2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, thanks for the link.

I finally start buying these things and there's snake skin and a scrapbook motive. I feel like I've raided my Fiance's closet.

You know you like it tubby. Embrace the female side.

Tubby also likes to dress like "white snake"

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Since we love pointing out the rare nature of this...

Twins and White Sox both wore dark alts yesterday in Chicago. Which means we can't blame the White Sox this time.

Yes, but since Chicago was involved, I am in favor of blaming them anyway.

But since Chicago is the home team, they would have the easier access to change their jerseys to white to prevent the dark on dark matchup, right?

Nope, baseball teams usually travel with more than one set of jerseys on the road, so either team could've easily changed.

Someone at Uni Watch sent Lukas the ASG BP jerseys:

7266062836_9b4c8bc498_o.png

And it looks like Pittsburgh might be wearing camo on Sunday too. They are giving away replica camo jerseys.

Those contrast collar bits look so much like the new Nike half-collars in the NFL which everyone hates.

Not good.

Geeeesh, is Nike starting another trend? This does have a faux-flywire collar look to it.

The weird collars are on some of the BP uniforms. The BP uniforms ever since about 2005, have been having weird designs, but it's not really offensive considering it's just a BP uniform.

ruaheqtu93fjhubs4hyksh47e.gif

These designs, with the funky collars, have been in use since last season. The Nike FB jerseys had zero influence on them. This is on Majestic for thinking they look good in the first place.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Since we love pointing out the rare nature of this...

Twins and White Sox both wore dark alts yesterday in Chicago. Which means we can't blame the White Sox this time.

Yes, but since Chicago was involved, I am in favor of blaming them anyway.

But since Chicago is the home team, they would have the easier access to change their jerseys to white to prevent the dark on dark matchup, right?

Nope, baseball teams usually travel with more than one set of jerseys on the road, so either team could've easily changed.

I was kidding about it always being the White Sox's fault. Unless there is some photographic evidence that the Twins only wore their alts on this trip, the home team SHOULD have right of first refusal in wearing alts. Prior to this season, Houston always brought along the rarely-worn greys when they had to face SF, Arizona, or Atlanta on the weekends, because their brick alts clashed with those teams' alts.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Someone at Uni Watch sent Lukas the ASG BP jerseys:

7266062836_9b4c8bc498_o.png

And it looks like Pittsburgh might be wearing camo on Sunday too. They are giving away replica camo jerseys.

Those contrast collar bits look so much like the new Nike half-collars in the NFL which everyone hates.

Not good.

Geeeesh, is Nike starting another trend? This does have a faux-flywire collar look to it.

The weird collars are on some of the BP uniforms. The BP uniforms ever since about 2005, have been having weird designs, but it's not really offensive considering it's just a BP uniform.

ruaheqtu93fjhubs4hyksh47e.gif

These designs, with the funky collars, have been in use since last season. The Nike FB jerseys had zero influence on them. This is on Majestic for thinking they look good in the first place.

Obviously, but the new NFL collars were the first thing to pop in my mind.

Pick a colour Texas. Yeesh. Their set has so much potential, but it is executed horribly.

Rumor (or rumour?) has it that Ryan himself wanted the set that's currently on the field. It's why "Texas" is on all of the jerseys. Better yet, we're going all red tomorrow.

Anyone have pics from the Angles Mariners game? They were wearing throwbacks. Only caught a quick glimpse, but it looked like Seattle was wearing their Pilots jerseys.

Seattle was in Rainiers throwbacks and the Angels were in PCL duds.

Pirates wore leftover Padres/White Sox/Reds "desert camo" unis tonight. They looked about as good as you'd expect.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Any reason for PCL throwbacks? I think a few other teams are doing it this year too

Yea, Not sure why but when Mariners and A's play in a month or so. It will be Rainers vs Oaks.

They'll wear them on July 8

I can't wait to pick up an Oaks cap whenever they're available

Go A's!

Archived