2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

I'm convinced Steve Berthiaume is a member here, because everytime the Blue Jays, Orioles or even the Mets blue jerseys from last year, are shown on BBTN, he always comments on the "fantastic new uniforms", and the other guys awkwardly continue on with the highlights like they're wanting to say, "dude, they're uniforms, get over it".

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hadn't either. All I know is they should go back to wearing those Sox. They'd go better with the road uniforms than the solid red ones. And maybe consider going back to that sleeve design.

I'm convinced Steve Berthiaume is a member here, because everytime the Blue Jays, Orioles or even the Mets blue jerseys from last year, are shown on BBTN, he always comments on the "fantastic new uniforms", and the other guys awkwardly continue on with the highlights like they're wanting to say, "dude, they're uniforms, get over it".

he's a big uni guy for sure. i follow him on twitter :)

and on another note, im convinced the Marlins white/grey unis are the alts and the blacks are the regular unis

What was the occasion? Something to do with the 100th anniv. of Fenway? I hadn't heard about this event prior to tonight like I knew about the Yankees/Sox game.

AP Story

The teams wore 1936 throwback uniforms. That year, the A's - then in Philadelphia - sold Jimmie Foxx to the Red Sox. His daughter, Nanci Foxx Canaday, was at the game.

Those A's throwbacks make me very thankful for Charlie O. Finley's crazy color ideas.

Anyone know if the Red Sox will also be doing this for the other five charter members of the AL? It would be great to see some old-time Tigers roads, the O's in Browns unis, the Twins in Senators unis, and the Indians in, oh, let's say mid-seventies bloodclots.

As for the White Sox, well, Carlton Fisk played his first game for them in 1981 right back at Fenway... just saying.

219399d1308349196-gambo-t_wil1-photopack-carlton-fisk-white-sox.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Those A's throwbacks make me very thankful for Charlie O. Finley's crazy color ideas.

Anyone know if the Red Sox will also be doing this for the other five charter members of the AL? It would be great to see some old-time Tigers roads, the O's in Browns unis, the Twins in Senators unis, and the Indians in, oh, let's say mid-seventies bloodclots.

As for the White Sox, well, Carlton Fisk played his first game for them in 1981 right back at Fenway... just saying.

If they do do throwbacks with all original AL teams, I would hope they go for teens-'50s throwbacks. I would rather see older uniforms which don't exist as much in pictures as some of the '70s crap that teams like to forget they wore.

Also, strange to see Fisk playing in Wrigley. Obviously one of the exhibition games in the spring.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Red Sox-A's game looked GREAT tonight.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/photos?gameId=320502102&page=1

Something about that "Red Sox" script just seems...off. It doesn't look accurate, even if it actually is.

Probably because you're so used to seeing the "modern" script. I'm fairly cetain it's accurate to 1936, though, it's not like the Sox to drop the ball on stuff like this.

Edit: couldn't get a screen grab, but one of the A's (Kila Ka'Aihue, I think) was wearing the regular A's batting helmet for at least one at-bat.

spacer.png

If they do do throwbacks with all original AL teams, I would hope they go for teens-'50s throwbacks. I would rather see older uniforms which don't exist as much in pictures as some of the '70s crap that teams like to forget they wore.

Also, strange to see Fisk playing in Wrigley. Obviously one of the exhibition games in the spring.

On a side note, didn't the Cubs & White Sox used to play their annual exhibition in-season from time to time? I seem to remember them playing on WGN in the late 80's in the summertime. They did it on a mutual off day when both teams were in town.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

On a side note, didn't the Cubs & White Sox used to play their annual exhibition in-season from time to time? I seem to remember them playing on WGN in the late 80's in the summertime. They did it on a mutual off day when both teams were in town.

According to Retrosheet, you are correct. Their 5/26/88 game was a 15-inning 6-6 tie.

Source

Then they made a big deal about some minor-leaguer playing in the 1994 game (even though the game was played on 4/7, Opening Day was a few days earlier...Tuffy Rhodes hit 3 homers against the Mets but the Cubs lost anyway on 4/4):

Archived