2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Wait a minute...isn't that Angels cap incorrect? I thought in '72 they wore the lowercase "a" on the caps.

Aside from that...dang it, the Angels should be wearing more navy full-time. If they'd just wear a navy crown-red brim cap with the currents, they'd be perfect.

Nope, that was actually 1971.

I totally agree with your push for more navy though. A little too much red right now, a navy crown-red bill would be the perfect first step to making things a bit more even in that department.

Yep, I think the current Angels look is "so close, yet so far" from being perfect.

I love the scripts and logos, but certain things annoy the hell out of me, like the random use of white and grey, red on red, overuse of the A logo, 3D cap logo, etc. I definitely agree that navy crowned caps would be a great look for them.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marlins in orange tops today but still wearing the black caps...

they will never again wear the orange hats. im convinced

that 1 ST game was it

So then ... It appears that the orange hat has been scrapped?

They haven't even given it a shot with the orange alts :therock:

Its kinda sad... that was the one thing i was looking forward to the most about that set

Wait a minute...isn't that Angels cap incorrect? I thought in '72 they wore the lowercase "a" on the caps.

Aside from that...dang it, the Angels should be wearing more navy full-time. If they'd just wear a navy crown-red brim cap with the currents, they'd be perfect.

I totally agree with your push for more navy though. A little too much red right now, a navy crown-red bill would be the perfect first step to making things a bit more even in that department.

Yep, I think the current Angels look is "so close, yet so far" from being perfect.

I love the scripts and logos, but certain things annoy the hell out of me, like the random use of white and grey, red on red, overuse of the A logo, 3D cap logo, etc. I definitely agree that navy crowned caps would be a great look for them.

I think they were closer with this set when they wore Anaheim on the roads. (I'm not saying that's the reason, but I do prefer location names on the aways.). I agree that they are suffering from A overkill currently, but not red overkill. That was a smart marketing move, an upgrade on par with this year's Blue Jays, and I don't think they should go back to an overused navy-red combo for anything other than throwback nights. The BP cap is there for you if you need it.

I think they were closer with this set when they wore Anaheim on the roads. (I'm not saying that's the reason, but I do prefer location names on the aways.). I agree that they are suffering from A overkill currently, but not red overkill. That was a smart marketing move, an upgrade on par with this year's Blue Jays, and I don't think they should go back to an overused navy-red combo for anything other than throwback nights. The BP cap is there for you if you need it.

Red on red does not look good. For the cap logo and script on the red jersey, there's no reason that they can't use a white script or a navy script.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I wouldn't mind it as a nod to the past, but I agree, it shouldn't be anything near a regularly worn item.

Other than that, I love the balance between red and blue. Problem is, with all the red/navy/white teams in the league right now, the Angels are probably emphasizing red to separate themselves from that. I don't believe so much in the "LA red vs. Dodger blue" ideology because the shades of blue are extremely differentiable from one another. No baseball fan would confuse navy with Dodger blue.

spacer.png

It's not like the Angels were never a navy-red team, though. I mean, they were exactly that for years. To me, that's the essential Angels colors. Not tons of red and a little navy, and not lots of navy and a little red - they're a balanced navy and red team. Right now, they look too much like Cardinals west for my liking.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

that 1 ST game was it

It was established upthread that the Marlins Marketing Dept is driving what the team wears from day-to-day. And most, if not all, of the associated dugout gear (jackets, pullovers, etc) are black. They are pushing the black gear, and, I suspect, they consider the orange hat & jersey to be afterthoughts. Hell, they don't even wear the grey road jerseys seemingly more than once a roadtrip.

The not-wearing-orange-hats-or-jerseys thing is falling on the shoulders of the marketers, just like the Mets wearing black for so long was driven by the equipment manager.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

that 1 ST game was it

It was established upthread that the Marlins Marketing Dept is driving what the team wears from day-to-day. And most, if not all, of the associated dugout gear (jackets, pullovers, etc) are black. They are pushing the black gear, and, I suspect, they consider the orange hat & jersey to be afterthoughts. Hell, they don't even wear the grey road jerseys seemingly more than once a roadtrip.

The not-wearing-orange-hats-or-jerseys thing is falling on the shoulders of the marketers, just like the Mets wearing black for so long was driven by the equipment manager.

As a Marlins fan, ge lack of the orange cap is utterly disappointing.

Also I wouldn't say the orange jersey was an afterthought because it's used heavily in the marketing and brochures and they wear it on a pretty consitentt scheduled basis. All Sunday day games and occasionally on other home games.

The dugout gear and Bps do feature a heavy amount of orange as well do I wouldn't count them compeltely in that.

The orange hat mystery is killing me though. You made the helmets, You cared enough to change the orange cap batter logo from blue/orange to orange/black, the fans love them and are buyin them like crazy. It just makes no sense not to wear them. I pulled out my home jersey and orange cap and the combination looks awesome. Such a basic, missed opportunity.

Marlins are home for two against the Pirates on non scheduled jersey days. Here's hoping they pull them out.

Archived