2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

I'd like to add that the Yankees' current set is completely overrated.

I have always thought that the Yankees set was overrated. I can understand that the fans like it and all and don't want it to be changed, an I'm fine with that. It really only matters what your fans think of your uniforms. But I can't stand people trying to say that pinstripes are the best uniforms in baseball. The best uniforms in baseball are the A's. Hands down.

That's strictly opinion. But it's as close to fact as it can be that the Yankees pinstriped homes are historic. Some of the youngens here just think cuz somethings not hip to them then it needs to be changed. Not everything traditional automatically needs to go.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but the Yankees could make necessary tweaks while not disrupting history, such as finally standardizing the NY logo (preferably using the cap version), and using this font for the road script.

I've seen tons of concepts with that script and it never works. the font is way too thin for a jersey.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Yes, but the Yankees could make necessary tweaks while not disrupting history, such as finally standardizing the NY logo (preferably using the cap version), and using this font for the road script.

I've seen tons of concepts with that script and it never works. the font is way too thin for a jersey.

As I mentioned in a recent concept that standardized the logos, both the print NY and the Yankees' font are far too thin for a jersey. The print NY (or cap logo, for that matter) would get a bit lost in the pinstripes and would not stand out as the current NY on the chest does. As for the script, it's not bold enough for a jersey. Both the print NY and the script were not made for jerseys, they were made strictly for print. (Plus, "New York" looks great in big block letters, split by the buttons - it's why I love both the Mets' and Yankees' road wordmarks.)

I've seen a ton of concepts that try to standardize the NY - none of them look as good as the Yankees' present look. The print and cap NY logos do not work as well on the pinstriped jersey, while the print and jersey NY logos do not work as well on the cap. Plus, the NY presently used on the chest is essentially a bolder and more detailed version of the one used on the cap - both of those have the Y extend below the N, whereas the print logo has the N extend below the Y.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

I'm a stickler for consistency, so I wish both Detroit and the Yankees would standardize the logos.

Agreed, when you have two or four logos that are sort of almost kind of the same, you don't have a primary mark, no matter which one you designate as "primary".

I have always thought that the Yankees set was overrated. I can understand that the fans like it and all and don't want it to be changed, an I'm fine with that. It really only matters what your fans think of your uniforms. But I can't stand people trying to say that pinstripes are the best uniforms in baseball. The best uniforms in baseball are the A's. Hands down.

You are now my favorite poster on these boards

You are now my favorite poster on these boards

Agreed!!!!

So some stranger posts that he thinks that the team that you root for has the best uniforms, and you derive a sense of pride from that?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So some stranger posts that he thinks that the team that you root for has the best uniforms, and you derive a sense of pride from that?

What else do A's fans have to feel proud about?

Their nine World Series championships, I guess.

Things in their lives that aren't tied to a sports team that they have no affiliation with? Their jobs? Families? Accomplishments?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Things in their lives that aren't tied to a sports team that they have no affiliation with? Their jobs? Families? Accomplishments?

Maybe because this is a sports website, and not really a website intended for users to brag about their jobs, families, and other accomplishments?

And I would hope that you actually have real people in your life to discuss those things with?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Maybe because this is a sports website, and not really a website intended for users to brag about their jobs, families, and other accomplishments?

And I would hope that you actually have real people in your life to discuss those things with?

Don't mind BBTV, he is just doing his "I'm a better sports fan because I care so little" routine. He means no harm. :grin:

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived