2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Love Griffey Baseball. But I preferred the original SNES one. That was really the first baseball game to have actual stadiums and logos on the hats and uniforms. All the other baseball games I played before that just had generic colors.

The Marlins and Expos are awesome in that game, even the Brewers are pretty good. I used to spend a lot of time editing all the real play names in.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Twins, I was playing Ken Griffey Jr. on Nintendo 64, and the Twins broke out the "Dairy Queen" alternate.

b0ylB.png

Weird thing about the game, is that the Twins are wearing regular white pants and the Tigers, whom they are facing, have an orange billed cap with orange D.

I love that Twins jersey and I wish they gave it more of chance. I think it could become the Home alternate... *ducks*

That game is So awesome on So many levels! The only problem I have with it is that in season mode u can't wear alternates. I always play with the Winged Angels

Is there a way to actually choose if the team your playin as wear the alternate, or is it indeed just random that they wear them?

It's random. It's because of this game that I thought the St. Louis Cardinals wore the red jersey in games.

It does the same in the All-Star Baseball games on N64 aswell.

bSLCtu2.png

I'm pretty sure it was referred to that as well when they were introduced/first worn. Actually now that I think if it, maybe an announcer referred to them as that. Dairy queen is a sponsor for the twins anyways, or was at least. It is also headquartered in the twin cities.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Speaking of Twins, I was playing Ken Griffey Jr. on Nintendo 64, and the Twins broke out the "Dairy Queen" alternate.

b0ylB.png

Weird thing about the game, is that the Twins are wearing regular white pants and the Tigers, whom they are facing, have an orange billed cap with orange D.

I love that Twins jersey and I wish they gave it more of chance. I think it could become the Home alternate... *ducks*

That game is So awesome on So many levels! The only problem I have with it is that in season mode u can't wear alternates. I always play with the Winged Angels

Is there a way to actually choose if the team your playin as wear the alternate, or is it indeed just random that they wear them?

It's random. It's because of this game that I thought the St. Louis Cardinals wore the red jersey in games.

It does the same in the All-Star Baseball games on N64 aswell.

There is actually a code u can punch in right after the team and stadium selection screen that makes both teams wear the alts. I found the code online on a gaming site. Should be easy to find. The only thing with the code is it's fairly long and u have to punch it all in in the time between the stadium selection screen and the national anthem in-game. Thats like a split second

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Love Griffey Baseball. But I preferred the original SNES one. That was really the first baseball game to have actual stadiums and logos on the hats and uniforms. All the other baseball games I played before that just had generic colors.

The Marlins and Expos are awesome in that game, even the Brewers are pretty good. I used to spend a lot of time editing all the real play names in.

The SNES Ken Griffey game is the number one reason why I love the Cubs' 94-96 "Cuba" road jersey and have an authentic one hanging in my closet right now.

330zl3b.png

8ae23aad92b80a60f6c2a763c073b8d9-getty-144793414.jpg

This needs to be repeated...

HOLY :censored: ING :censored: THESE ARE :censored: ING B-E-A-UTIFUL. Especially in the sunlight... My God...

Seriously. Best uniform update of the last five, maybe ten years.

Tell ya what, I think these are better than the original. The logos, at least, look better, IMO, as just the jay head, without the ball behind it. And I prefer the mostly light royal and white with just the tiny touches of red and navy.

when the jays played the mets last week/two weeks ago, i peed a little.

true beauty

Agreed. I went to the game this past Sunday and the two uniforms looked PHENOMENAL.

to quote my 21 year old female roommate, i am jel jel

LOL! Everything you said was spot one! That was my all-time favorite baseball game on any system, any era. I remember I went out and bought the '93 Baseball Weekly Almanac just so I could get every guys stats and enter the names in correctly on each and every team. Everything about that game was awesome. My favorite was when you'd strike out a guy and they'd either slump down in dismay, break their bat over their legs in anger or actually turn around and scream "Ah come on!!!". I also thought it was cool that Nintendo's pre-programmed names on each team had a theme, too.

The only other Griffey game that I actually loved almost as much was the N64's Slugfest (the last in the series). Winning Run and the 1st N64 game were just not as good.

The SNES Ken Griffey game is the number one reason why I love the Cubs' 94-96 "Cuba" road jersey and have an authentic one hanging in my closet right now.

Ha, same here. Although my strategy was often bunt, bunt, bunt with the Cubs in that game. The real Cubs finally tried it this year. When Castro bunted a couple weeks back, that SNES Griffey game actually came to mind. Maybe I was just bad at it, but I still dig it out from time to time. Loved the unis.

LOL! Everything you said was spot one! That was my all-time favorite baseball game on any system, any era. I remember I went out and bought the '93 Baseball Weekly Almanac just so I could get every guys stats and enter the names in correctly on each and every team. Everything about that game was awesome. My favorite was when you'd strike out a guy and they'd either slump down in dismay, break their bat over their legs in anger or actually turn around and scream "Ah come on!!!". I also thought it was cool that Nintendo's pre-programmed names on each team had a theme, too.

The only other Griffey game that I actually loved almost as much was the N64's Slugfest (the last in the series). Winning Run and the 1st N64 game were just not as good.

I myself had a genesis, World Series Baseball 95 is awesome, it too had all stadiums, and was fun to play. Also I'd say RBI Baseball 94 and sports talk baseball are good too.

Archived