2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

Karma's a :censored:, Amare-you're getting what's coming to ya, traitor!

-Phoenix Suns fan for life here

Ummm... what? Firstly, Amar'e left in free agency, which he had every right to do. Secondly, the Suns organization didn't really have any major loyalty to Amar'e, because they almost traded him several times beforehand... so why should Amar'e be loyal to them? Thirdly, Nash stayed loyal to the Suns and still has zero rings to show for it in the twilight of his career (although, isn't he a "traitor" for leaving Dallas in free agency?)

The trend of demonizing any player that signs with any team other than the one that drafted him in FA needs to stop.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... Did anyone hear about the "impact" Amare Stoudemire made in Miami tonight? :rolleyes:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7875526/2012-nba-playoffs-amare-stoudemire-new-york-knicks-injures-hand-loss

Basketball players are such pussies.

Amare cuts his hand, and now he can't play?

Well, yeah. The hand is kind of important to playing basketball, and Amare presumably cut it deep enough to require stitches, since he did punch through glass. So no, putting the hand through a full contact sport like basketball at this point is indeed inadvisable for risk of aggravating the injury, while at the same time having a hand limited by injury critically hinders Amare's ability to contribute constructively to the Kincks.

/Lot of stupidity going around in this thread right now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Amare injured is still more effective than other players who could step into the lineup. He can still use his size to be effective on defens and If he can move his hand he can hold the ball and get some short range shots off.

He should atleast dress and give it a try. This is the playoffs you need to tough it out.

Amare injured is still more effective than other players who could step into the lineup. He can still use his size to be effective on defens and If he can move his hand he can hold the ball and get some short range shots off.

He should atleast dress and give it a try. This is the playoffs you need to tough it out.

He could also easily re-open the aforementioned wound, may have done some damage to hand tendons and ligaments, and no, when you are that hobbled you are more of a liability than a healthy backup. This isn't like hockey where your tough manly-man players get to have protective gloves on their hand and only really need the range of motion that is required to hold a stick.

As for this being the playoffs and being obligated to tough it out, this is a 2 vs 7 series in which the 7 seed in two games with a healthy Amare has shown little if any ability to actually challenge Miami; the Knicks have no chance of winning this series so from a meta-scale perspective it's in New York's best interests to keep him out so the hand can heal. Hockey can get away with that excuse because in hockey a hot goalie can bail out an otherwise :censored: team against a superior opponent. The same is not true in basketball.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You realize that just the sweat from the basketball or touching his teammates and/or his opponents could lead to an infection, right? Just because you can doesn't mean you SHOULD.

GR30a5H.png

I really don't know why people would even think Amare could go with a bandaged hand. Even a bad finger can put you on the DL in basketball.

Its not like a linebacker where you can just wrap it. You need both of your hands on nearly every play especially if your an interior player.

If the Knicks can somehow get to the second round he might be able to return but I would say with near certainty he's out for the rest of the series against the Heat.

Also Gregg Popvich COY.

Celtics grab a huge victory over the Hawks in game 2 without Rondo or Ray Allen. Paul Pierce with a big night.

And it was expected that the Bulls would be weaker without Rose but I don't think I expected this. 102-82 Sixers with 3 minutes remaining.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

On a scale from 1-"Triple OT loss vs. the LeBron-&-Wade-less Heat", this is about a 9 on the unofficial Embarrassing Atlanta Hawks Losses Scale.

The Bulls looked to be doing pretty good in the first half. Then I fell asleep and wake up and they're down by 20. So I missed pretty much all the bad part. I still think they'll be able to put it together and get past the Sixers. Anything after that might be lucky though.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Bulls looked to be doing pretty good in the first half. Then I fell asleep and wake up and they're down by 20. So I missed pretty much all the bad part. I still think they'll be able to put it together and get past the Sixers. Anything after that might be lucky though.

I can't see how they could possibly be the same team without Derrick Rose in the lineup.

I don't care how many games they played without him this year or what their record was. Playoffs are a different beast. I think they will still win the series but its going to be far from a cake walk now.

As for the Hawks I don't what the deal is with them. They just can't seem to string together consistently solid performances and the learning to win or this is a young team excuse doesn't fly anymore. They look like a poor man's version of the early 2000's Sacramento Kings. They have everything it takes to win an NBA title except a killer instinct.

He could also easily re-open the aforementioned wound, may have done some damage to hand tendons and ligaments, and no, when you are that hobbled you are more of a liability than a healthy backup. This isn't like hockey where your tough manly-man players get to have protective gloves on their hand and only really need the range of motion that is required to hold a stick.

As for this being the playoffs and being obligated to tough it out, this is a 2 vs 7 series in which the 7 seed in two games with a healthy Amare has shown little if any ability to actually challenge Miami; the Knicks have no chance of winning this series so from a meta-scale perspective it's in New York's best interests to keep him out so the hand can heal. Hockey can get away with that excuse because in hockey a hot goalie can bail out an otherwise :censored: team against a superior opponent. The same is not true in basketball.

All I know is that hockey players are the roughest, toughest people around. Cam Gordon of any Canadian junior hockey team would've played.

I came back to the TV way late from halftime and thought the score said 67-63 or some such with the Bulls up. The Bulls are missing free throws and the 76ers are scoring and I'm not quite locked into the game yet, and I'm thinking Philly's on a little run and went up 69-67 or something. But when the 76ers scored what in my mind was their 70th point or so, I realized that it had actually flipped to 90 and something very bad had happened while I was away. I let out something unprintable and flipped to the Cardinals-Brewers game. Guess I should have gone to the HDTV. Or watched on TNT. The CSN Chicago scorebug isn't great for distinguishing 6s and 8s, apparently.

As someone else said, aftershocks. That's a lost game, but I think they can get it together.

Did I just wake up in the Donaghy era? This is one of the worst-officiated games I have ever seen. The league really is desperate to stretch this series out.

Please be consistent. You did not say a peep when then-new MWC member Boise State got to host defending (and STILL) MWC champion TCU at home after TCU decided to leave the MWC and Boise was given a gift PI in their final possession only to miss a kick.

The NBA is not desperate to make this series long as they know the CCSLC does not want you to b*tch any longer in which the Clippers last, Del Negro or not.

At least the NBA is consistent. The game was poorly officiated. Just like every other NBA game this season. Officiating this season has regressed for some reason. Every game, I see bad calls that go against both teams.

Last night's Lakers-Nuggets game had one play where Brewer had a breakaway and Sessions was chasing him. Ramon just flew past him, didn't even touch Brewer, yet Brewer missed the dunk then proceeded to flop and yell. He got the call. That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Then, I'm almost certain Gasol wasn't fouled one of the times he went the charity strike (can't remember the exact play). My point is, the NBA referees are some of the worst officials among the 4 major North American sports leagues.

The NBA should take a leaf out of the NFL's book and make their refs full-time employee's. During the off-season, they can review the rule book, and certain plays so refs call the game the same, every single game. It'd improve the game vastly, in my opinion.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Last night's Lakers-Nuggets game had one play where Brewer had a breakaway and Sessions was chasing him. Ramon just flew past him, didn't even touch Brewer, yet Brewer missed the dunk then proceeded to flop and yell. He got the call. That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Then, I'm almost certain Gasol wasn't fouled one of the times he went the charity strike (can't remember the exact play). My point is, the NBA referees are some of the worst officials among the 4 major North American sports leagues.

Cool. Not sure how one bad call and a no-call equates to a game where the home team gets a 39-18 free throw advantage, and a 17-1 fourth quarter free throw advantage at one point.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived