Dolphins considering new logo

gdu

"Seems Dolphins owner Stephen Ross has all sorts of change in mind. Last month, [Ross] mentioned that he is interested in changing the team???s logo and uniforms, perhaps as soon as the 2013 season. As it turns out, the Dolphins are already well into discussions with the league about a fresh new look for next season. A source at league headquarters told the Post that the Dolphins and NFL have been trading emails for several weeks, with various mock-ups of a new Dolphins logo being designed and tweaked by the two sides. Dolphins CEO Mike Dee said Thursday night that "it's not 100 percent that we're going to make a change," but that the team has gotten feedback from the fans and is looking to "freshen up" the logo."

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2012/07/12/miami-dolphins-communicating-with-nfl-headquarters-about-a-logo-change-for-2013/

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has the potential to end up in our "Logo Revolts" thread.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Dolphins could definitely benefit from a tweaking of their logo. But there's also a real good chance they could do too much and really screw it up. It will be interesting to see what ends up coming from this.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

DOLPHINS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE MEAN

Oh no? Then you've never read about some of their social habits.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

DOLPHINS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE MEAN like the logo has it looking...

Oh no?

Tell that to... The Fin!

thefin.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq483GRQWnk

Dear gosh, Goth...The TICK??? Do you know how long it's been since I've even heard that name, much less watched an episode??

Oh and um uh....about the possible new Dolphins logo: it's about time.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think too much of a change would be a mistake. Perhaps it's an unpopular opinion, but I think Miami is one of the best looking teams in the league from head to toe. Here's to hoping that if a change is indeed in order, that they won't go nuts with it. A small "freshening up" would be fine.

Oh, and NICE Tick reference, Goth! :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

About time. Personally, I'd love for them to tweak this a bit and run with it: ag48t2etdw3ynsj4mqh9owo7u.gif

dolphinsp.jpg

That looks awesome!

It looks awesome, but it's the Dolphins. The logo has been tweaked since its debut, but that would be such a radical change for what is now a classic logo.

70389454.png

Someone here did a concept that was between the previous classic-but-messy Dolphins logo and the current clean-but-inferior one. Wish I could find it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived