2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Any idea on what the Mets have up their sleeves for their 50th Anniversary next year? I'm gonna guess they'll have a logo for it, probably with a 50 with the 0 being the Mets logo and outlined in gold (just a hunch, it could work out well), but how about any word on throwbacks they'll be wearing?

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst offender in that category has been the Mets, because for one shining moment (1985) they had a matching New York script and it was awesome. Still, anything represents an upgrade over the Texas Texas.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think he might mean just the script from those uniforms. Hopefully they finally make a "Texas" script that matches if they bring back the "Rangers" script. I really don't like the "script at home, block on the road" look.

Nolan Ryan blood stains would be a nice touch, too.

The Astros & Mets will both be in their 50th Anniversary years, so if the Mets do something, the Astros are probably in line too. Plus, the Astros LOVE to have extra commemorative patches on their uniforms.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I think he might mean just the script from those uniforms. Hopefully they finally make a "Texas" script that matches if they bring back the "Rangers" script. I really don't like the "script at home, block on the road" look.

Nolan Ryan blood stains would be a nice touch, too.

Then they could make a whole rotation of Nolan clones :shocked: ... 5 way tie for the cy this year guys!!!

canada.png

Worst offender in that category has been the Mets, because for one shining moment (1985) they had a matching New York script and it was awesome. Still, anything represents an upgrade over the Texas Texas.

I think it was '87.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think it was '87.

'87 it is. The Mets also wore a similar script mark on the road for two seasons in the '90s. [447]

I think it was '87.

'87 it is. The Mets also wore a similar script mark on the road for two seasons in the '90s. [447]

1987 without the tail. 1993-1994 with a tail.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

The Astros & Mets will both be in their 50th Anniversary years, so if the Mets do something, the Astros are probably in line too. Plus, the Astros LOVE to have extra commemorative patches on their uniforms.

Maybe next season will be the magical year the Mets lose the BFBS? Perfect time to go back to no black. I'd also like to see the Astros change it up. I find their current color scheme too close to Arizona's. Or wait did Houston have maroon before Arizona? Arizona was still purple when Houston went brick red right?

How about a modern take on the 70s/80s colors? Orange and navy?

I actually don't mind when the Mets do it, because I always liked how they had Dodgers script at home, Giants block on the road.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I think it was '87.

1987 without the tail. 1993-1994 with a tail.

The tail may have been the worst uni-related decision in franchise history (well, maybe tied with the ice-cream caps.)

I remember in '93 when they came out in those things, I got yelled at by my mom because I exclaimed WTF? pretty loudly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Take the tail off the '93 New York script and it would be the perfect road script for the Mets.

EDIT: This is what I'd like to see for the Mets:

zJrxm.png

(Please excuse the roughness - this image was a bitch to edit due to its small size.)

Although my favorite Mets look is the one they reintroduced a few years back (before they added black), the mockup you posted is mighty sweet.

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

Re: Rangers. Last season they said they were going to refine the team's identity this offseason, but the person who was pushing for that hardest is no longer with the team (Chuck Greenberg). I asked Herbie Pallotta, the team's Fan Ambassador on twitter if they were still planning on changing anything and he said he hadn't heard any definitive news. So they're still a maybe.

Also, so long as the Rockies get rid of those :censored:ing horrible inner strokes on their scripts, they'll be fine.

There's just something about multi-word scripts that doesn't look right to me. Even still, New York is just one of those words that looks like it belongs in block IMO (just like Chicago is one that looks like it belongs in a script.)

The tail may have been the worst uni-related decision in franchise history (well, maybe tied with the ice-cream caps.)

I remember in '93 when they came out in those things, I got yelled at by my mom because I exclaimed WTF? pretty loudly.

I'd rather have the tail than the black.

Re: Rangers. Last season they said they were going to refine the team's identity this offseason, but the person who was pushing for that hardest is no longer with the team (Chuck Greenberg). I asked Herbie Pallotta, the team's Fan Ambassador on twitter if they were still planning on changing anything and he said he hadn't heard any definitive news. So they're still a maybe.

Also, so long as the Rockies get rid of those :censored:ing horrible inner strokes on their scripts, they'll be fine.

The reason they couldn't change this season is because new unis have to be submitted to the MLB by May. The sale wasn't done until August, so the new guys couldn't change them for next season. I really can't see a way they don't become a red team next year. The majority of merchandise sold for the team is in red.

I'd also like to see the Astros change it up. I find their current color scheme too close to Arizona's. Or wait did Houston have maroon before Arizona? Arizona was still purple when Houston went brick red right

Yeah, Astros went to brick and black in 2000 when they moved into Minute Mark Park.

BTW- the red and black was a nod to the owner's logistics company's colors. Now that the 'Stros have a new owner, perhaps a new colors? Don't think it'll match his company as Crane Capital uses teal.

Archived