2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a year! First divisional championship for the Yotes and they finally don't have to play Detroit. I can't wait to hear the whining about how Bettman paid the refs and such. I just hope this will help in the search for an owner so the complaining can continue for years to come. Go Yotes! Bring on the Blackhawks!

PopHeading-1.gif

And Phoenix it is. Yeesh.

Incidentally, Minnesota has finished the season with 166 goals, the worst offense in the post-lockout era.

EDIT: and St. Louis with 155 allowed is the best!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nice job Yotes, now beat Chicago!

Seriously this year has been a nightmare for my teams against Phoenix area teams:

Giants lose the division to Arizona in a winnable race.

A former ASU player fumbles the game away for my 49ers against the Giants in the final 4.

ASU basketball stuns my Wildcats which torpedoed their chances of making the tourney.

Now the Coyotes shockingly beat out my Sharks for the division.

Just has been a tough year for me.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Does that mean he gets a PotD ribbon?

Anyhoo, the Leafs are picking fifth barring a lottery change. It seems kind of funny how the Panthers will hang a banner to celebrate a losing record. But hey, at least they'll be around to hang the banner.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It just isn't the same without the Maple Leafs in the playoffs. Oh wait...yeah it is. What a terrible deal that lockout was for the Leafs. :)

Hockey humo(u)r.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Toronto fans pay a fortune to support the Maple Leafs in vain so that the straggling backwaters can enjoy playoff tickets, free parking, four hot dogs, and four large Cokes with each purchase. In a way, the Maple Leafs live within us all. In another, more accurate way, the Maple Leafs are an unmitigated disaster drunkenly run aground by a blustery, flush-faced, caveman-mentality jerkass and don't belong in the playoffs anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Back to back President's trophies for the Canucks... how sick is that? :flagcanada:

Sick in the fact that it means absolutely nothing. You were the best regular season team two years in a row? Cool, how many Cups did you win? President's trophy means next to nothing if you don't win the Cup along with it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

With the new NHL TV contract and national availability of all games does this mean that RSNs no longer can carry the early rounds of the playoffs?

No, but they are only carrying the 1st rd this year.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Back to back President's trophies for the Canucks... how sick is that? :flagcanada:

So sick that you're going to need an entire RCMP battalion to put out the fires this year.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So sick that you're going to need an entire RCMP battalion to put out the fires this year.

What an original joke, I nominate for Post of the Day

Edmonton won the draft lottery and will have the #1 pick for the third straight year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived