NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 2)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3. Tennessee - Navy over Baby Blue is horrible

The Titans would have one of the top looks in the league if they went with this as their home uniform...

eddie_george_action_photofile.jpg2834424_display_image.jpg

and this for their road uniform...

Ravens_Titans_Football_90490_game.jpg

Instead, they usually go with awful combinations of the two...

NFL-2008-Tennessee-Titans-Offense.jpgChris-Johnson.jpg487662.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

The New York TitanJets' look is amazing. its what all the traditionalist on here want. and the colors work great together. Why all the hate?? Yes, this look isn't for the Jets, and they over do it, but if this was a totally different team, like a brand new franchise, they would be considered gods around here for starting out with that

The New York Titan Jets' look is amazing. its what all the traditionalist on here want. and the colors work great together. Why all the hate?? Yes, this look isn't for the Jets, and they over do it, but if this was a totally different team, like a brand new franchise, they would be considered gods around here for starting out with that

How do you know that it's what all the traditionalists on here want ... Have you conducted a poll or taken a survey?

I'm a traditionalist and I don't like them either ... they have no appeal to them. They wore them them for 3 seasons in a new league in its infancy while playing in a decrepit stadium while their new one in Queens was being built. The J-E-T-S had no identity until the name change and stadium move, and then Namath. Half the AFL teams just threw jerseys together the first few years that even the Goodwill wouldn't have wanted. NY Titans, Buffalo, Oakland, Denver wore very plain uniforms which gave no team-identity to them in the very early years.

If the Bills brought back the '60-'61 silver helmets (with only numbers on the sides), silver pants with the Honolulu blue jerseys from 1960 and 1961 I would hate it, so I can totally relate the the NYJ fans frustration with the Titan set.

Is it just me or are the Jets really over-doing the Titans thing? Seems like they wear em just as much as they do their Jets stuff.

You must be remembering the AFL tribute year, because other than that they've only worn them a handful of times. Maybe those games just get more exposure.

The Vikings are the worst uniforms in the NFL. The Chargers, Falcons, Cardinals, and 49ers are up there too.

Fixed B)

Disagree.

Worst

1. Jaguars

2. Cowboys

Can't believe I left out the Jags...ugh.

1. Vikings

2. Falcons

3. Cardinals

4. Jaguars

I strongly disagree about the Titans though. Carolina Blue and Navy Blue work very well together.

I like the Navy Jersey and Carolina Blue pants combo. I guess we always disagree on your Top 3. Heck, those jerseys are my newest from my collection. I love the Vikings newer threads. In fact, I would put all three of them in the Top 10 Best NFL uniforms.

spacer.png

2834424_display_image.jpg

NFL-2008-Tennessee-Titans-Offense.jpg

487662.jpg

These are my favorite looks from the Titans. I really like the monochrome look of the Carolina Blue, but then again, the Navy Blue is not that bad. The road uniform is almost perfect.

spacer.png

The New York TitanJets' look is amazing. its what all the traditionalist on here want. and the colors work great together. Why all the hate?? Yes, this look isn't for the Jets, and they over do it, but if this was a totally different team, like a brand new franchise, they would be considered gods around here for starting out with that

Very true. If this was a new team, I'd say at least 70% of the people on here would be drooling over these uni's. I love them!!!

09000d5d813b04dd_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d812f1399_gallery_600.jpg

(**)(**)(**)(**)(**)

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Very true. If this was a new team, I'd say at least 70% of the people on here would be drooling over these uni's. I love them!!!

(**)(**)(**)(**)(**)

'Drooling' ?

You must be having a laugh.

The roadies aren't quite as bad, they'd look better with a logo on the helmet, and I know just the one. Just needs mustard to keep #6 happy

wienerschitzel-1.jpg

I wouldn't be drooling over either one. Those look horrendous. The puke/navy color combo is easily the worst color scheme in the history of sports. The design is bland and uninspired, and the uniforms were originally worn by forgettable, mediocre teams during a period where the franchise went bankrupt. And apparently the fans hate them too. There is literally no redeeming quality to these throwbacks. It boggles the mind why they're still wearing them.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Despite what you may believe, there isn't a hard and fast line between what "traditionalists" like and what they don't like. I can't speak for all the "traditionalists" here, but I think it's safe to say that the only criteria we have for judging uniforms is whether they look good or not.

Painting people with such broad strokes doesn't add much to the conversation.

BB52Big.jpg

They look sort of like Baltimore Ravens fauxbacks.

I can't envision any scenario in which an expansion team would debut with varsity-serif dirty yellow numbers on navy blue and no helmet logo, and I'd say "they really hit a home run--or should I say scored a touchdown!--with these," so as usual I have no earthly idea what JohnnySeoul is going on about.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Titans would have one of the top looks in the league if they went with this as their home uniform...

eddie_george_action_photofile.jpg2834424_display_image.jpg

and this for their road uniform...

Instead, they usually go with awful combinations of the two...

NFL-2008-Tennessee-Titans-Offense.jpgChris-Johnson.jpg487662.jpg

I completely agree with you. White pants with a color top for the Titans. I hate the monochrome look for them and most other teams.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Maybe this belongs in Unpopular Opinions, but I actually like the current Vikings uniforms. I like how they've made the design echo the helmet horns. The only thing I'd change would be the font but it's not a big deal.

I like the Vikings newer uniform set too.

If you're gonna wear purple, wear purple. Before they changed it wasn't totally purple. It was like they were turning the switch from blue to purple but they didn't turn it completely. The new and real purple they now wear looks damn good in High Def and especially when outdoors in the sun. I have no problem with their template design. The previous one was extremely boring, when they wear 'em as throwbacks you can see just how boring they were.

They now look modern and did it without going over the top IMO. I even liked when they wore the mono purple .... and I usually hate mono uniforms

Tennessee: They looked good in 1999 with their new Titan identity after dropping the Oilers look .... They've ruined it since then with their light blue/dk blue shoulder yoke jersey with dark blue pants they wear ... it's one of the worst home uniforms in the entire NFL IMO ....

T_Nutten_000130_1_jpg_gallery_600.jpg

What is up with Rams players not showing any blue in their socks? They look like a bunch of college players. I do hope they get fined. Keep in mind I love baseball stirrups. :rolleyes:

I wondered the same thing. I hope for the same thing. But I dislike baseball stirrups.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I agree that the Navy/white pants uniform on the Titans looks the best. I would like to see them go back to wearing that set. Also I wouldn't mind seeing them wear the white jersey/white pants combo. I haven't seen them wear that set in a long time. Not every away game but once a season would be ok.

Archived