SportsLogos.Net New Features

CC97

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about a little content to go with the visuals? Like a weekly blog with articles from some of the more established members of the forum... e.g., Having andrewharrington come up with a top-10 cartoon-mascot logos with running commentary or having Mockba give his top-10 soccer kits of the 90s or something like that. Don't make it like bleacherreport and let anyone write, but I think some of the different voices we have on this board is what makes this place great.

An idea that I've had in the back of my mind is adding high school logos. This would definitely be a massive undertaking, but I believe that with full community involvement we could get a fairly comprehensive database of high school logos. I personally have a collection of almost all Rhode Island high school logos that I am more than willing to share.

Like I said, it would be absolutely massive, but not impossible.

It would also be nice to see more defunct major teams, such as the NFL's Canton Bulldogs, Dayton Triangles, Providence Steam Roller, etc.

TDZiMMB.png

hey cc, i really enjoy your logo site. ive noticed that some leagues are missing updates like the ncaa bowls section and some ncaa schools are missing updates. thanks for listening to our inputs

2rzsaw3.jpg

Are there still awful, awful comments all over everything there? I'd either remove that altogether or at least moderate the :censored: out of those.

and where would the 15 minutes a week of entertainment go?

If possible, improvements to the uniform histories of teams in the Big 4. There's a pretty thorough listing of most of the uniforms each NHL team has worn, but in the NFL, NBA, and MLB, sometimes it only dates back to when this site was founded.

Also, perhaps puting up some basketball/football (and maybe hockey, when applicable) uniforms from major NCAA programs.

One other minor thing - the Yankees' page needs to be cleaned up a little. The top hat logo was created in 1947, not 1936, and has undergone a few minor changes since then (before the late-1970's, the bottom of the brim of the top hat was a light blue - it can be seen in the 50th year logo up there). Also, the cap logo is different form the print logo, which is currently shown as being the cap logo. Minor stuff, just correcting some inaccuracies.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

We were talking about it a while ago; team history view.

Not just being able to see the current team identity, but ALL identities of that one franchise in a single view (ie Quebec Nordiques AND Colorado Avalanche in a single page)

For everyone who is suggesting updated content to the sections, remember it takes a lot of time to search, find, sort and update all of that. In many cases, stuff that is found is really poor quality and needs to be updated or re-rendered for the site. There is so much that goes into keeping up with a single MAJOR league, keeping up with dozens of minor leagues is quite the feat.

How about retired numbers/championship banners found in the arenas? This applies mainly to hockey and basketball I'd say.

For teams like the Sabres there's not too many, but the Canadiens would take awhile.

I think that would be a neat idea.

bufg.png

A little bit of a big undertaking with this idea, but NCAA D-2 and D-3 logos would be cool to see

If that could be done, I'm all for it. High School logos too, but that would be a bigger challenge.

I'd also think it would be cool to have a team history page explaining the history of each team and logo. And try to get all the teams uniforms from ever era. All these suggestions would take a lot of time though.

3535rx3.jpg

Getting at least some of the readily available missing logos uploaded.

Can you be more specific?

The Redskins uniform thread is really wrong. I can give you a detailed version of what should be there. Not including anything before 2000 (which is the earliest date even though the uniforms were worn in 1972... nevermind). Socks, jerseys, pants, etc. can be updated tremendously.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

We were talking about it a while ago; team history view.

Not just being able to see the current team identity, but ALL identities of that one franchise in a single view (ie Quebec Nordiques AND Colorado Avalanche in a single page)

For everyone who is suggesting updated content to the sections, remember it takes a lot of time to search, find, sort and update all of that. In many cases, stuff that is found is really poor quality and needs to be updated or re-rendered for the site. There is so much that goes into keeping up with a single MAJOR league, keeping up with dozens of minor leagues is quite the feat.

I don't know if this has been done, but maybe assign certain people to keep up with each league.

3535rx3.jpg

One other thing: I'd say maybe expanding the amount of logos of European soccer teams on here - not just national teams, but club teams as well. Right now the only one I see on here is Blackburn Rovers. Given the rapidly increasing popularity of European soccer here in the U.S., I think that would be a worthwhile endeavour - moreso than, say, high schools, IMO.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

One other thing: I'd say maybe expanding the amount of logos of European soccer teams on here - not just national teams, but club teams as well. Right now the only one I see on here is Blackburn Rovers. Given the rapidly increasing popularity of European soccer here in the U.S., I think that would be a worthwhile endeavour - moreso than, say, high schools, IMO.

Not allowed to add any English club logos, I should really make a note of that on the league page

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived