Sports Teams that Need to Rebrand Their Color Scheme

piratesfan16

Something I have to say about the OKC Thunder.... Personally, I don't think they should just change, rather they should just drop at least one of the 4 colors they have and use a color scheme based off of what they had.

Maybe:

- Navy/Orange

- Orange/Gold

- Light Blue/Orange

- Navy/Orange/Gold

.... one of those would be ok.

Of course, if they want to look "Oklahoman", maybe go do a deep red color with gold/yellow?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think at least three teams in all the major sports in the US need to ditch blue. The NBA itself has almost half of the league featuring blue in their color schemes.

The Timberwolves should swap their blue for green. Tell me that this is not better.

154345_458936441038_704646038_6074352_6220022_n.jpg

Eagels- Drop the teal and go with kelly green

This has me very confused. In no way do I see teal in the Eagles' color-scheme. Am I missing something?

ColorWerx will tell you that the Eagles official color is actually called Dark Teal, or something like that, if memory serves me correct.

It'd be better if you replaced the black with blue.

lol. That doesn't remedy the overuse of blue in the league.

I think the green, black and silver looks sharp, and it is unused in the NBA. The secondary logo also looks a bit funky using just blue and green.

This has me very confused. In no way do I see teal in the Eagles' color-scheme. Am I missing something?

ColorWerx will tell you that the Eagles official color is actually called Dark Teal, or something like that, if memory serves me correct.

Wasn't/isn't it called Midnight Green?

lol. That doesn't remedy the overuse of blue in the league.

I think the green, black and silver looks sharp, and it is unused in the NBA. The secondary logo also looks a bit funky using just blue and green.

I know it doesn't remedy the overuse of blue, but if one team could do green and blue, it's the Timberwolves. The secondary would look great if it was blue, green, and silver, IMO.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Baltimore Ravens. For some reason they are almost impossible to make a concept around because their color scheme is just so confusing and annoying!

Black, purple and gold. Wow. What a mess.

I want to see them in primarily black, with dark purple and gray trim so badly, I'm almost ready to learn how to make concepts.

Also, how awesome would the Timberwolves look in the green and silver/gray that Funkatron posted, plus throw in some brown?

Yeah, I'm kind of a literalist when it comes to team colors.

I think at least three teams in all the major sports in the US need to ditch blue. The NBA itself has almost half of the league featuring blue in their color schemes.

The Timberwolves should swap their blue for green. Tell me that this is not better.

I'd go with a more forest approach, but yes. This. xFive Million.

Ducks- Bring back purple and teal

It's not :censored: ING teal. It's jade. Call it green if anything.

If you're not going to call the Mighty Ducks' color Teal, then you can't call the Mariners' "Northwest Green" Teal either.

They're the same color.

I'm not doubting you, since this is your niche, but can I get a comparison? Because that seems odd to me.

I always saw the Mariners teal in the 90s to be brighter (almost closer to the early Sharks teal) and the Ducks color to be greener. Could be a case of same Pantone value but different fabric representation?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Baseball it's the BLUE Jays and Astros for me:

I like the jays current logo, I would just like to see it with more blue and less black/graphite. For Houston I'd like to see a return to Blue and Orange as well.

As for the Brewers using more gold...have you see the 2002 National League All-Star uniforms? After seeing those you won't want to see a Brewers gold alternate.

I agree that the Wolves need to bring back green but not as their primary color. They need to just bring back these uniforms (the best they've ever worn, IMO):

mike_miller_new_jersey.jpg

Agreed.

Why did these ever leave?

The color is midnight green:

PhiladelphiaEagles_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

MLB:

I kind of wish the BoSox would emphasize red more. I think the bluer road uniforms they switched to a couple of years ago was a downgrade.

I wish the Royals would use gold somewhere, at least in an alternate form.

Brewers: Same as KC. Use gold a little more, at least in an alternate form.

Mets: Drop the black. I liked it for most if the time, but it's time to go. Bring back the (just) blue and orange.

Pirates: I think they should incorporate their red somewhere. I actually didn't mind their red vests so much.

Red Sox: Agree to an extent.

Royals: Heh, a little gold trim on the royal blue alts would look pretty good.

Brewers: How can they use gold any more than they currently do? Gold lettering doesn't look as good on a baseball jersey as one might think. They use it for the drop shadow and trim everywhere, so it's fine.

Mets: Agree.

Pirates: Not a chance in hell they should ever bring red back into the fold. They've tried it twice in the last 15 years and it's failed both times. Black and gold. That's all they need.

Ducks- Bring back purple and teal

It's not :censored: ING teal. It's jade. Call it green if anything.

If you're not going to call the Mighty Ducks' color Teal, then you can't call the Mariners' "Northwest Green" Teal either.

They're the same color.

I wish Blackhawks fans would get really buttshook if anyone ever accused the team of wearing red. DO NOT SAY RED IN ASSOCIATION WITH US, WE ARE SCARLET OR CRIMSON OR SOMETHING. Wait, no I don't.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

OK, it's not better. :P

Except that it is. Much better in fact. Nice work.

BB52Big.jpg

The color is midnight green:

PhiladelphiaEagles_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

The color description for the Eagles' Midnight Green translates to "Deep Teal":

PhiladelphiaEagles_FRC_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

Archived