NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

Tweeted by Mike Brophy of Sportsnet:

Now hear the Sabres could make Brad Richards a huge, front-end loaded deal in neighborhood of 8 yrs and $60 mil with $50 mil in first 5 yrs
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And why is the Ehrhoff deal any different then the Kovalchuk deal with all the up front money? I fully understand this is the GDNHL but I would expect this one to be nixed too.

Term. It's 7 years shorter, and he'll be a lot younger when it finishes.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

San Filippo says it's a done deal in Pittsburgh and they have a web page ready to push live around noon.

Meanwhile Holmgren says the Flyers have internally decided not to pursue Stamkos.

And why is the Ehrhoff deal any different then the Kovalchuk deal with all the up front money? I fully understand this is the GDNHL but I would expect this one to be nixed too.

Term. It's 7 years shorter, and he'll be a lot younger when it finishes.

I realize that, but I thought the NHL stated they were going to crack down on contracts with a huge disparity between the money at the front and at the end.

I think an important difference between the Ehrhoff deal and the Kovalchuk deal is that Ehrhoff will be 38 when the contract expires and Kovalchuk would have been 44. Not unusual for people to play to 38, but very unusual to play to 44. The NHL let some goofy contracts through before they put their foot down with Kovalchuk, so they're somewhat limited in what they can object to now.

I hope Blackhawks fans feel better about Seab's deal after seeing what Wiz got. Good lord.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You gotta overpay when you're not a perennial playoff team. I like the signing.

Really? Thats a lot of scratch for a guy that is a career +5.

He would've gotten similar offers anywhere else. Like I said, you gotta overpay when you're us.

He's also in his mid 20's which is when defenseman start to come into their own. The Blue Jackets have long needed a a puck mover on the blue line, help on the power play, and a right handed shot from the point. Wisniewski can bring those things.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Please Feaster wrangle up Jan Hejda. Promote the Stampede like no one before you ever has, give him free tickets to the Rodeo, Chuckwagon Races and Grandstand show every night.

EDIT: Throw in the midway as well. Don't need the Stampede's prices putting a big dent in his paycheck.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Well, that was a huge-ass letdown.

In Shero I still trust.

But if only...

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Archived