Oregon Rose Bowl uniforms

aawagner011

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa...the helmet looks completely different from the promo shots. I thought the wings and "O" were white. Hmmm...I don't like how it looks here either. That finish is still cool, but I still think the wings should have been yellow.

As for the jersey, it does look a great deal different from the promos as well, but I still like it. Seeing the number material in action now, I like it even more than I did yesterday. That material is really neat.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The press conference shots of the helmet are horrendous, IMO. The lighting is terrible and you can't see the chrome wing design. (Or maybe it's just that I'm not used to a reflective helmet from Oregon considering all the matte crap they pull out.)

Also, I truly wish the Ducks would just go with a real green like the "Fighting Ducks" jersey instead of the various shades of gray on the new jerseys. Maybe something similar to the green reflected in the numbers.

Either way, the idea is there and the chrome could be a neat idea.

I like them, really interested to see how this will transform in to next years set.

The number font is a huge improvement, hated the tapered look before. The mallard green on the numbers looks pretty cool.

The Helmet reminds me of the metallic mirror finish vanity license plates you can get with all sports logo's. Interested to see how it looks on the field.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

I think these uniforms are going to look different in every setting you see them in. It just seems these materials for the jersey and helmet are very sensitive to different light settings. I'm going to have to wait until we see them in natural light at the Rose Bowl to make a final decision on these. Still don't think they'll be anywhere near as good as the old uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'd like to see that helmet with a glossy green base and glossy yellow for the feathers. It almost looks mirrored based on the reflections that can be seen on it. I would definitely want to see how these look on the field under lights.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

In full light, I like the uni's more than I did yesterday...except the helmet. The liquid metal just doesnt work for me now. It seems odd to me that Nike goes with such a strong, bold new helmet design...then makes it nearly invisible. I dunno, maybe I'll like it in action.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Ahw1Gb0CQAA8UM9.jpg

Ahw0-t1CEAAC3H-.jpg

The defensive press stuff is today so we'll probably see more and more photos of the jerseys as the day goes on.

I hope the wings show up better on TV. In fact, if they were pure silver that would be cool. But from these pictures they look silver but faded. I don't like them in this light.

spacer.png

The helmet looks even worse than it did in the promo pics.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ahw1rBfCIAAa2w0.jpg

Aaaand, there you go. The cartoony photoshop image makes every 11 year old boy yell "Sooo kwel!!!"... then here comes the actual jersey on an actual (frighteningly skinny) human, and they look like utter crap.

Good work, Nike.

Well, in his defense, he's a corner so he's not huge to begin with and besides, every player looks much smaller without their pads on.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ahw1rBfCIAAa2w0.jpg

Aaaand, there you go. The cartoony photoshop image makes every 11 year old boy yell "Sooo kwel!!!"... then here comes the actual jersey on an actual (frighteningly skinny) human, and they look like utter crap.

Good work, Nike.

Why are you so bitter? Did Kevin W hack into your account?

The defensive press stuff is today so we'll probably see more and more photos of the jerseys as the day goes on.

It would seem that the photoshoot mockups do no translate well to the real world. Now considering the initial photoshoot promos looked just plain weird to begin with...

Well I will let Fluttershy say the rest...

I don't care if you do think these uniforms look bad; you sir have not only won this thread, but you have won ever single other thread that will ever be posted on this board for future generations to come. 11/10

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Ahw1rBfCIAAa2w0.jpg

Good work, Nike.

I don't see his point. A skinny young man wearing a football jersey. And this is somehow Nike's fault?

Ahw1rBfCIAAa2w0.jpg

Good work, Nike.

I don't see his point. A skinny young man wearing a football jersey. And this is somehow Nike's fault?

Clearly because everything is Nike's fault. :rolleyes:

Archived