Sports logo prototypes

jakemon08

maybe if the Thunder ever come up with a real logo they can do something with an anthropomorphic thundercloud.

You mean like the Trenton Thunder?

ifeda80al10nqtbp4nwm5fnpv.gif

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The following helmet, jersey, and logo were never officially considered by Bud Adams and Oilers' (later, Titans) management.

Rather, they represented the team identity that a gentleman named Bill Bledsoe hoped the Oilers would adopt upon moving to Nashville. Bledsoe, along with family-members and friends, reportedly invested upwards of $30,000 to launch the Tennessee Copperheads website, develop a logo package, and create the jersey prototype seen in the photo.

Ultimately, Adams - aided by a panel of Tennessee business leaders that he invited to advise him on rebranding the team - chose Titans over two other finalists, Pioneers and Tornadoes. Prior to narrowing the list down to those three names, other candidate identities had been Ambush, Bandits, Blitz, Bobcats, Commanders, Conquerors, Copperheads, Cougars, Cruisers, Daredevils, Dynamos, Firestorm, Fury, Generals, Legends, Marauders, Nighthawks, Power, Presidents, Rampage, Rapids, Rattlers, Renegades, River Bandits, Siege, Smokies, Sound, Stallions, Stampede, Stingers, Talons, Tempest, Thunder, Tornadoes, Tradition, Troopers, and Vipers.

As for why Bledsoe's efforts came to naught, Adams later said, "One of the strong recommendations the advisory council made was no snakes or reptiles. That eliminated Copperheads and Vipers."

Copperheads.gif

BILL1.jpg

TennesseeCopperheads02.jpg

Wow.

Wow.

First of all - yes that Panthers Blue is different than what they wear now. Secondly, that color chosen for the Jags' Teal is actually a Neon/fluorescent color.

I have a different shade of Teal for the early Jags...probably was changed when the designers realized what an asinine choice Fluorescent Green would have been.

Thanks for finding and posting these.

The World Football League

fast_facts_02.jpg

I've got B&W logosheets for all the teams...have most of the Pantone values as well.

Would kill for those uniform guides however.

fast_facts_02.jpg

Am I reading right? Houston TEXAS?!?!

Well, that IS where Houston is located. I don't think they had all the nicknames hammered out at the time. Hence the graphic just reading "Memphis."

gYH2mW9.png

I could be wrong but I think only the Hawaii one is a prototype. Maybe Virginia. Some of those teams folded through half a season, but they still were put out there. I wish I could find some film/pics. Jax colors were black and silver. BTW, Houston were the Texans and Memphis were the Southmen. They did have the Grizzlies for a second nickname. Philadelphia's name was Bell. No "s". New York Stars moved to Charlotte in mid season and became the Hornets. Houston Texans also moved mid season to Shreveport. They were the Steamer. Detroit Wheels moved to London Ontario for a game before they shut it down.

I could be wrong but I think only the Hawaii one is a prototype. Maybe Virginia. Some of those teams folded through half a season, but they still were put out there. I wish I could find some film/pics. Jax colors were black and silver. BTW, Houston were the Texans and Memphis were the Southmen. They did have the Grizzlies for a second nickname. Philadelphia's name was Bell. No "s". New York Stars moved to Charlotte in mid season and became the Hornets. Houston Texans also moved mid season to Shreveport. They were the Steamer. Detroit Wheels moved to London Ontario for a game before they shut it down.

All of those teams except for Virginia played.

Texans1.jpgMatuszakHouston.jpg

calvin%20Hill.jpghawiians.jpg

fast_facts_02.jpg

Am I reading right? Houston TEXAS?!?!

Well, that IS where Houston is located. I don't think they had all the nicknames hammered out at the time. Hence the graphic just reading "Memphis."

I know. For a moment there I thought that was the name.

Oh, and this crazy-ass color scheme:

SouthernCaliforniaSun_FRC_1975_SCC_SRGB.png

And yes, those colors do represent the official Sun Pantone values.

Archived