2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

I cannot for the life of me believe that Rajon Rondo said in post-game interviews that he "accidently bumped" the ref, and that Doc Rivers defended that claim. Rondo bumped the ref twice, and the second time was blatantly intentional.

There probably was little to no harm intended but you just can't touch an official and Rondo clearly was the aggressor in that incident and he's probably looking at a one game suspension at minimum. I would hope that's all he gets because I just think he got too emotional and he did seem to be pretty quick to back down once he realized exactly what he did, so I wouldn't call it overly aggressive, but he still touched the official and that's a no no.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Rondo's excuse: "I thought he stopped." You thought he stopped? Wouldn't that mean you would stop too? and not chest bump an official?

And this is coming from someone would like to see Boston win.

As for the Grizzlies.............................

I DVR'ed the second half and just watched it this morning. I don't know how they blew that lead, with the way they utterly dominated the first three quarters. Even though the comeback took place without him, I'm eager to see how the Caron Butler injury affects LA's defense of Rudy Gay. Big props to Reggie Evans though. 13 rebounds off the bench and a very clutch bucket late.

Always knew the Grizzlies-Clippers matchup would be the most entertaining/memorable of the bunch. Hopefully it'll be able to equal the sheer intensity and joy of the Memphis-Oklahoma series last year.

So with the first weekend out, we know the people who were supposed to win won and the people we weren't sure about didn't. Sounds about right.

GR30a5H.png

First coaching casualty of the "offseason" and to shock of nobody its Paul Silas.

http://www.usatoday....ilas/54645842/1

Hard not to feel bad for the guy. Came into a next to impossible situation (Larry Brown couldn't even work with this crew) and then lost control of the team almost immediately at the start of this year. To make matters even sadder he really wanted to be in Charlotte. He went out of his way to make sure he was in line to get the job when it came up and I wouldn't be surprised if he never coaches in the NBA again either as an assistant or a head guy.

One game is fair. He is a repeat offender, so I could have seen him getting two games, but it's all good.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

One game is fair. He is a repeat offender, so I could have seen him getting two games, but it's all good.

Agreed. I was expecting 1 game, even 2 games would've been excessive, IMO. But yeah, the NBA basically just enforced the letter of the law here: Intentional contact with an official = vacation.

Barkley doesn't think the Knicks will win a game in the Miami series. Tend to agree with him.

Also judging by the way game two is going in the OKC/Dallas series I could see this going the full seven. Dallas in an eight seed in name only and they're pretty much taking everything OKC has to throw at them and are still attacking.

Barkley doesn't think the Knicks will win a game in the Miami series. Tend to agree with him.

Also judging by the way game two is going in the OKC/Dallas series I could see this going the full seven. Dallas in an eight seed in name only and they're pretty much taking everything OKC has to throw at them and are still attacking.

and theyre not even an 8 seed by name

These first two games in OKC have just been fantastic, close basketball affairs.

Thunder pulled out Game 1 on a a lucky last second shot. Can they pull out another last minute comeback?

UPDATE - Yes. And they lead 2-0 despite only having outscored Dallas by four points in the two games. Great basketball, hope it continues in Dallas.

spacer.png

So... Did anyone hear about the "impact" Amare Stoudemire made in Miami tonight? :rolleyes:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7875526/2012-nba-playoffs-amare-stoudemire-new-york-knicks-injures-hand-loss

I guess he thought the sign said break glass in case of choking.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

So... Did anyone hear about the "impact" Amare Stoudemire made in Miami tonight? :rolleyes:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7875526/2012-nba-playoffs-amare-stoudemire-new-york-knicks-injures-hand-loss

I guess he thought the sign said break glass in case of choking.

Why would the Heimlich maneuver be sealed with glass?

Don't try humor. You suck at it.

Prime Ticket re-aired the 4th quarter of the Clippers' game from last night.

Wow.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Carmelo's been nothing but kryptonite for the Knicks. Lin down, Shumpert down, Chandlers sick, Amare injures himself in the stupidest way possible. It's just bizarre; I guess he's doing okay with his 26 shots since he's now the only guy left in NYC to make a difference.

A sweeps happening.

GR30a5H.png

Technically it should just be some pane of glass, not an apparently latino fire extinguisher.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Basketball players are such pussies.

Amare cuts his hand, and now he can't play? Then there's Chris Paul whinning about cutting his lip after a victory.

Wayne Simmonds got drilled in the face and kept playing and acted liked it was no big deal.

NBA players need to man up.

Archived