#HAILSTATE

YELDARBfield

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is pretty poor. If you're big time you don't try stunts like this.

I'm a Mississippi State fan and I think this is hilarious.

Hey, we're #24 in Basketball. :P

#24 ... we're not talking about Jack Bauer, right?

I wonder, is allstate sponsoring the game at any level?

I saw, I came, I left.

This is pretty poor. If you're big time you don't try stunts like this.

So what were your thoughts on Clemson having "IPTAY" in an endzone?

I'd say IPTAY is acceptable only because its actually a school booster club from whenever. I think the hash tag on the sideline would have been fine. But it's creating buzz so good job.

Is anyone else surprised it took this long for a University to finally do this? I just don't think it is needed. The # tag is to encourage people to get it trending during the game. The problem is, with all the social media, with a lot of the players having Twitter, with most Universities and Programs having a Twitter and with school websites and emails, they could have got #Hailstate trending without putting it in the end zone.

For the most part, I am a traditionalist when it comes to just about anything sports related, however, this doesn't really upset me. I couldn't care either way.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

And yet, had they NOT painted it in the endzone, 1) would any of y'all be talking about it now; 2) would it have generated three pages of discussion up in here; and 3) would a thread have even been created about the promotion? And actually, I'll add a fourth: would anyone outside Starkville (besides Flame) even know about this? Sit back and ponder that one.

M-State knew exactly what it was doing by having that in the most visible place possible...their endzone. Plus, its a COLLEGE game, an annual rivalry grudge match--good on them for having some fun with it. The simple fact of the matter is that they knew what they were doing, and obviously, they achieved their objective.

#freepublicity

#neverunderestimateitspower

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Would it have been better if #hailstate was placed somewhere on the jersey instead as a one-off? Miss. State could even have a special unveiling with the gold numbers and what not.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

It will take Mississippi State years to live this down. And the worst part is that they are doing it for five minutes of popularity on twitter. They might as well put qr codes in the endzones.

Now that would be bold

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Silly question - what do you do with a hashtag? I just use Twitter for public transportation updates and my softball league updates, so hashtags don't really come in to play unless someone's just being a smart ass.

Is it that they want people to "search" for #hailstate? Or is it really just meaningless and just "something to tack on to your post"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So when a fifty-something year old with no knowledge of Twitter sits in the stands on Saturday and sees this in the end zone, what is he supposed to do?

Google what does # in front of something mean? Go here. That's what I did anyway.

#50yearoldstryingtofigureouthashtags

BB52Big.jpg

Silly question - what do you do with a hashtag? I just use Twitter for public transportation updates and my softball league updates, so hashtags don't really come in to play unless someone's just being a smart ass.

Is it that they want people to "search" for #hailstate? Or is it really just meaningless and just "something to tack on to your post"?

It's so you can see similar posts. So you can search #HailState, and see all the other MSU related posts with #HailState in them.

Everyone just be happy it wasn't played in Oxford.

6gkl8y.png

It's so you can see similar posts. So you can search #HailState, and see all the other MSU related posts with #HailState in them.

booom.png

Fixed.

So when a fifty-something year old with no knowledge of Twitter sits in the stands on Saturday and sees this in the end zone, what is he supposed to do?

Google what does # in front of something mean? Go here. That's what I did anyway.

#some29yearoldsdontknowwhathashtagsdoeither

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And yet, had they NOT painted it in the endzone, 1) would any of y'all be talking about it now; 2) would it have generated three pages of discussion up in here; and 3) would a thread have even been created about the promotion? And actually, I'll add a fourth: would anyone outside Starkville (besides Flame) even know about this? Sit back and ponder that one.

M-State knew exactly what it was doing by having that in the most visible place possible...their endzone. Plus, its a COLLEGE game, an annual rivalry grudge match--good on them for having some fun with it. The simple fact of the matter is that they knew what they were doing, and obviously, they achieved their objective.

#freepublicity

#neverunderestimateitspower

Well this just pretty much nailed it. I've come around to being a fan of it mainly because, FFS, it's college football. If they did this in the NFL, it'd be stupid & pandering since, knowing how that league is, they probably got paid for it and the hashtag would be one of those "sponsored" TTs over on the twitterwebzzz. But we're talking about a relatively minor rivalry game played by 18-21 year olds and a football program that's basically doing it for free publicity in the most hokey way possible. It's ridiculous, but most of college football is ridiculous to begin with (which is part of the reason why I love it so much), so I love it...for this game at least. Wouldn't wanna see it become a full-time thing (which it won't).

booom.png

Fixed.

100% approval rating from me on that one.

#some29yearoldsdontknowwhathashtagsdoeither

Me too. I had facebook for a few months until I realized I hate 95% of the people I know.

Archived