Sports logo prototypes

jakemon08

From Darren Rovells twitter account. More merchandise from Tampa Bay Giants

BdGhP9IIQAEXYTR.jpg

This must have been closer to happening then we all know

Third parties can move very quickly to make merchandise in order to strike while the iron is hot. I remember having a Baltimore Browns t-shirt when I was younger, and there was only a three-month window between the announcement that the Browns were moving to Baltimore, and the announcement that the Browns name was going to stay in Cleveland. I believe it was also about a three-month period between the time that the sale to the Naimoli group was agreed to in principle, and when the National League vetoed said sale.

I remember the Baltimore Browns t-shirts hitting the market almost as soon as the move was announced.

Also, I can go one better than remembering having a Baltimore Browns t-shirt (which I never did). I still HAVE a Baltimore Cardinals t-shirt from when Bill Bidwill was shopping the Cardinals around before moving the team to Phoenix. I wore it to a Super Bowl party when they played the Steelers.

You have to post a pic. This was the only think I could find on the Web

7827973992_c4ec63227d.jpg

I will try to remember to take a picture of the Cardinals t-shirt.

As for the Browns, I've never seen that shirt before. The only shirt I remember was a bootleg that had an image of a Browns helmet with "Baltimore" above and "Browns" below in a generic block font (not much different from an authentic Browns t-shirt, come to think of it :) ) If memory serves me, they were on sale very shortly after the move was announced.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recall very very long time ago, when the CFL Alouettes had financial difficulties, their were rumours they would change name and called Montreal Phoenix. The logo was a maple leaf with a sort of fire eagle in it. Cannot find picture. That would be around 1984 maybe. I saw it at TV.

When you wrote "Baltimore Browns" I immediately thought of the St. Louis Browns becoming the Baltimore Orioles......

Until this post I had sort of never realised that 'the Browns moving to Baltimore' has happened twice, in separate sports.

I'd always known it, I'd just never put 2 & 2 together before.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

When you wrote "Baltimore Browns" I immediately thought of the St. Louis Browns becoming the Baltimore Orioles......

Until this post I had sort of never realised that 'the Browns moving to Baltimore' has happened twice, in separate sports.

Now we just need to find a hockey or basketball team named the Browns . . . and build a remotely adequate arena in which to house them.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Now we just need to find a hockey or basketball team named the Browns . . . and build a remotely adequate arena in which to house them.

That could take MONTHS.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

BdGhP9IIQAEXYTR.jpg

I don't think it was close.

It most likely a very well orchestrated ultamatium issued by the Giants using TB as a bargaining chip as ownership really did not have much interest in moving. The only reason they were able to make it look like a serious threat was the big orange dome had already been completed. The real problem was that much like today the giants wanted a sweetheart stadium deal at taxpayers expense. There were also some decent alternate sites in the Bay that could've been hammered out as a secondary option before florida ever became a serious option. Obviously if it was all about $$$ and subsidies they would have moved. Instead the got some free land (from what I remembered) in the Marina and financed pacbell park themselves.

I actually remember that they had a full blown press conference to make the announcement and actually had made giants hats with SP initials and the associated promotional t-shirts etc. It was quite the show as It made huge front page news accompanied with a giant full color photo in the Mercury News.

here's a cowboys prototype that was in a thread a while ago12-3scans0000025A.jpg

If I remember right, Dallas was still being referred to as the Rangers when this came out....the article had to do with the signing of Don Meredith.
You serious, Clark? The caption ON THE PHOTO calls them the Cowboys and refers to Tom Landry's contract.

I would like to see a detailed close up of that boot decal.

You serious, Clark? The caption ON THE PHOTO calls them the Cowboys and refers to Tom Landry's contract.

The caption also says the photo is from 1964, so they already had four seasons under the belts as the Cowboys.

here's a cowboys prototype that was in a thread a while ago12-3scans0000025A.jpg

If I remember right, Dallas was still being referred to as the Rangers when this came out....the article had to do with the signing of Don Meredith.

Anybody knows why there's a logo inside the helmet on the left?

I think some helmets of that era were done inside out with a clear shell. Like the logo was placed first, then the shell was painted on the inside. However, that would not make sense with this particular picture, so my post really adds nothing. :upside:

iq5b7nF.png

BdGhP9IIQAEXYTR.jpg

Third parties can move very quickly to make merchandise in order to strike while the iron is hot. I remember having a Baltimore Browns t-shirt when I was younger, and there was only a three-month window between the announcement that the Browns were moving to Baltimore, and the announcement that the Browns name was going to stay in Cleveland. I believe it was also about a three-month period between the time that the sale to the Naimoli group was agreed to in principle, and when the National League vetoed said sale.

I remember the Baltimore Browns t-shirts hitting the market almost as soon as the move was announced.

Also, I can go one better than remembering having a Baltimore Browns t-shirt (which I never did). I still HAVE a Baltimore Cardinals t-shirt from when Bill Bidwill was shopping the Cardinals around before moving the team to Phoenix. I wore it to a Super Bowl party when they played the Steelers.

You have to post a pic. This was the only think I could find on the Web

7827973992_c4ec63227d.jpg

This Browns shirt really makes me mad....I will never forget how mad I was at Modell in '95...My brother gave me a prank shirt for Christmas that year that was airbrushed with the following on it:

- A Browns helmet on the front with Baltimore Browns written across it.

- A pair of blue eyes on the back of the shirt with the following written under it: "Don't it make my "brown" eyes turn blue" (For those that do not know, these words are from a Crystal Gayle song)

I was pissed when I first opened the gift, but after sometime I finally started wearing the shirt around the house.

spacer.png

How's this??

cowboyproto1.jpg

98Falcons.png

• 2 weeks later...

From Icethetics, the Kings, Blue Jackets, and Ducks, the Panthers, Coyotes. And from the Minnesota Wild, a gallery of 5 other proposed identities, and the accompanying article.

Those Coyotes logos are beautiful.

Sorry to quote a 1.5 year old post, but does anyone know where I can find the logo (by itself) on this Coyotes uniform?

OACW75d.png

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

From Icethetics, the Kings, Blue Jackets, and Ducks, the Panthers, Coyotes. And from the Minnesota Wild, a gallery of 5 other proposed identities, and the accompanying article.

Those Coyotes logos are beautiful.

Sorry to quote a 1.5 year old post, but does anyone know where I can find the logo (by itself) on this Coyotes uniform?

OACW75d.png

If you haven't found it yet and want a better quality (or even vectored) image of it, you should post it in the thread below.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/95922-updating-vintage-logos/page-42

98Falcons.png

Archived