging sox hat was done in away with, though it's still listed as an "official" hat.

I liked the hanging sox hat as a fan hat, but I never thought it looked good on the field.

Haha, you're certainly not alone. I think most people were unpleasantly shocked when it was introduced.

Haha, you're certainly not alone. I think most people were unpleasantly shocked when it was introduced.

Actually, when it was first unveiled, I loved it. I even ordered it the second I saw it.

I just never liked it on the field.

spacer.png

i love those 70's hats

jerry-remy.jpg

and with all the RWB teams, im surprised no one uses a red hat with blue bill

That hat would look great with the red alt, IMO.

Archived