2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On kind of sad news, for those local Lakers fans, tonight's game was the last telecast on KCAL 9, regardless if the Nuggets force a Game 6. They've one of the Lakers broadcasting partners for 35 years. Through Showtime, Shaq and Kobe, then Kobe and Pau.

Really? I thought that if Denver forced a Game 6, KCAL gets that game. It's listed on the broadcast schedule on lakers.com.

No, they said on Sunday that that was KCAL's last telecast.

Well that makes me sad. I won't miss Jim Hill talking about the Lakers, but I'll miss KCAL.

Actually, they said last night that they made a mistake when saying that Sunday was KCAL's last telecast, so Game 6 is on KCAL and that is the final telecast.

Look at that. KCAL does have the game. Alright. One more memory for Channel 9 and the Lakers.

I wonder how they'll handle their sign-off (knowing they already did it)...

Seeing that reminds me of how much I hate the NBA non-reseeding format.

Same thing happened in the West last year, and only by luck did the 4/8 matchup end up being a fantastic 7-game series between Memphis and OKC. In general, it's not a great premise.

In regards to LAL/Denver - that was such a disconcerting performance in Game 5 by the Lakers. The conspiracy theorist POV might indicate they wanted six games to clear Artest for the second round, but Denver is as feast-or-famine as they've always been, and giving them fuel to prolong the series is just a bad idea altogether.

Part of the reason can be fluke things like Kobe ailments, too. Obviously far from the finish here, but Denver is a fantastic home team with an enormous chip on its shoulder. And if LA has to tire itself out in seven games to advance (should they advance), leaving them susceptible to OKC, well, they can only blame themselves. Denver is so fantastically deep, it's fun to watch.

spacer.png

Mourned this one as soon as Rose got hurt; it was a fait accompli from there. Collins gets a lot out of his guys. Good for him.

Bulls have seven playoff berths over the last eight years, but have only won three series and gone out in the first round five times. The post-Dark Age era is still kinda dim to me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A fitting end to the Bulls' season. To be honest, I didn't want to watch anymore 79-78 games, and I think win or lose anything they played would have been ugly. It was over when Rose got hurt. Glad it didn't drag out longer than it needed to. And I'm happy for Doug Collins. Here's to another East 8-seed making a Finals run in a lockout-shortened season.

Chris Andersen in all likelyhood done for the playoffs and probably has bigger problems on his hands now.

http://espn.go.com/n...searched-police

Really hope what this may entail is not true. Well documented that his been a very trobuled person, but this would put him in a very different light then just drug use.

I cannot see this ending well for him...things like this never turn out to be a big misunderstanding. I'd love to be wrong.

I guess he will now be the Birdman of Alcatraz.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Lakers are in big-time trouble, people.

Forget whether they can beat OKC or not. They could, not likely but I'd give them a 20% chance. However, Denver has absolutely TAKEN it to LA the past two games. Denver didn't have a lead in this series until Game 3 - LA hasn't lead since the end of Game 4. I expect a close game in LA for Game 7. Ty Lawson in particular looks unstoppable right now.

spacer.png

Pacers vs. Sixers.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

That's the kinda stuff that needs to happen to get me watching playoff basketball again. Seriously. Just chaotic, LOLWUT stuff like that.

I want to watch playoff basketball again, so please Indy and Philly...make it so.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Seeing that reminds me of how much I hate the NBA non-reseeding format.

Same thing happened in the West last year, and only by luck did the 4/8 matchup end up being a fantastic 7-game series between Memphis and OKC. In general, it's not a great premise.

In regards to LAL/Denver - that was such a disconcerting performance in Game 5 by the Lakers. The conspiracy theorist POV might indicate they wanted six games to clear Artest for the second round, but Denver is as feast-or-famine as they've always been, and giving them fuel to prolong the series is just a bad idea altogether.

Part of the reason can be fluke things like Kobe ailments, too. Obviously far from the finish here, but Denver is a fantastic home team with an enormous chip on its shoulder. And if LA has to tire itself out in seven games to advance (should they advance), leaving them susceptible to OKC, well, they can only blame themselves. Denver is so fantastically deep, it's fun to watch.

Yes they are. I was hoping their depth would be more of a factor this year with the condensed scheduling, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Eh, I wasn't really too disappointed last night after the Bulls lost. They went out earlier than I expected, but this season was over when Rose got hurt and everyone knew that. I predicted that there wouldn't be a Bulls/Heat conference final before the playoffs started, just didn't think it would be this early that either of them got knocked out.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived