2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they should've done away with all of those windows. They ruin what would otherwise be a great view of the city. Also, the more I look at it, the more I'm completely onboard with that obnoxious looking home run celebration in center field. It's a a lot better than that home run apple that was in Shea Stadium.

Those windows retract. The entire LF area opens up and you can walk on either side of the retractable windows.

Here is what it looks like: http://www.flickr.co...ino/6806239170/

They have a video of it on the Marlins' website. The windows are on a track. They open up in left-center and slide into the LF corner and CF, respectively. I think that will make a big difference in terms of brightening up the park when the roof is open.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So let's keep the A's in a frustrating financial situation only across the river from San Francisco rather than letting them move to a much better financial situation on the south end of the bay and much farther from San Fran. Screw the Giants. If San Jose wants a team of their own, and have the resources to succeed, why should another team be able to, single-handedly, say "no, you have to be part of our fanbase"? It's not as if each team in the league is voting at this point. It's MLB deciding one team's feelings are worth more than the success of another franchise and the desire of another city to have a team.

So let's keep the A's in a frustrating financial situation only across the river from San Francisco rather than letting them move to a much better financial situation on the south end of the bay and much farther from San Fran. Screw the Giants. If San Jose wants a team of their own, and have the resources to succeed, why should another team be able to, single-handedly, say "no, you have to be part of our fanbase"? It's not as if each team in the league is voting at this point. It's MLB deciding one team's feelings are worth more than the success of another franchise and the desire of another city to have a team.

MLB let the O's stop a DC team for years. This isnt new.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

It's only Spring Training, but....

Yesterday, the Braves only had one hit and lost 2-0. Today, they're currently losing 18-1 to the Tigers after 7 innings.

C'mon man!

Either the Braves suck (probably), or the Tigers are damn good! When I stopped listening in the 7th, they already had 8 homers.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

MLB let the O's stop a DC team for years. This isnt new.

But we're not talking about a team from a whole other market coming in. The A's are already in the same market. They'd just be moving to another part of it. It'd be one thing if they were wanting to move to within the San Francisco city limits, but they'd be moving to a different city.

Article has now been completely debunked by the Giants beat writer in SF of all people. Both Selig and Wolff have now come out basically said that Madden was full of crap. Undoubtedly his "source" was either his own brain, or if your the conspiracy type, someone within the Giants organization trying to rock the boat (which frankly reeks of desperation IMO if that was the case). Nothing to see here, move along.

As for why the Giants should just "give it away", they should do so because it was just given to them for nothing. But in the end it's not up to them, MLB will eventually dictate the terms of the deal and the Giants will have to play ball. It's just a matter of negotiating what those terms will be.

Oh and McCall, the A's are across the bay, not a river, from the Giants.

Doesn't matter - the principle is the same.

San Jose is assigned to the Giants' territory. That's one of the reasons that it sold for what it sold for, and why would the buyer just give that lucrative territory away?

The Athletics had the territory take from them (presumably with no reparations) when the Giants were considering leaving Candlestick in the '80s. The Commissioner can absolutely give it back to the A's without having to give the Giants a massive payment.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Don't know - I'll have to do more research on the history there.

I know that the Orioles were compensated for the "loss" of DC when the Expos moved south, even though the old Senators had welcomed them when they arrived from St. Louis.

My sense is that Wolff has never been that interested in Oakland, and that MLB views it as a much better market than he does.

Don't know - I'll have to do more research on the history there.

I know that the Orioles were compensated for the "loss" of DC when the Expos moved south, even though the old Senators had welcomed them when they arrived from St. Louis.

My sense is that Wolff has never been that interested in Oakland, and that MLB views it as a much better market than he does.

For a guy not interested in Oakland and the A's current territory he sure wasted a lot of time (6 years) and a lot of money researching, meeting and buying land at various sites in the east bay.

Does the new 2nd wild card team actually get credit for "winning" a wild card, or will that go to the winner of the play-in game?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think they should've done away with all of those windows. They ruin what would otherwise be a great view of the city. Also, the more I look at it, the more I'm completely onboard with that obnoxious looking home run celebration in center field. It's a a lot better than that home run apple that was in Shea Stadium.

Those windows retract. The entire LF area opens up and you can walk on either side of the retractable windows.

Here is what it looks like: http://www.flickr.co...ino/6806239170/

They have a video of it on the Marlins' website. The windows are on a track. They open up in left-center and slide into the LF corner and CF, respectively. I think that will make a big difference in terms of brightening up the park when the roof is open.

The left field view is probably my favorite part of the park.

Pretty good view of it here. I'm also digging the all green on the outside outfield wall, although I'll give it two months before its completely covered by ads. May or may not even make it to opening day.

Marlins_20120302_20.jpg

Archived