2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

So lets make the entire conference suffer because LSU and Alabama happen to be the two best, and the conference is continually good. Sorry to the rest of the country, recruit better, coach better. Hate this SEC > All BS. They just happen to be the best in this little 6 year era. It's not a conspiracy, just deal with it.

The BCS sucks, okay.

Well, not a full conspiracy, but you can damn well put money on ESPN wanted to air LSU-Alabama themselves and used their power of the pulpit and purse to that effect.

I'm glad the Tide will be playing for the National Championship!!!! ROLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE!!!

Amen to that.

Cue the haters.

The system does suck, alot though.

Neither of you are real Alabama fans unless you've been on Finebaum.

Met him a couple of times in Birmingham does that count?

Close enough.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think of it this way... the Fiesta Bowl does make a pretty good consolation game with #4 Stanford and #3 Oklahoma State involved.

I'm also glad that Washington made a bowl game again and it's the Alamo Bowl, which is nice... But Baylor? Oh lord... I can just hope for someone to put glue on the field so RGIII doesn't rip the Huskies a new one.

Someone looks pretty dumb now.

It was a rumor. It turned out not to be true. Maybe I did look dumb, but at least I don't look like a prick.

Nah you do that pretty well too

Punching your desk and crying because a BETTER team made a BCS game is pretty low. There's nothing you can do about it, so give it a rest.

He won't since he has from now until Christmas to do so. Then the Clippers start playing and it will move to the NBA season thread.

I can't imagine TCU being able to get hyped about playing Louisiana Tech in the Poinsettia Bowl.

The Military Bowl gets my vote for most intriguing matchup - but Air Force vs. anyone is an intriguing matchup.

Why does Arizona State have to be the one saddled with #7 Boise State? Why?

Lights Out, normally I'd schedule a bet with you, but I have a feeling that it's a very bad idea. (might even do it just for the :censored: of it, because I'm a masochist like that :lol: )

----

For the BCS

1) Virgina Tech LOLWUT?

2) LSU beat Alabama... /NCG

3) Decently excited for the Rose and Fiesta.

4) Very excited to watch Clemson Clemson on their biggest stage yet.

---

Also 6-7 UCLA gets a bowl game... Against a 6-6 Illinois team that lost its last six games... in a cold/wet baseball stadium... Mark your calenders folks.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It was a rumor. It turned out not to be true. Maybe I did look dumb, but at least I don't look like a prick.

Punching your desk and crying because a BETTER team made a BCS game is pretty low. There's nothing you can do about it, so give it a rest.

He won't since he has from now until Christmas to do so. Then the Clippers start playing and it will move to the NBA season thread.

I know right, good thing Boise is irrelevant in basketball or else we'd have hundreds of posts about the Broncos in there too!

I know right, good thing Boise is irrelevant in basketball or else we'd have hundreds of posts about the Broncos in there too!

Meanwhile, Cleveland is irrelevant in every sport, yet you continue to grace us with your presence. :rolleyes:

Cause this discussion has to do with Cleveland.

Can't wait to see how the media plays up the Gator Bowl.

LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME LET'S HAVE AN URBAN MEYER TIME

You post about Akron winning the College Cup. GTFO.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Meanwhile, Cleveland is irrelevant in every sport, yet you continue to grace us with your presence. :rolleyes:

Just suspend them all when a sport consisting of one of their teams is in season.

If it's in the CCSLC boards, it will eventually have to do with Cleveland. There should be some sort of scientific law about that.

SuperSig1.png

:upside:

I've got no problem with a LSU - Bama final... they're clearly the best two teams. If OSU wanted to get in, they should have beaten Iowa St.

Thank you!

/awaits not playing in conference championship rebuttle.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

SuperSig1.png

:upside:

I've got no problem with a LSU - Bama final... they're clearly the best two teams. If OSU wanted to get in, they should have beaten Iowa St. played an SEC schedule.

Sorry, have to fix that for you.

Please. Just stop. Why some posters feel the need to have a shtick is beyond me, but it gets rather annoying.

If it's in the CCSLC boards, it will eventually have to do with Cleveland. There should be some sort of scientific law about that.

Gilbert's Law.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived