2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

I heard that they're going to release annoyingly-cryptic teaser images for months in advance, and then get contracted just before they can unveil the uniforms. :P

hahahah lol are you referring to their inaugural season when they only had t-shirts with screen print logos on them for spring trainning?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be unfortunate that it is too late for the Astros to have a logo and uni switch for 2012, but I feel confident it will come for 2013. There will be a push from long-time fans to return to the navy and orange colors and the original H and star caps.

The Astros has always been a joke when it comes to unis, but Drayton McLane totally changed the color scheme and logo and that has not been appreciated by old fans. The Astros in pinstripes at home is ridiculous.

I personallyhope the team returns to the shooting stars unis worn in the mid 60s to the early 70s along with the gray road unis with block HOUSTON. No alternate.

Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle spoke to Crane about any possible change to the uniform. Crane said he had no intention of changing from the current set. No recoloring, no switch back to the rainbow guts, no move from the brick/black/sand color scheme.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I heard that they're going to release annoyingly-cryptic teaser images for months in advance, and then get contracted just before they can unveil the uniforms. :P

hahahah lol are you referring to their inaugural season when they only had t-shirts with screen print logos on them for spring trainning?

No... it's an inside joke.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Has anyone here seen the new Marlins look?

Sadly...yes.

Aw, hell. I know you can't divulge anything, but your reaction tells me the new look's going to be as Loria-tastic as some of us have been fearing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If it's Rainbow Guts: Marlins Edition, I'm so buying one.

Think about every aesthetic change made to the Marlins during the Loria regime. There's no way they'll crank out anything that interesting.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If it's Rainbow Guts: Marlins Edition, I'm so buying one.

Think about every aesthetic change made to the Marlins during the Loria regime. There's no way they'll crank out anything that interesting.

Oh I beg to differ. With that man's baffling aesthetic tastes, the Miami Marlins may very well look that "interesting". I would not be shocked at all if we see something Rainbow Guts-eqsue, only with actual rainbow colors, and maybe a few random paint splotches and smears. Nothing would shock me coming from that guy, shorts, zipper pullovers, an even more tacky "Los Marlins" jersey than they already have. I'm thoroughly prepared for the worst.... ever.

The fact that we know they are not keeping the teal/black scheme is already a crime. They could unveil a very classy, solid uniform and logo in anything other than teal and black and I'd still boo them. However knowing Loria, there will be no class whatsoever in what he cooks up.

The only hope for Marlins fans is that the new look is so astronomically bad that when Loria inevitably sells the club for a hefty profit, whoever comes in changes them back to the 1993-2002 look immediately. Thanks to the ballpark deal with the city/county there is no way we'll ever get the "Florida Marlins" name back, at least until 30 years from now when that stadium is outdated and they have to move again(if they are still around by then). Maybe someday my distant relatives will get to enjoy the same team I did growing up...

It will be unfortunate that it is too late for the Astros to have a logo and uni switch for 2012, but I feel confident it will come for 2013. There will be a push from long-time fans to return to the navy and orange colors and the original H and star caps.

The Astros has always been a joke when it comes to unis, but Drayton McLane totally changed the color scheme and logo and that has not been appreciated by old fans. The Astros in pinstripes at home is ridiculous.

I personallyhope the team returns to the shooting stars unis worn in the mid 60s to the early 70s along with the gray road unis with block HOUSTON. No alternate.

Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle spoke to Crane about any possible change to the uniform. Crane said he had no intention of changing from the current set. No recoloring, no switch back to the rainbow guts, no move from the brick/black/sand color scheme.

It seems that most people don't really care for the Astros current look. I guess I can understand why when I hear an Astros fan explain, but from an outsider and fan of a divisional rival (Cardinals), I think the Astros look great. I like the brick hat especially. A lot of people seemed to love the 65-75 look, but I think it's terrible. My favorite Astros uni's were the 87-93 sets.

Archived