Teams that need a complete overhaul

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Blue and Sand looks 1000000x better. Brown is just.... Ugly.

You're my hero. Seriously, who would want brown back? Especially with either Giants orange or taco bell gold? If anything they need to add a bit more sand back into their uni and call it a day.

Well, there's three of you. You two, plus the moron in charge of the Padres.

Actually there's 4 of us in this thread alone so far. Brown isn't universally loved, accept it and move on. If anything the Padres should either bring back the sand, or bring back their 90's unis.

Don't you believe it. The Chargers fought the powder blue people for years, and slowly gave in. Everything comes back... nostalgia is a beast that eventually will get fed. This year it was the Toronto Blue Jays, soon it'll be the Houston Astros. I don't think there's any question someday the brown will be back. Then you can accept it move on.

...except that the Jays didn't just bring back the old--they improved on it in a big way. The Padres could bring back some brown, but hopefully not in the terrible way it was used before.

Also, the sand road unis were awesome.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think Blue and Sand looks 1000000x better. Brown is just.... Ugly.

You're my hero. Seriously, who would want brown back? Especially with either Giants orange or taco bell gold? If anything they need to add a bit more sand back into their uni and call it a day.

Well, there's three of you. You two, plus the moron in charge of the Padres.

Actually there's 4 of us in this thread alone so far. Brown isn't universally loved, accept it and move on. If anything the Padres should either bring back the sand, or bring back their 90's unis.

Don't you believe it. The Chargers fought the powder blue people for years, and slowly gave in. Everything comes back... nostalgia is a beast that eventually will get fed. This year it was the Toronto Blue Jays, soon it'll be the Houston Astros. I don't think there's any question someday the brown will be back. Then you can accept it move on.

Make that 5.

Call me what you want to call me but the Padres DON'T need to go back to that. Not everything old is good and there's a reason why some things don't come back.

Seriously, seeing brown and yellow/orange doesn't make me think of sports, it makes me think of a bacon cheeseburger at Fuddruckers... which I could really go for right now.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

...except that the Jays didn't just bring back the old--they improved on it in a big way. The Padres could bring back some brown, but hopefully not in the terrible way it was used before.

Not in conjunction with orange in any form, but brown and gold are a gorgeous color combination sadly unused in pro sports.

Not in conjunction with orange in any form, but brown and gold are a gorgeous color combination sadly unused in pro sports.

Agreed. Using orange is what leads people to the Taco Bell connotations, but brown and yellow alone should not warrant that.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Also I don't think the Thunder need a complete overhaul, their colors and uniforms are fine IMO. They just need a better logo.

Completely agree. I'm from OKC, and the people of OKC love the Thunder colors because of their relation to the state and its heritage. The uniforms are also just fine by mine, and many others' standards. I don't know why everyone calls out the away uniforms, because I like those better than the home set. The logo however could definitely be improved and I don't think there's anyone who disagrees.

That said, with their recent success, and their relative newness in the NBA world, I don't see it going anywhere for quite a while.

Please... everything about OKC's "identity" (in the loosest possible sense of the word) reeks of "we just hastily and corruptly stole this team from Seattle, better throw together a logo and some uniforms." The color scheme's resemblance to the flag has to be a coincidence, as the scheme they chose is a rushed amalgamation of all the most boring mid-2000's NBA trends: double blue, orange, and yellow to further muddle things. They look like a high-budget AAU team at best. What's sad is that the franchise actually had a unique, ownable identity at one point, but that's all gone now.

80272899_crop_650x440.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Please... everything about OKC's "identity" (in the loosest possible sense of the word) reeks of "we just hastily and corruptly stole this team from Seattle, better throw together a logo and some uniforms." The color scheme's resemblance to the flag has to be a coincidence, as the scheme they chose is a rushed amalgamation of all the most boring mid-2000's NBA trends: double blue, orange, and yellow to further muddle things. They look like a high-budget AAU team at best. What's sad is that the franchise actually had a unique, ownable identity at one point, but that's all gone now.

Yeah, that's been thrown back and forth a bunch in the past couple weeks....

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

So you, someone not from OKC, is telling someone from OKC that OKC's colors do not at all reflect their home state's colors?

Agreed. Using orange is what leads people to the Taco Bell connotations, but brown and yellow alone should not warrant that.

No, it leads people to other connotations.

Thank you for saying it.

So you, someone not from OKC, is telling someone from OKC that OKC's colors do not at all reflect their home state's colors?

Took the words right out of my mouth. The colors have meaning behind them, for sure. The uniforms were intentional too. The simple, classic look of the uniforms is something people really like here. Definitely better than some lightning-bolted crap like the warriors used to have (or Arky football just got). I'm sure the colors relation to trend isn't an accident, but I'm also sure that there was some deeper thought behind it.

I've spoken to the guy who designed the logo actually and he hates it as much as anyone else. He said they had some great ideas put together. But ultimately, this design is what the owners insisted on. Surely, he could have done a better job on a logo that conveyed the same feel as what the owners wanted, that's part of being a designer. But, I can remember projects of my own that got so frustrating and convoluted because of ridiculous client requests, that I have to think that logo was like that.

Took the words right out of my mouth. The colors have meaning behind them, for sure. The uniforms were intentional too. The simple, classic look of the uniforms is something people really like here. Definitely better than some lightning-bolted crap like the warriors used to have (or Arky football just got). I'm sure the colors relation to trend isn't an accident, but I'm also sure that there was some deeper thought behind it.

I've spoken to the guy who designed the logo actually and he hates it as much as anyone else. He said they had some great ideas put together. But ultimately, this design is what the owners insisted on. Surely, he could have done a better job on a logo that conveyed the same feel as what the owners wanted, that's part of being a designer. But, I can remember projects of my own that got so frustrating and convoluted because of ridiculous client requests, that I have to think that logo was like that.

So the designer even thought it was a crap logo?

only until they leave grammar school.

Their bodies may leave elementary school, but their minds may not.

And therein lies the primary issue.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't get the love for those uniforms. The name SuperSonics has a certain futuristic flair to it that was undercut by the adoption of a faux-old time basketball logo and wordmark. The S/ball was the only salvageable thing from the Sonics' last Seattle-based identity.

As underhanded as the move from Seattle to Oklahoma City was, I think it's time we all stopped letting our rage over the loss of the Sonics cloud our judgment of the Thunder. And not just in regards to the uniform and logos.

monta-bucks.jpg

the bucks.

+1. I would love it if Bucks went back to one of these:

c3f89gehrb2jkm7lxwiooq0k5.gifu4ay5i0ft6rz7w7fhebh96fe8.gif

Or maybe even something like this? :D

Although for the record, the double-greens are still my all-time favorite Bucks unis. It's a shame that no other pro (or college) sports team has ever used that combo.

Their bodies may leave elementary school, but their minds may not.

And therein lies the primary issue.

leave brown and yellow to retro night...it may be fashionable on the street but no self respecting athlete wants to wear that color combination.

Archived