Teams that need a complete overhaul

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, my beloved Ottawa Senators need to change everything in their indentity outside of the colour scheme & team name.

That whole misguided Roman theme has gone on long enough!

You're looking for an old, white guy in a suit as the mascot?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

In my opinion, my beloved Ottawa Senators need to change everything in their indentity outside of the colour scheme & team name.

Surely these aren't my only two options.

thecatch.jpg

Padres need to go back to their 90s uniforms.

Browns need to extinguish as a franchise, and set up shop somewhere else, with a completely new identity.

Marlins need to go back to the 90s.

UCLA needs to modernize, and more importantly, get the hell out of the techfit template which is ruining their uniforms.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Surely these aren't my only two options.

No, they're not.

Queenamidala.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Browns need to extinguish as a franchise, and set up shop somewhere else, with a completely new identity.

And here you've been doing so well recently.

Are you just trying to be a jerk?

Clevejacked.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

NBA

Houston Rockets- I don't think they need a complete overhaul, but they need to make this the basis of their unis, with a script switch:

Posted Image

The thing I don't like most about that uniform is how much it looks like a modern template with a slanted Rockets script slapped on it. Which I suppose makes sense as the classic uniform was basically a ordinary uniform with a slanted Rockets script on it.

The modern unis are not without flaws but hot damn are they distinctive. I'd love to see an update on the hoop uniform instead of an overhaul. Because, really, what NBA team has actually gone forward with a new look in the last few years? Any "overhaul" would just be a full time throwback.

I think we need some clarification on "complete overhaul" for this thread to be effective, otherwise it's going to be yet another "uniforms I don't like" thread.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1. Dallas Cowboys

BLASPHEMOUS!!!

Anyway, before I start my list, I just want to acknowledge that the title of the thread is for "a COMPLETE overhaul".... buuuuuuut I, like everyone else here, can't help but throw out some tweaks. So:

NFL

Complete Overhauls

- JAGUARS. Not so much an overahul. Just get back to the look they had before they were ruined and turned into blandness.

Tweaks

- EVERYONE WHO GOT THE "PIMP COLLARS" WHEN NIKE TOOK OVER. Just get rid of them.

- BENGALS. Get rid of that white stripe on the sides. Everything else, I have no problem with.

- PANTHERS. Stripes and Numbers.

NBA

Complete Overhauls

- THUNDER. A Logo that actually has something to do with the name or the city/state, uniforms that are more creative, and get rid of just one of those colors. I'm thinking, stick with Red-Orange/Strong Blue/Yellow. No Navy.

- HAWKS. I guess just go back to Red/Gold combo, although honestly I don't mind the Red, White, and Blue.

- CLIPPERS. Get a REAL logo and go back to the old San Diego colors.

Tweaks

- ROCKETS. Just bring the gold back.

- MAVS. Bring SOME green back.

- LAKERS. JUST modernize the logo. It's not like you're killing any tradition as they don't have the exact same unis they had in the Magic era.

- PISTONS. Logo..... HORSE..... use it!

MLB (Oh btw, I really don't get some people's want for San Diego to go back to the McDonald's Big Mac colors. :huh: )

Complete Overhauls

- MARLINS. Tooooooooo many colors, if ya want orange or yellow in there, fine, but don't have it ALL in there. Do something with that wordmark.

Tweaks

- RANGERS. I wish they would use their old sheriff badge logo, with a couple tweaks in there.

NHL

Complete Overhauls

- DUCKS. You can probably guess, but.... old Mighty Ducks identity with current colors. Different numbers.

- BLUE JACKETS. Different logo and uniforms. Keep the colors.

- PENGUINS. Redo the uniforms (I could say that about half the league thanks to Reebok destroying them.)

- AVALANCHE. Again, uniforms.

Tweaks

- STARS. Have more of an ode to their late 90's style unis. And put back emphasis on GREEN as this is the primary color.

- LIGHTNING. Put in more black in the unis and logo.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

MLB:

1. Astros-desperately

2. Indians

3. Padres

4. Rockies

NFL:

1. Jaguars-they're really the only team that needs a "complete" overhaul right now.

NBA:

1. Wizards-I don't get their current brand at all. They need to just start all over, new primary, maybe even a new team name, etc.

2. Thunder-obvious

3. Blazers-woefully outdated

4. Hornets

I could keep going with the NBA. Those are the four most glaring ones to me though.

NHL:

1. Stars

2. Ducks

Tf9TG.jpg

MLB:

Marlins. I dislike the logo especially, but the overkill on black since 2003 is my next biggest beef.

Padres. They need to bring back brown.

Rangers. I would add some red elements to the blue alt and blue elements to the red alternate

Angels. The monochrome brick red thing looks awful.

NFL:

Seahawks. Go back to the 90s color scheme, and modern uniforms

Jets. I hate throwbacks as jerseys. It should not be hard to find a modern look for the Jets

And here you've been doing so well recently.

Are you just trying to be a jerk?

No, I have nothing against Cleveland. I just think that as a franchise, they have nothing. They have no tradition of winning in an era most fans can remember, a city that isn't exactly marketable, and a team that's terrible. They have no real logo other than the helmet (which really isn't much to market), and seriously, where can you go with a name like the Browns? From a marketing standpoint, they're in a terrible situation, and I don't see them getting out of it anytime soon.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived