2013 Houston Astros Uniforms

Bouj

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2009astronauts_graduation01.jpg

That's a nice logo and looks like an A but way too similar to the Angels. But, for inspiration, a starting point, this is where I'd start.

Must be me but I'm not seeing any negative space in the star in the pin.

However, I believe it must have been the inspiration for their original "shooting star" jerseys when they became the Astros: rotate that photo 90 degrees, take away the circle, then reverse and arch the 3 "burst" lines:

nl_1965_houston.gif

That's a nice logo and looks like an A but way too similar to the Angels. But, for inspiration, a starting point, this is where I'd start.

Must be me but I'm not seeing any negative space in the star in the pin.

However, I believe it must have been the inspiration for their original "shooting star" jerseys when they became the Astros: rotate that photo 90 degrees, take away the circle, then reverse and arch the 3 "burst" lines:

nl_1965_houston.gif

The negative space in the current hat logo is similar to the overall shape of the pin.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

They did use that as the starting point. It's how they came up with the current cap logo.

They did use that as the starting point. It's how they came up with the current cap logo.

Are we sure that this pin was even a consideration? I guess if you tilt it on angle and lose the oval, it kinda resembles the negative space in the broken star, but that's kind of a stretch.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are we sure that this pin was even a consideration? I guess if you tilt it on angle and lose the oval, it kinda resembles the negative space in the broken star, but that's kind of a stretch.

I don't know. I find the idea that a team named the Astros in Houston, home of astronauts, somehow accidentally ended up with negative space in their cap logo that exactly matches the outline of the emblem of their namesakes to be the bigger stretch.

Owner Jim Crane has been stating rebranding will be a mix of old & new. And its beginning to sound like we'll see the current "shooting star" cap logo recolored to blue & orange and paired with the 1965-70 uni's

1965uni.gif

Thoughts?!?

Paul Lukas chimes in and it sounds like my earlier prediction (posted above) may be spot on.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/07/02/brewers-and-diamondbacks-wear-italian-themed-uniforms/

"A little birdie checks in with the following: ?I have a friend who works for the Astros, and he caught a glimpse of the logo and wordmark the club sent up to MLB for approval. His description was that it?s the same star they are using now, except a little ?sharper,? and in blue and orange. The wordmark uses a font that is similar to what they were using in the ?60s and ?70s. No word on the uniform, though.?
NYCdog.png

Owner Jim Crane has been stating rebranding will be a mix of old & new. And its beginning to sound like we'll see the current "shooting star" cap logo recolored to blue & orange and paired with the 1965-70 uni's

1965uni.gif

Thoughts?!?

Paul Lukas chimes in and it sounds like my earlier prediction (posted above) may be spot on.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/07/02/brewers-and-diamondbacks-wear-italian-themed-uniforms/

"A little birdie checks in with the following: ?I have a friend who works for the Astros, and he caught a glimpse of the logo and wordmark the club sent up to MLB for approval. His description was that it?s the same star they are using now, except a little ?sharper,? and in blue and orange. The wordmark uses a font that is similar to what they were using in the ?60s and ?70s. No word on the uniform, though.?

Okay - I'll throw out my guess:

Thinking of this years update of the Blue Jays and applying that same process to the Astros:

Cleaned up current star, cleaned up 1960s font on the jerseys plus (as a nod to the 70s and 80s) that cleaned up current star under the "Astros" (think like the Blue Jays). Could have piping or could be plain.

Archived