2012 NFL Kickoff Game Predictions

DaRadniz29

Now that we know who is in the Super Bowl and there's a bit of break between now and the game, I thought it be might fun to see who you would want to see at the Thursday night Kickoff game on Sept 6.

For those that don't know, the Super Bowl winner hosts the Kickoff game. I've listed the Giants and Patriots home opponents.

If the Giants win the Super Bowl here are the teams they could host:

Cowboys

Eagles

Redskins

Saints

Buccaneers

Browns

Steelers

Packers

If the Patriots win the Super Bowl here are the teams they could host:

49ers

Bills

Cardinals

Colts

Dolphins

Jets

Texans

Broncos

I'll start it off:

Super Bowl Winner: Patriots

Kickoff Game opponent: 49ers

If the Patriots win, the Jets would probably be the best in terms of publicity and copy.

If its the Giants, possibly a repeat of the trick this year, and kick off with the last 2 Superbowl champs, or a division rival. In the NFC East its pretty much a wash as to which is best, probably Cowboys, but there is always heat around that division.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't believe the "Kickoff" game is ever a divisional match-up, so you can rule out seeing NBC favorites like the Jets, Eagles, Cowboys or Redskins.

It'll either be Giants vs. Packers/Saints or Patriots vs. 49ers/TeBroncs.

6uXNWAo.png

I don't believe the "Kickoff" game is ever a divisional match-up, so you can rule out seeing NBC favorites like the Jets, Eagles, Cowboys or Redskins.

In that case you'd probably be correct.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The lone exception was the 2008 Giants - Redskins match-up.

If Peyton is supposed to be under center in September when they make the schedule in April, bank on the Colts @ New England, otherwise SF. Then again, they could go with Tebow too or the imploding Jets, there's a lot of choices.

If the Giants win I'd go with Dallas.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I'll do it with odds. Just guessing.

If the Giants win

3/1 Giants vs. Green Bay

6/1 Giants vs. Dallas

12/1 Giants vs. New Orleans

20/1 Giants vs. Steelers

If the Pats win

4/1 Patriots vs. NY Jets

7/1 Patriots vs. Denver

10/1 Patriots vs. San Francisco

14/1 Patriots vs. Houston

24/1 Patriots vs. Miami - Could shoot all the way up to favorite if Peyton ends up there.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Of course the one year the Bucs won the Super Bowl, they ended up playing the first game of the regular season at Philly, but that was due to Lincoln Financial Field opening. If memory serves, just as the Bucs handed the Eagles their last defeat in the old Veterans Stadium, the Bucs also won the first game played at "The Linc". Nothing could have pleased me more either...

If the Pats win, it will be Denver because of Tebow. NBC didn't get a chance to televise a Denver game and get Tebow on their network this season. They will want that next season.

If the Giants win, it will be the Eagles. Just a hunch.

Why not have a rematch of this season's conference championships? 2 of the most intensely competitive games in recent memory?

49ers @ Giants

or

Ravens @ Patriots

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

If the Giants win, I'm going either Giants-Cowboys or Giants-Packers (match-up of the two previous Super Bowl champs, just like they did this year.)

If the Patriots win, I'm going 49ers-Patriots or Patriots-Colts if and only if Peyton is a Colt and plays.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

If the Pats win, it will be Denver because of Tebow. NBC didn't get a chance to televise a Denver game and get Tebow on their network this season. They will want that next season.

The game will be in New England... That is how the schedule rotation works

He didnt mean it as a game in Denver, he meant it as the Broncos playing on SNF.

Archived