2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best example of Bears football in one sequence was when late in the game the Bears caught a break - the Packers accidentally ended the play out of bounds to stop the clock, and it was 3rd down. The Bears then had the wrong personnel on the field and had to burn a precious timeout because of disorganization.

The dumbest team in professional sports.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That holding call on that brilliant, Bears punt return was crap. But that sure was an awesome play. I'm very surprised it worked that well.

Mike Carey's crew was calling that game. That means no plays over 10 yards allowed. Ever. Period. If Mike Carey is the referee, you can count on a :censored:-load of penalties.

Case in point: In their first preseason game against the Packers, the Browns had six penalties. The Packers had seven. In their second preseason game against the Lions, who had six penalties in their first preseason game, the Browns had 14 penalties and the Lions had 12. So what happened? Did both the Lions and Browns suddenly get really sloppy? Maybe, but my bet is it had something to do with Mike Carey's crew calling the game. I don't know if Carey's crew is the best or worst crew in the NFL. All I know is if his crew is calling the game, you can bet on seeing a lot of flags. He ruins football games.

BB52Big.jpg

Someone explain to me how the hell there was a hold there. Please? What were they thinking? "Oh, well, that play was so sexy that we better find a way to ruin it. Hey, let's call holding on a guy who NEVER TOUCHED A :censored:ING SOUL THE WHOLE PLAY!"

Anyways, infrared41 is right. That refereeing crew was downright atrocious. That play where Cutler threw a perfect pass ahead of Hester, but Charles Woodson basically lied in front of Hester, tripping him and preventing a touchdown: how in the world was that not pass interference.

And the Packers played the dirtiest, game I've ever seen. That late hit Erik Waldon had on Cutler? Absolutely brutal. And Sam Shields, my god! He played dirty the whole game. That shove fight he instigated with Hester (that should've been pass interference, but he got away Scott free and Hester got hit with a personal foul!) And I almost forgot to mention that the Bears played a very classy game, the opposite of the Packers. When there was a Packer down on the field due to a kind of dirty hit by a Bear, the Bears' player would offer a hand to the Packer. And on the random kick return holding call on Corey Graham, he just walked off the field, not complaining, not saying a word. This team will win games. They play as a team.

If the referees would've known anything about the game of football, the final score is Bears 31, Packers 27 (both the kick return and no call where Woodson tripped Hester would have been touchdowns).

GO BEARS!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!1!1!!!!!!! :mojoto:

25yzwqg.png

Mike Carey's crew (Packers@Bears) have the longest games in the NFL. They must think that calling penalties are good for them to work in the post season. Man, they take the fun out of the game.

The Raiders should be 3-0, sold the game out today (in part to a 2-for-1 promotion for the Jets and Patriots games), and play exciting football. I don't know when the carriage will turn back into a pumpkin, but they are showing the progress which the Niners are not.

That holding call on that brilliant, Bears punt return was crap. But that sure was an awesome play. I'm very surprised it worked that well.

Mike Carey's crew was calling that game. That means no plays over 10 yards allowed. Ever. Period. If Mike Carey is the referee, you can count on a :censored:-load of penalties.

Case in point: In their first preseason game against the Packers, the Browns had six penalties. The Packers had seven. In their second preseason game against the Lions, who had six penalties in their first preseason game, the Browns had 14 penalties and the Lions had 12. So what happened? Did both the Lions and Browns suddenly get really sloppy? Maybe, but my bet is it had something to do with Mike Carey's crew calling the game. I don't know if Carey's crew is the best or worst crew in the NFL. All I know is if his crew is calling the game, you can bet on seeing a lot of flags. He ruins football games.

I was posting and had to take a call when you posted your comments. I used to like Mike Carey and his over mechanical penalty delivery, but I want Johnny "big butt" Grier back.

I'd say the Niners are the worst 2-1 team.

They are pretty close. Granted, it is a new coaching staff with less than eight weeks together, they are winning, but not "progressing". You can visibly see progress in Carolina

and in Oakland, but not with the Niners.

This was only their fifth non-divisional road win in the last eight seasons.

They have three recent, 1st Round picks on the OL and Frostie Rucker looked like First team All-Pro today. Their

best receiver, Vernon Davis has to chip block because the line is not very good. 1.7 yards/carry? Ugh.

Maybe it's the line, but I'm worried about Gore. Only about 142 yards rushing through 3 games. Maybe him and Hunter can form a tandem going forward. At least somehow, someway, we're in first. Hopefully Gore can get going against the Eagles next week. Even Jacobs abused them today, so if there is a team that he can run over, it's them.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The best example of Bears football in one sequence was when late in the game the Bears caught a break - the Packers accidentally ended the play out of bounds to stop the clock, and it was 3rd down. The Bears then had the wrong personnel on the field and had to burn a precious timeout because of disorganization.

It's not an official stat, but the Bears would have to lead the league in Timeouts Called Because There's One Second On The Play Clock And The Wrong People Are Facing The Wrong Direction And The Helmet Radio Is Broken And Oh God What's Happening. Apparently football is really hard.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's not an official stat, but the Bears would have to lead the league in Timeouts Called Because There's One Second On The Play Clock And The Wrong People Are Facing The Wrong Direction And The Helmet Radio Is Broken And Oh God What's Happening. Apparently football is really hard.

Since the Martz era began, the offense has had to burn timeouts at a maddening rate. They at least 1-2 times a game have the "pre-snap confusion/personnel/unconfident-in-called-play" timeout, and it always is a drive killer. This game featured a rare defensive tard-burst on that particular scenario, and they did a nice slow zoom on Lovie Smith on the sideline looking like he was worried for his job.

I wonder if Angelo would be the GM of any other franchise in the league.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Someone explain to me how the hell there was a hold there. Please? What were they thinking? "Oh, well, that play was so sexy that we better find a way to ruin it. Hey, let's call holding on a guy who NEVER TOUCHED A :censored:ING SOUL THE WHOLE PLAY!"

Anyways, infrared41 is right. That refereeing crew was downright atrocious. That play where Cutler threw a perfect pass ahead of Hester, but Charles Woodson basically lied in front of Hester, tripping him and preventing a touchdown: how in the world was that not pass interference.

And the Packers played the dirtiest, game I've ever seen. That late hit Erik Waldon had on Cutler? Absolutely brutal. And Sam Shields, my god! He played dirty the whole game. That shove fight he instigated with Hester (that should've been pass interference, but he got away Scott free and Hester got hit with a personal foul!) And I almost forgot to mention that the Bears played a very classy game, the opposite of the Packers. When there was a Packer down on the field due to a kind of dirty hit by a Bear, the Bears' player would offer a hand to the Packer. And on the random kick return holding call on Corey Graham, he just walked off the field, not complaining, not saying a word. This team will win games. They play as a team.

If the referees would've known anything about the game of football, the final score is Bears 31, Packers 27 (both the kick return and no call where Woodson tripped Hester would have been touchdowns).

Maybe if the Bears showed a little more punch they might have at least came close. Walden, yeah that was stupid, but honestly that's Shields job to get under Hester's skin, Hester going back and smacking Shields in the head was real classy, I don't care if he was "instigated" Hester should have just walked away. Also on that play where Woodson "tripped" Hester, that was a good non call I felt, Hester practically ran into him, I doubt Woodson who is a hell of a corner would just give up and trip a guy, they would have called it.

Also it's Packers/Bears. Deal with it, see ya on Christmas. ^_^

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Maybe if the Bears showed a little more punch they might have at least came close. Walden, yeah that was stupid, but honestly that's Shields job to get under Hester's skin, Hester going back and smacking Shields in the head was real classy, I don't care if he was "instigated" Hester should have just walked away. Also on that play where Woodson "tripped" Hester, that was a good non call I felt, Hester practically ran into him, I doubt Woodson who is a hell of a corner would just give up and trip a guy, they would have called it.

I know Woodson didn't intentionally trip up Hester, but it was still a blatant missed call in my eyes.

And I've got an assured feeling that Santa is going to leave a blowout win under Green Bay's Christmas tree on the 25th. <_<

25yzwqg.png

I know Woodson didn't intentionally trip up Hester, but it was still a blatant missed call in my eyes.

And I've got an assured feeling that Santa is going to leave a blowout win under Green Bay's Christmas tree on the 25th. <_<

I have to go back and watch the highlight of it. I honestly thought it was more a run in.

Well, we'll see. Still got ways to go.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Mike Carey's crew (Packers@Bears) have the longest games in the NFL. They must think that calling penalties are good for them to work in the post season. Man, they take the fun out of the game.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. And you're absolutely right, he and his crew take all the fun out of a game.

BB52Big.jpg

Since the Martz era began, the offense has had to burn timeouts at a maddening rate. They at least 1-2 times a game have the "pre-snap confusion/personnel/unconfident-in-called-play" timeout, and it always is a drive killer. This game featured a rare defensive tard-burst on that particular scenario, and they did a nice slow zoom on Lovie Smith on the sideline looking like he was worried for his job.

Hee hee hee hee hee.

Jay Cutler will also be a broken man in another year or two.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I got called out by a certain poster for saying Calvin Johnson was going to make his case as the top receiver in the league this year. I was told only Andre Johnson can be mentioned. Calvin is making a pretty strong case so far, huh? 6 TDs through 3 games and an amazing catch in overtime to set up the game-winning field goal.

09000d5d8228ad7d_gallery_600.jpg

MegatronSig2.jpg

That Bears fake punt return thing was definitely very cool...you know until the whole holding thing happened...

Looking back, it was so good it even fooled the camera man. The camera was focused on Hester until Knox got to about the 50 yard line. What an awesome play.

25yzwqg.png

The Eagles are just sandbagging, right? They're lulling everyone to sleep before they start playing like a "dream team." Two injuries in two weeks for Michael Vick. How's that Kolb trade looking right now?

Still OK with the Kolb trade, but jesus our defense sucks. Having the OL coach be the new defensive coordinator then not giving him any LBs or safeties to work with was super SMRT. I could tackle better than those guys did today. As for Vick, he could be out 2-3 weeks unless he can play with a cast. He also hinted at the refs being racist in his postgame conference, saying they continue to hold onto the yellow flags when he's getting smashed in the pocket while guys like Manning and Brady get calls just for being sneezed on...

I got called out by a certain poster for saying Calvin Johnson was going to make his case as the top receiver in the league this year. I was told only Andre Johnson can be mentioned. Calvin is making a pretty strong case so far, huh? 6 TDs through 3 games and an amazing catch in overtime to set up the game-winning field goal.

That's a great 3 game stretch; Andre has put up 1,000+ yards and 8+ TDs the past 3 years. He is the all time leader in receiving yards per game, the only player besides Jerry Rice to lead the league in receiving yards back to back years ('08 and '09), and is the only player in NFL history with at least 60 reception in each of his first 8 seasons. He's also led the league in receiving yards per game 3 of the last 4 years (finished 2nd in '08). Three great games, or even a whole great year isn't going to erase any of that. I'm a fan of Calvin Johnson, but he's not on Andre's level

Andre>Calvin

Archived