Oregon Rose Bowl uniforms

aawagner011

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That helmet just really doesn't go with the jersey.

This is Oregon we're talking about. I get the feeling they just draw the uniform combinations out of a hat before every game.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

duckshelmet-9jpg-fd2a30df22a937c7.jpg

christhomjpg-6946042b887b919e.jpg

I really hope the wings are more visable in game. I would hate for such an epic design to be wasted because it wasn't visable enough.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Ahw1rBfCIAAa2w0.jpg

You know, ever since I saw the above, the shoulders were reminding me of something. I finally found it...

Now if the team were called the Terrapins they would make sense...

Really? I get more of this feel:

eric_bana_and_orlando_bloom.jpg

And it looks just about as ridiculous too.

Uhg... I'm so sick of people posting loosely reminiscent, hardly similar, convoluted pictures in responses that "remind" them of things. It's getting old.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Ahw1rBfCIAAa2w0.jpg

Aaaand, there you go. The cartoony photoshop image makes every 11 year old boy yell "Sooo kwel!!!"... then here comes the actual jersey on an actual (frighteningly skinny) human, and they look like utter crap.

Good work, Nike.

Why are you so bitter? Did Kevin W hack into your account?

I don't see his point. A skinny young man wearing a football jersey. And this is somehow Nike's fault?

Uh, no. The fact that this kid is in desperate need of a pizza was clearly a secondary point. The main point was that, once again, the photoshop fantasy that gets intially released (and not just by Nike, if anything Addidas recent "superheroes in the rain" nonsense was probably worse) looks next to nothing like the on-field version. Its completely pointless to rave over an image of a uniform that only exists in cyber-form.

And I've obviously not been hacked by Kevin W... I've yet to cram in even one boring reference to Arizona.

I don't think they put together an effective total package with this one, but there are some really nice individual elements at play. The layered feather pattern on the shoulders is a fine idea, but Nike's execution of it here is a bit clunky in some places. TV numbers are welcome. The thing I see with the most potential is the color changing number material. They should have replicated that on the shoulder feathers and as the finish color of the helmet (it's really not that different than the finish on their standard helmet). I still don't like this numeral style. It's no better or worse than the tapered numbers, at least to me. Too much of an 'I did it because it looks cool' aesthetic for me. Come to think of it, that could describe the whole uniform. A little too much time spent saying, "You know what else would be sweet?" instead of crafting a well-balanced, perfectly coordinated uniform. The gloss black and silver helmet seems quite out of the blue, for example, and why keep the old wings on the helmet if you're replacing them with a different pattern o the jersey?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't think they put together an effective total package with this one, but there are some really nice individual elements at play. The layered feather pattern on the shoulders is a fine idea, but Nike's execution of it here is a bit clunky in some places. TV numbers are welcome. The thing I see with the most potential is the color changing number material. They should have replicated that on the shoulder feathers and as the finish color of the helmet (it's really not that different than the finish on their standard helmet). I still don't like this numeral style. It's no better or worse than the tapered numbers, at least to me. Too much of an 'I did it because it looks cool' aesthetic for me. Come to think of it, that could describe the whole uniform. A little too much time spent saying, "You know what else would be sweet?" instead of crafting a well-balanced, perfectly coordinated uniform. The gloss black and silver helmet seems quite out of the blue, for example, and why keep the old wings on the helmet if you're replacing them with a different pattern o the jersey?

I think this is a pretty good analysis of it. I personally love the helmet, but I know I'm in the minority. The one thing I don't like about it is the shoulder patterns. Even in the photoshopped pics, I was skeptica about them, but I thought they would turn out well regardless. Who knows, maybe the ingame lighting will make it look better, but right now it looks like a mess. I think the helmet, while a little out of place, will look good with the rest of the uniform because of how dark the green is. I think an all black uni would look better for this particular helmet though. Despite this, I think this is the best uniform Oregon has ever worn. I can't wait to see the entire set of these (Assuming these are our new permanent sets).

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

duckshelmet-9jpg-fd2a30df22a937c7.jpg

christhomjpg-6946042b887b919e.jpg

I really hope the wings are more visable in game. I would hate for such an epic design to be wasted because it wasn't visable enough.

so now the facemask isn't two-toned?....Jesus this is the most enigmatic helmet ever.

For people wondering how different the LiquidMetal finish is to a normal finish, I think this answers it. You are looking at what is essentially a black helmet, but it is so glossy it reflects almost as clearly as a mirror. You can see the window, table, and everything else in the room reflected on it. On the carbon fiber helmet next to it (also glossy), you can see a few light spots of glare. I think that is visible the difference.

I too would have loved to see it in green, I can only hope that comes next. And now that I've seen how faint the wings look on it, I'd be interested in seeing the helmet as is, minus the 'O' on the back, plus the normal yellow 'O' on the side (not so glossy). The wings can have the same effect as the barely visible ghost flames from helmets past, only they are much more relevant to the design than the flames were. They can be a sorta sublimated design feature, visible only up close or from certain angles.

If I had to bet, Oregon will roll out these unis in multiple colors in the spring with just a few minor tweaks based on feedback from this game. And no, they don't care about feedback from people on internet forums, they care what the players and Nike designers who designed them think.

Jerseys aren't too bad in my opinion. At least they're green and yellow and not anthracite and volt.

My reaction to the helmets however is very similar to LaMichael James on this roller coaster.

AhtPFMPCIAAk09L.jpg

That is priceless! Where did you get that?

Ah! They were so close to being perfect! I have been trying to think of ways that Oregon could use green and yellow majorly but still keep black and silver in a more minor way. That jersey is beautiful. The new font and mallard color thing is the best part, I'm honestly blown away by the color changing, and it looks pretty dang good too. If they used that effect on the shoulder wings it would be perfect. The helmet is what's holding everything back, the idea is admirable but I just don't think it is possible to execute it in a pleasing way. It's just to shiny and the wings just take up to much space. I feel a good way to incorporate the jersey elements on the helmet would be to have the O on the side of a green helmet, have the O with the mallard effect and outlined in yellow(like the numbers), and maybe a condensed version of that shattered wing design down the middle of the helmet. And to spice up the pants a bit, do the same condensed wing pattern down part of the pants. Even though it's not perfect, it's still really nice to not see volt in this new design and I can't wait to watch all of its interesting effects in the rose bowl.

maehl.png

Ah! They were so close to being perfect! I have been trying to think of ways that Oregon could use green and yellow majorly but still keep black and silver in a more minor way. That jersey is beautiful. The new font and mallard color thing is the best part, I'm honestly blown away by the color changing, and it looks pretty dang good too. If they used that effect on the shoulder wings it would be perfect. The helmet is what's holding everything back, the idea is admirable but I just don't think it is possible to execute it in a pleasing way. It's just to shiny and the wings just take up to much space. I feel a good way to incorporate the jersey elements on the helmet would be to have the O on the side of a green helmet, have the O with the mallard effect and outlined in yellow(like the numbers), and maybe a condensed version of that shattered wing design down the middle of the helmet. And to spice up the pants a bit, do the same condensed wing pattern down part of the pants. Even though it's not perfect, it's still really nice to not see volt in this new design and I can't wait to watch all of its interesting effects in the rose bowl.

I think an all black and silver uniform with that helmet would be gorgeous.

Archived