Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah these are pretty boring and really slapping on a leaf everywhere looks out of place. We know you play in Canada why shove it in everyone's face? You dont see every US team putting stars in every logo for no reason.

Shut-Up-Graphic-09.jpg

A bit harsh, yes, but let us gush dammit!

spacer.png

While I still think the early 1990s remains their best look (particularly the all-blue hat), it would be hard to complain about this. These uniforms are tremendous and the Blue Jays have their identity back. The road gray is right up there among the best gray jerseys in MLB.

Thank you Blue Jays for taking your first positive uniform step since adding the all blue cap in the early 90s!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

*Jaw-drop*

Best uniforms and identity as a whole in the league now. Absolutely stunning. That hat is mine. :D

Standing-O, Toronto. Standing-O.

QFT. QFT.

This is one of the best uniform revisions I've seen in my life time.

AWESOME

You know we fans quibble a lot about how sports marketing seems to be tone deaf, (the Seahawks neon-green jerseys, one of the lowest moments of my career as a Hawk fan), but here we have a stunning example of a team that listened to its fans, took its time to make sure they got their decision right and then unveiled a stunning look that embraces history, while providing a nod to the future as well.

I will be buying their merchandise with gluttony. It's great, because I haven't bought any Jays gear in years and it feels good to support the franchise this way again.

They managed to wear throwbacks without actually wearing throwbacks, which is about as good as it gets considering that they got it right the first time around. Not really too surprised with what we've seen uniform wise, but it's perfect for the club. The Blue Jays look like the Blue Jays again. NICE!

Yeah these are pretty boring and really slapping on a leaf everywhere looks out of place.

No it doesn't.

wcq5l2h3sugh536gzg9pqya8e.gifsx4rcd9ep8ecty3mrs5x6qag9.gifoc3tlmem3ptof3z503ih1hcfv.gif

We know you play in Canada why shove it in everyone's face?

They're the only Canadian team in the league. They're unique. Why not promote that?

I don't mind the Blue Jays doing it, as they're now MLB's only Canadian franchise -- but when the Winnipeg Jets and every other MiLB starts doing it, it borders on "overkill".

6uXNWAo.png

Seriously? No one?

Pretty close indeed. ;)

Welcome back Phil :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow, this is the first time a new uniform has given me chills. I've been a Blue Jays fan as long as I can remember, and for the first time in a long time they look like they should. I'm very happy right now.

I love the decision to use one cap only. The fact that the cap looks so nice helps, but the idea that one cap represents one team brilliant. The logo, the wordmarks, the color scheme - all fantastic. Someone said that the word "upgrade" doesn't do this set justice, to which I wholeheartedly agree.

Everything Toronto has done with this has been perfect. This is one of the greatest upgrades in uniform history.

Bold statement, get it? ^^

Yeah these are pretty boring and really slapping on a leaf everywhere looks out of place.

No it doesn't.

wcq5l2h3sugh536gzg9pqya8e.gifsx4rcd9ep8ecty3mrs5x6qag9.gifoc3tlmem3ptof3z503ih1hcfv.gif

We know you play in Canada why shove it in everyone's face?

They're the only Canadian team in the league. They're unique. Why not promote that?

Im hoping my Indians add a big obnoxious star right on top of chief wahoo's head.

Archived