Bears Orange Pants and Other "Surprises" in Madden 13

OldRamsFan

All that to say, orange pants are dumb anywhere but a video game.

How is this....

vg_madden13_3_576.jpg

more wrong than this?

nfl-2008-willie-parker-pittsburgh-steelers.jpg

Because in both pro and college football teams have worn gold, yellow, or silver pants with different colored helmets for years, making this an acceptable look. Any other colors, especially a BRIGHT orange, just don't look right.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because in both pro and college football teams have worn gold, yellow, or silver pants with different colored helmets for years, making this an acceptable look. Any other colors, especially a BRIGHT orange, just don't look right.

So the overall tone of this thread seems to be "well, it doesn't look bad, but we're just not used to it..."

So the overall tone of this thread seems to be "well, it doesn't look bad, but we're just not used to it..."

Righto. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not some objective style guide. We lose sight of that in all areas of life.

If this were to be real and the Bears get hot and win a lot of games with orange pants, that will do a lot more than anything to make Chicago fans consider them acceptable. If they get blown out by the Packers the first time they suit up in them, consider them the lime-green Seahawks jerseys or the brown Browns pants.

8596484610_3a38500074.jpg

I'm pretty sure it looks bad. It looks passable for a Madden alternative, but in action these would look ridiculous.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That sound you hear is a hammer hitting a nail directly on its head.

I'm thinking about changing my position on these.

The Bears wore orange pants in 1949, 1938, and 1937 - so there is a precedent.

To me, the Bears are honoring tradition AND trying to rake in cash by utilizing orange. The way they have done it thus far is an acceptable modernization of the historical uniforms by staying within the template.

Czech it:

http://www.gridironuniforms.com/bears.html

I say go with the 1935 uniforms!

Who else has a pant color that doesn't match their helmets? (not including white or silver/grey pants and helmets)

Redskins yellow pants

Steelers yellow pants

Texans red pants

Any others?

Methinks it's all what you're used to...this Bears combo is not that different than the Steelers road uni.

Until this upcoming season, when they're evidently going only with white pants, the Rams had gold pants and a predominantly blue helmet.

In the past, the Chargers have featured yellow pants with a blue helmet.

The Bengals have worn black pants with a predominantly orange helmet.

The Saints regularly wear black pants with a gold helmet.

The Eagles have worn black pants with a green helmet (I think).

The Bills used to wear blue pants with a red helmet.

But you're right, teams generally don't wear pants and helmet of two different colors. And there's a reason for that - it usually looks unbalanced.

>>>>

Only for the first 2 seasons of the red helmet in '84 and '85

It would have looked much better had the BILLS changed the face-mask to white from the blue with the helmet change.

They finally did in '86 but then shelved the blue away pants . . :cry:

71395871_display_image.jpg

The Montreal Canadiens used to wear red, white, and blue barber pole sweaters. By your logic they should bring it back just because it's something they used to wear, even though it looks hideous.

>>>>

I thought they looked absolutely awesome !!!

I remember, they had something like 5 different throwbacks that season, and the barbershop was my favorite.

article_23011_2.jpg

PriceThrowback.jpg

I'm gonna say it, and I don't think it's been said. It's been mentioned, but not in a positive way.

I would LOVE an all orange uni.

Not trolling, not kidding, or anything. I would honestly love that look.

Red and orange are my favorite colors, I love the all red Texans look.

I'm probably in the tiniest of minorities in wanting an all orange look, but I'm ok with that. I also think it might be the day Paul Lukas quits his blog, and maybe someone legit can take over.

2ly2w09.jpg

Navy jersey with orange pants looks good! Better than with the white jersey. I hope we can actually see experimenting like this with some teams in real life.

It's cause you've more or less seen it in college with Illinois and syracuse.

Navy jersey with orange pants looks good! Better than with the white jersey. I hope we can actually see experimenting like this with some teams in real life.

It's cause you've more or less seen it in college with Illinois and syracuse.

Or because there aren't three different colors between helmet, jersey, and pants. I feel like that's the main complaint about the road look...it's blue/white/orange. I think we'd all agree that an a/a/b color scheme works for any team.

For everyone saying the Bears will look like Illinois or Syracuse with orange pants, there's one huge difference. Both those teams also wear orange helmets which makes the pants look a lot better.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived