2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

Raps get Rudy Gay, send Jose Calderon and Ed Davis to Memphis.

Welp.

Rumors are Calderon is getting shipped to Detroit for Prince/Daye. Not really a fan of this trade for Memphis. They need draft picks bad (first rounders) and you'd think that Gay could net them one or two. I think they might ship Darrell Arthur for someone, with Ed Davis taking his role.

It just seems odd to me a team that as of now has a four seed would give up their leading scorer midway through the season. The number one reason being cited for it is money, but okay if that's the case then why couldn't do this move in the offseason or before the year started if it was that big of an issue? You had to wait until mid season to start dumping salary when your team is looked in the playoffs and has an outside shot of making a run at an NBA title? That's when you pull the trigger?

The only thing I've heard that makes sense is that the Grizzlies (mainly Zach Randolph) just don't like him and were looking for any excuse they could to get rid of him.

I do agree they probably could have gotten back a lot more for him then an aging swingman and a backup center. I don't really understand what the goal is there. But again why aren't there many teams jumping at the opportunity to add a guy who could potentially average 20 points a night and is pretty good defender on top of it? You have a good idea what your getting back in both Prince and Daye and that package is not better then Rudy Gay and I'm sure they know it to. What's going on? I think its either a straight salary dump or there's something wrong with this guy and nobody wants to say what it is publicly, but everyone around the league knows it.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LeBron/Evans stuff aside, watch the Nets/Heat sportscenter recap video. What the hell was that toward the beginning?

Did Mike Golic break a vodka bottle over John Clayton's head?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Spurs say that its a sprained knee and ankle, which is a relief when you consider what could've been when you think of recent knee injuries in the league.

Yeah, but that's a preliminary diagnosis. He still needs an MRI.

True.

Didn't San Antonio get fined for resting their players this year?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Indiana sweeps the league's only back to back to back of the season (Monday night was a make-up for the postponed game on 12/26), held Philadelphia under 70 points on their third game in three nights, and ended the Bulls' record-tying streak of 41 consecutive wins when scoring over 100 points.

How far will they go this year?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

And this is all without Danny Granger (for the most part). I don't know what's going to happen when he comes back. Sure he's a great player, but this team is really hitting on all cylinders right now, adding Granger to the rotation and mixing minutes around could be good or bad. The Rockets' (Yao and McGrady injured) and Grizzlies' (sans Rudy Gay) recent playoff runs without their marquee players come to mind. Who knows what would have happened if those injuries hadn't happened.

Jeez. Look out for Denver come playoff time. This is some of the best basketball they've played in years, they're on pace to win 52 games, and they are absolutely unbeatable at Pepsi Center. They're all but certain to land a top-4 seed after Memphis bowed out of the running, and I think they have a fine chance of getting through to the WCF, and if you get that far, then anything can happen from there.

Very impressed with that team. Their early season road trips (20 of 29) could've buried them, but they did well enough to set up the home-heavy stretch, where they are thriving.

(I'll also use this space to point out how the Spurs are, once again, having a phenomenal season, yet are flying under the radar. 39-11, 1.5 ahead of OKC and winners of 11 straight. And it's almost unnoticed by NBA fans at this point.)

spacer.png

Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@magicjohnson Not sure if I was embarrassed for this @Lakers team or embarrassed to be a former Laker, because of how they played

These Magic tweets were kinda fun at first, but now it's just petty and kinda weird. Even I can't enjoy them.

I don't know what's more pleasant: The Pacers enjoying some profound success (while donning the best throwbacks evarrrrrrr) or the slowly unfolding madness of Kobe Bryant and the Great Laker Meltdown.

BUoJq.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Jeez. Look out for Denver come playoff time. This is some of the best basketball they've played in years, they're on pace to win 52 games, and they are absolutely unbeatable at Pepsi Center. They're all but certain to land a top-4 seed after Memphis bowed out of the running, and I think they have a fine chance of getting through to the WCF, and if you get that far, then anything can happen from there.

Very impressed with that team. Their early season road trips (20 of 29) could've buried them, but they did well enough to set up the home-heavy stretch, where they are thriving.

(I'll also use this space to point out how the Spurs are, once again, having a phenomenal season, yet are flying under the radar. 39-11, 1.5 ahead of OKC and winners of 11 straight. And it's almost unnoticed by NBA fans at this point.)

While the Nuggets are a great home team, they are pretty below average on the road. If they don't have home court in a playoff series or they play OKC, then chances are really good that they'll lose. OKC has always had the Nuggets number, and probably always will as long as Durant is there.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived