2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honest question, is there a 3-second lane violation in College ball?

There is but its one of those rules I would get rid of completely if I ran basketball or reduce it to just the semi circle around the basket.

The original justification for the rule I don't think applies anymore.

Afternoon games done, and not a single upset.

Good because I didn't have any.

The only two I thought about picking were Harvard over Vandy and Asheville over Syracuse. Glad I didn't take either though.

I had both Long Beach State and Montana for some God awful reason.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The fact is, you guys said there was no way in hell, and that it wouldn't be close. And now you're trying to discredit that I called this.

Win or lose, I think there should be some applause for the one man on this board who thought this would happen.

A broken clock may be right twice a day but that doesn't change the fact it's a broken clock and wrong the rest of the day.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Afternoon games done, and not a single upset.

Good because I didn't have any.

The only two I thought about picking were Harvard over Vandy and Asheville over Syracuse. Glad I didn't take either though.

I had both Long Beach State and Montana for some God awful reason.

Long Beach State was a legit choice. They are a very good team, and probably better than quite a few 7-11 seeds. They played UNC and Kansas very well earlier in the year (loosing by only 6 and 8 points). They also beat Pitt in Pittsburgh.

Sucks that they lost.... they were probably the best team Long Beach has had since 1973, and probably the best they will have for a while. (But the success this year could help with the recruiting)

I had Harvard, Long Beach State and West Virginia winning today...

The first two go down and West Virginia is losing to the proverbial red headed bastard stepchild of universities in the state of Washington.

And you can add Wichita State to that list. Damn Rams!

*Waits for the eventual 'No one cares about your bracket' line*

I wish the Valley didn't have their tournament this early. Teams tend to build up rust over the layoff.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived